Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72030 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#73892 May 30, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe.
But, many of the major deserts in mid-lats are found on the western sides of continents - why?
I said there's a reason for this.
Besides, low precipitation/high evaporation is an effect of 3 or 4 core causes behind formation of deserts.
God caused it.

Location hidden

#73893 May 30, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
Next a fool will tell me that a Tefillin has the power to awaken the ruach or life-force (Jewish idea of soul), which, as a result, can awaken the spiritual connection with a typal being calling itself G-d.
LOL
The notion of a soul was not originally developed by Jews, it was developed by the Greeks. If you have an issue with the concept, perhaps you should find a Greek person to debate. Maybe even to draw.

Location hidden

#73894 May 30, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>Ms Angelou never spoke of soul but of the communication w/G-d. Her statement was no different than Mr. Aurobindo's i.e., through concentration one may find communication with the one whom the communicant believes is the Divine. The use of "yourself" was by way of the normal meaning not any spiritual connotation. Her message is at one with the teachings of your "master".
You do realize that in Apu's insecure quest to publicly elevate himself above others, he will never agree with that. He can't. Or he wouldnt be superior (not that he is - but he likes to think he is).

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#73895 May 30, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Is this how you practice loving kindness?
I just finished drawing your sketch and it is something to look at!

I've painted your half-bald head blue, your lips red, your eyes green and your tights black.

I am relieved now that I have released all my pent up anger towards you.

Chill, my adorable Papa.

(smiles)

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73897 May 30, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

The notion of a soul was not originally developed by Jews, it was developed by the Greeks.
"The Ancient Greeks used the same word for 'alive' as for 'ensouled', indicating that the earliest surviving western philosophical view believed that the soul was that which gave the body life. The soul was considered the incorporeal or spiritual 'breath' which animates the living organism."

- wiki

Wrong.

Now if soul is the animating part of being then it's easy see the fallacy that mind due to its innate intelligent properties should be superior to the animating aspect of being.

Animation does not give us thought, inspiration, aspiration, intuition, will, self-organization, self-transcendence or supramental insight.

The animation part is like the fuel/electricity in a machine which keeps the machine running while the machine's design, assembly and operational processes are created and controlled by an intelligent agency like a human operator, a hardware engineer or a software expert.

The force that breathes life into the body is the life-force (a certain frequency of vibration of the consciousness-energy field) and part of it enters the body to animate it while its cosmic equivalent is a much wider movement that animates the whole universe.

The Greeks had a mere intellectual definition of this so-called soul; they knew nothing about this entity through direct mystical experience.

Soul stands behind the mind, life-force and body and soul is a delegation of the self that is far superior in information content/potency to its self-delegation which is the soul whose station in the body is in the deepest recess of the heart center while the self being too powerful to be accommodated in the feeble human body is thus stationed in the superior force fields above the head.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73898 May 30, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

God caused it.
Dunce.

Location hidden

#73899 May 30, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Dunce.
Dont piss off the big one. Remember what happened last time>?

Location hidden

#73900 May 30, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
I just finished drawing your sketch and it is something to look at!
I've painted your half-bald head blue, your lips red, your eyes green and your tights black.
I am relieved now that I have released all my pent up anger towards you.
Chill, my adorable Papa.
(smiles)
Too much information

Location hidden

#73901 May 30, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Ancient Greeks used the same word for 'alive' as for 'ensouled', indicating that the earliest surviving western philosophical view believed that the soul was that which gave the body life. The soul was considered the incorporeal or spiritual 'breath' which animates the living organism."
- wiki
Wrong.
Now if soul is the animating part of being then it's easy see the fallacy that mind due to its innate intelligent properties should be superior to the animating aspect of being.
Animation does not give us thought, inspiration, aspiration, intuition, will, self-organization, self-transcendence or supramental insight.
The animation part is like the fuel/electricity in a machine which keeps the machine running while the machine's design, assembly and operational processes are created and controlled by an intelligent agency like a human operator, a hardware engineer or a software expert.
The force that breathes life into the body is the life-force (a certain frequency of vibration of the consciousness-energy field) and part of it enters the body to animate it while its cosmic equivalent is a much wider movement that animates the whole universe.
The Greeks had a mere intellectual definition of this so-called soul; they knew nothing about this entity through direct mystical experience.
Soul stands behind the mind, life-force and body and soul is a delegation of the self that is far superior in information content/potency to its self-delegation which is the soul whose station in the body is in the deepest recess of the heart center while the self being too powerful to be accommodated in the feeble human body is thus stationed in the superior force fields above the head.
making progress

now you are addressing your critique towards the Greeks, as you should

Myself, I am just happy when someone doesnt botch the tzatziki....

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73902 May 30, 2014
Go away.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73903 May 30, 2014
Shameless man.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73904 May 30, 2014
The Hebrews and Greeks of ancient times had this extremely flawed idea of soul which they naively equated with the animating part of being - the life force. LOL.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73905 May 30, 2014
THE AWAKENING OF MY PSYCHIC, DYNAMIC DESCENT OF THE MAHA SHAKTI & AWAKENING OF THE KUNDALINI

1) A few years ago, I experienced the awakening of the psychic (soul) and it manifested many of its attendant signs in me like ecstasy, feeling of deep aspiration for uniting with self, tears of delight, horripilations, deep compassion, an intimate connectedness with mind, life force and matter, widening of consciousness, nonlocal experience and so on.

2) This first experience of the awakening of the psychic and its coming to the forefront to dominate and to psychichize the triple lower planes of being which are mind, lie-force and body paved the way for the partial dynamic descent into my nervous system (beginning with the pineal) of the Maha Shakti (Supreme Energy of Consciousness manifesting through the higher Mind Planes) from the superior planes above the head.

3) The Maha Shakti manifests as a dual current - one stations itself above the head and is connected with the superior mind planes, while the inferior aspect of the Maha Shakti stations itself in the force center at the root of the spine. Now, after the awakening of the psychic that was followed by the dynamic descent into my nervous system of the higher aspect of the Maha Shakti positioned above the head through the loosened suture of the upper portion of the skull, the inferior aspect of the Maha Shakti (called the Kundalini) began awakening sending into my spinal nerves reaching the neck region sharp electric-like impulses which felt like ants crawling. The tingling currents would enter my right thumb and right index finger and begin a circular movement there - a case of making of the circuit with the current moving from the right index finger outside the body and then re-entering the body through the right thumb. on death, this circuit breaks. However, till today, the dual aspects of the Maha Shakti - descending and ascending - have merged only partially in my being.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73906 May 30, 2014
MEANING OF THE WORD MAYA

1) MAYA is a Sanskrit word meaning "wisdom" in ancient times but over the millennia it also came to be associated with "illusive intelligence" that mistakes the unreal for the real.

2) The cosmic spatiotemporal factors of mental space, vital space and gross physical space together with subconscious impulses being unregenerate and narrowed and possessing none of the heightened perceptual qualities of the subtler aspects of the cosmic consciousness with its innate energy veil the underlying reality and so the observer takes the evanescent appearances for the eternal reality.

3) The great 9th century nondual mystic-philosopher, Adi Shankara, said that Maya is a mixture of existence and of non-existence. He said Maya is existence since it is a manifestation of the source of the cosmos. The space, time and causation, or the desh, kaal and nimith, of the cosmos, he said, exists otherwise the cosmos would not be present in a tangible form like say a table. But, being unstable and compounded, he averred, the external form would not endure and would fall apart under the action of interactive forces leading to its disintegration into its elemental form and so in this sense by a higher psychological generalization Maya is naam-roop or name-form that is evanescent and is simply an appearance that the manifested reality takes on much like clothes on the body that we wear and discard after a time. OTOH, he said that Maya is non-existence since its names and forms being compounded aspects of space, time and causation would not endure permanently nor reveal the nature of the ultimate source. He concluded by stating that Maya cannot be got rid off since it is a manifestation of the source of the cosmos but that through yogic discipline the yogi can conquer the illusion created by Maya and see the real behind all the appearances. The symbol of the conquest of the cosmic illusion generated by Maya is a yogi seated in waking trance on a tiger's skin.

4) The planes commencing from the Higher Mind are free of the Mayic illusion.
Eric

Woodridge, IL

#73907 May 30, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that in Apu's insecure quest to publicly elevate himself above others, he will never agree with that. He can't. Or he wouldnt be superior (not that he is - but he likes to think he is).
Oh, I know that. He likes to play one upsmanship. This time, however, his "master" is in accord with Ms. Angelou.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73908 May 30, 2014
ADI SHANKARA is supposed to be a powerful incarnation of Shiva, the Overmental typal being connected with cosmic dissolution, cosmic rhythm, physical immortality, overmental invincibility, 8 supreme occult powers and universal beneficence.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73909 May 30, 2014
CERN has installed a tall bronze of a Dancing Shiva encircled by a brilliant flame of light (symbolizing the continuous cosmic cycle of particle-antiparticle creation and annihilation) on its Geneva campus with a note from Fritjof Capra's The Tao of Physics on the meaning of the Dancing Shiva. The plaque also quotes from the writings of the Sri Lankan, Ananda Coomaraswamy - the famed doyen of ancient cultures. Of course, Shiva is not just a gross physical mechanism but is a process of the cosmic consciousness-force extending all the way from the overmental planes down to the plane of gross matter.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#73910 May 30, 2014
HIERARCHY

The quadruple Supramental Planes (13th to 16th planes) exceed the Overmental Planes (9th to 12th planes) and the Bliss Planes (17th to 21st planes) exceed the Supramental Planes. The Self is stationed, say the advanced yogis, on the 21st cosmic plane. Beyond the Bliss Planes lie the Supracosmic Planes leading directly to the Supreme Field of Information with its innate Consciousness-Energy.

Location hidden

#73911 May 30, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
The Hebrews and Greeks of ancient times had this extremely flawed idea of soul which they naively equated with the animating part of being - the life force. LOL.
Dunce, the ancient Hebrews came before the Greeks. The word soul came from the Greeks.

Let it go...like the wind (ruach..)

Location hidden

#73912 May 30, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, I know that. He likes to play one upsmanship. This time, however, his "master" is in accord with Ms. Angelou.
He will never admit that, because he has too much invested in his identity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) 21 hr Richies Cool Man ... 8,765
News WNMU to continue recruiting DACA students despi... 23 hr Susanna 7
News Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Jun 26 Tony 625
News Pearson accepts county manager post Jun 25 tax payer 1
News Turner tosses hat in ring for Sheriff (Mar '10) Jun 23 Someone 39
News Search for missing Las Cruces woman marks one year Jun 21 Mel 1
Muslim Refugee Arrested In Luna County /gas pip... Jun 17 Hotel California 1

Hurley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hurley Mortgages