Disability Employment Awareness Month warrants proclamation

Oct 25, 2012 Full story: Deming Headlight

Mayor Andres Silva, right, is joined by James Sander-Cederlof for a proclamation signing designating October as National Disability Employment Awareness month.

Full Story
a pedestrian paradise

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Oct 25, 2012
I admire and commend Mr. Cederlof for his efforts in bringing awareness to the City on the importance of recognizing the obstacles that disabled people encounter. I also agree that the City needs to do more especially for pedestrians. I do commend what they (City) have already done but more is needed. I propose we do what Silver City and many other communities are doing:

"Pedestrian Plan at Planning and Zoning Community Forum" Sept. 18, 2012. Silver City Grant County Beat
"...After a year of working with pedestrian advocates, engineers, residents, and Town staff, the Town's Community Development Department has drafted a proposed Pedestrian Routes Master Plan that, if approved, would help guide pedestrian infrastructure improvements in the future.After public review and necessary revisions, the proposed Plan will go to the Town Council for its consideration. The Plan was born of citizens and Town officials' concerns about walking safety and infrasturcture improvements. The routes proposed were developed from residents' suggestions, gathered at meetings and through questionnaires. Sidwalk surveys were conducted and pedestrian patterns analyzed. The Siver City Planning and Zoning Commission requested an update on the Pedestrian Routes Plan at its October meeting. Town staff will present the draft proposal during the Community Forum portion of the commission meeting. The public is invited and encouraged to attend to ask questions, make suggestions, and comment on the proposed plan."

"City tries to keep pace with making community more walkable by initiating bicycle lanes, sidewalk wideing, street lighting, landscaping and signs. They have looked at things like a walkabiltiy factor, walking obstacles, inconsistent pattern of sidewalks, how to improve pedestrian and bicycle safety."

Maybe our city can look at improving the sidewalks on streets like Eighth St. and Florida where access to doctors offices is needed.
feet-stickers

Artesia, NM

#2 Oct 27, 2012
stop all the celebration. I want people to think about Me and Weeds. WEeds, Weeds, Weeds. Weeds can grow in wheelchairs and I want TAXPAYER DOLLARS to stop them.

I got a headache. I'm going to bed and turn back my bedding for a good night's sleep...oh, my GAWD, there's WEEDS IN MY BED! SUE somebody!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr HughBe 69,535
Battle underway to move money from land grant p... 15 hr merle 3
Say it in six words (Jul '08) 22 hr herecomethecopters 8,548
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Mon Insect Trust 32
dccchs Sep 23 CONCERNED TAX PAYER 1
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Sep 22 SALLY 44 46
WNMU students graduate from Police Academy (Jun '10) Sep 20 Really 8

Hurley Jobs

Hurley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE