Judge waits to sentence woman convict...

Judge waits to sentence woman convicted in Smoke Shoppe robbery

There are 8 comments on the Silver City Sun-News story from Dec 6, 2010, titled Judge waits to sentence woman convicted in Smoke Shoppe robbery. In it, Silver City Sun-News reports that:

In a move he called rare, District Court Judge J.C. Robinson on Monday delayed sentencing convicted armed robber Teresa Madrid and ordered that she undergo a 60-day diagnostic examination.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Silver City Sun-News.

rock steady

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Dec 7, 2010
Someone should stick a gun in the Adult Probation Officers faces and we will see how nice and understanding they are when a convicted felon, charged, tried and convicted by a jury of her peers said "GUILTY". I bet they shout from the roof tops that this chik should go to prison. We should contact them and voice our opinions about their attitudes and stupidity.
Concerneddad

Silver City, NM

#3 Dec 7, 2010
How dysfunctional is the grandma? What is it with this matriarchal culture we have in Grant County?
Aunt Bobbie

Silver City, NM

#4 Dec 7, 2010
Concerneddad wrote:
How dysfunctional is the grandma? What is it with this matriarchal culture we have in Grant County?
THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH MATRIARCHAL CULTURE HERE!! What is wrong is the cry baby criminals who want an easy sentence after putting a gun in somebodys face and robbing them. I think Granny needs to pull her head out of the ground, and see her grand daughter for what she is, A Tweaking Criminal! Oh yeah and that it wasn't be crap, I would have found the person using my face and whooped their butt.
Ron

Santa Fe, NM

#5 Dec 7, 2010
If you work at McDonald's and kill your victim by stabbing them to death you get the funny farm for 6 yrs or prison for 8yrs. Robbery with a weapon and they're talking about 16 yrs. It will never happen. This garbage will get off like all the rest of it. How did these people get to be judges? The only justice in this town is the death of the Chamber of Commerce. At least we've stopped bringing innocent tourists into this incestuous town. This has never been a safe place to live.
FUElkstine

Heroica Guaymas, Mexico

#6 Dec 7, 2010
Come On guys, she just needs a little more time to get a few more tattoos while she's undergoing a few test to see if she's rehab-able. For the guys, your luck they don't lock her up in general population at the county jail. She would be the one rehabbing the rest. Good pick for the Grant county boxing matches. Lets see if Robinson is worth rehabbing. And we still have 3 1/2 months before April Fool. Maybe Martinez will pick her up as the Atty General of the State. Get this chick into politics and she would learn she wouldn't need a gun to rob honest folks. Lets rehab the whole state cus we are all morons for letting this crap happen.
HOP ALONG

United States

#7 Dec 7, 2010
Concerneddad wrote:
Hey she deserves a chance! And her granny is only wanting her home to take care of her. If she allegedly put a gun to the victims face and didn't shoot? Maybe if she did she would get a lighter sentence. She has no priors and she did some good in her life. GOD IS THE ONLY ONE TO JUDGE EVERYONE!!! AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT!!!
Morgan Rose

Silver City, NM

#8 Dec 9, 2010
I don't want this woman on the streets. If she has no trouble stick a gun in the face of a disabled woman and then fight with six guards, I don't want her ass out. She is a danger. Why should law abiding citizens have to put up with the outright lawlessness in this area? ENOUGH! She was found guilty and obviously her grandmother couldn't control her before, why does she think that she can now?
Concerneddad

Silver City, NM

#9 Dec 15, 2010
HOP ALONG wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey she deserves a chance! And her granny is only wanting her home to take care of her. If she allegedly put a gun to the victims face and didn't shoot? Maybe if she did she would get a lighter sentence. She has no priors and she did some good in her life. GOD IS THE ONLY ONE TO JUDGE EVERYONE!!! AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT!!!
SHE IS 29 years old!!!! Get a clue. You take care of KIDS not menaces to society. ANYONE who is ballsey enough to shove a gun in someone's face deserves to be executed no exceptions. As far as your self-righteous attitude about judgement... if that were the case this nation would be total chaos. It is the responsibility of government, and us as citizens, to secure a safe society. If we pussyfoot around and keep giving "slaps on the wrist" we are in for some dark times. And do YOU forget it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Community Easter Egg Hunt is Saturday (Apr '14) Fri hippity hoppity 6
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) Mar 22 OMG 8,890
News New Mexico airline service threatened if White ... Mar 18 lambert 1
Water upgrade (Feb '15) Feb '15 Enchanting New Me... 1
News Grant County residents get a whiff of rotten eggs (Jun '14) Jun '14 Zeke the Geek 1
News GSFWC meeting 071613, final part (Jul '13) Jul '13 good job 1
Copper Ridge Church (Jun '13) Jun '13 PA hiker 1

Hurley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hurley Mortgages