Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 3,285)

Showing posts 65,681 - 65,700 of68,347
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
No dear, I do NOT take that thing.
Where have you been, Sweetie?

I hope you are not still falling down.

Please keep yourself upright, if you know what I mean.

;)
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty face yes. Sexy legs no.
Has your wife been enjoying too many helpings of West Indian Home Fries/hash browns?

They were quite tasty as I recall. The home fries, that is.
Eric

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Sammy wrote:
PLEASE PETITION YOUR UTILITY COMPANY TO STOP USING KENTUCKY COAL!!!. Coal companies in my area are destroying our land and rivers and water supplies. Coal companies here will not hire talented, experienced people who know what theyre doing. they only hire people with influence and relatives. They will not hire you if you're poor or how much know you no matter how smart or experienced you are!. This is the problem we are having, tell your Utility company to switch to Natural gas, it's cheaper and cleaner too!.
And, where will the displaced people in the coal industry work?
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Frijoles wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that both Apu and Hughbe disappeared at the same time?
I was thinking they had gone on one of those gay cruises that you read about.

I can see them pool-side, applying lotion to one another.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I was thinking they had gone on one of those gay cruises that you read about.
I can see them pool-side, applying lotion to one another.
LOL !

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>And, where will the displaced people in the coal industry work?
Maybe they can help put the mountain tops back together.

I have nothing against shutting down Big Coal. But one has to be honest about the alternatives. In my home state, which has no shale and therefore no potential for fracking or any other type of natural gas extraction, there is a bill in the legislature at the moment to ban transport of fracking waste over our state lines. Apparently there is so much liquid waste generated, of undisclosed composition, that the producers are dumping it in the neighboring states...
Eric

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I have nothing against shutting down Big Coal. But one has to be honest about the alternatives. In my home state, which has no shale and therefore no potential for fracking or any other type of natural gas extraction, there is a bill in the legislature at the moment to ban transport of fracking waste over our state lines. Apparently there is so much liquid waste generated, of undisclosed composition, that the producers are dumping it in the neighboring states...
In IL much of electric generation comes from coal, and there are coal mines (both active and inactive) throughout the state. State is dedicating substantial funds to study ways to clean up the industry rather than shutting it down.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>In IL much of electric generation comes from coal, and there are coal mines (both active and inactive) throughout the state. State is dedicating substantial funds to study ways to clean up the industry rather than shutting it down.
CT is mainly nuclear, with some coal generated power. Natural gas is popular for residential heating uses (along with oil which is being slowly phased out). At some point the power generation will switch over to natural gas as well. But we are dependent on the outside region for everything other than nuclear.
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
We should be glad there's no fracking here. It's a complete mess. The groundwater, the flames coming out of faucet, the showers that burn your skin, rashes and all the trucks. People in PA have it pretty bad in certain areas.

And god help them if they contaminate that water that comes from the Catskills and provides most of the drinking water for New York City.

Even some "greenies" are starting to reconsider nuclear power. It's the only good answer to climate change right now that I can see...though Japan is going another way now. And maybe France too? And Germany I think.

Is there such a thing as "clean coal" or is that BS? An oxymoron.
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
CT is mainly nuclear, with some coal generated power. Natural gas is popular for residential heating uses (along with oil which is being slowly phased out). At some point the power generation will switch over to natural gas as well. But we are dependent on the outside region for everything other than nuclear.
I just called Yankee Gas Co this morning.

Still no plans for gas lines in my neighborhood.

Though they have it in our town.

I know the Gov is pushing it in the state. Can't wait!
Eric

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You see much of that in IL. When I was much younger we spent the morning at a nuclear power plant about 30 minutes away, and then spent the afternoon searching for fossils in the coal spoil piles that were within the shadows of the plant. Now nuclear is on the way out in IL. One plant on the shores of Lake Michigan has been mothballed. All of the over run power plants that are only used in summer for brown out protection are natural gas.
Eric

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

former res wrote:
<quoted text>

This is what IL is doing: www.crc.siu.edu
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>This is what IL is doing: www.crc.siu.edu
They're definitely working on it and I know there have been strides in carbon recapture, the Sierra Club and Greenpeace notwithstanding.

We can't reject everything, even nuclear.

Wind and solar and hamsters just aren't going to do it for us right now.

(And I wonder how much of that fracked gas and oil CT uses??)

I just spoke again to the Yankee Gas rep and she said my town is only 10% served by gas lines. So in other words, go ahead and buy another's year supply of oil, let's see 800 gallons X 3.69 or 3.89 don't know yet! oy!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
They're definitely working on it and I know there have been strides in carbon recapture, the Sierra Club and Greenpeace notwithstanding.
We can't reject everything, even nuclear.
Wind and solar and hamsters just aren't going to do it for us right now.
(And I wonder how much of that fracked gas and oil CT uses??)
I just spoke again to the Yankee Gas rep and she said my town is only 10% served by gas lines. So in other words, go ahead and buy another's year supply of oil, let's see 800 gallons X 3.69 or 3.89 don't know yet! oy!!!!
hamsters?

Dont forget hydroelectric.

The natural gas CT uses is probably 100% fracked. The other states are trying to externalize the environmental costs - CT is saying no - not our problem.

Solar actually has more potential here than you would think. I wouldnt hold your breath on Malloys natural gas extension - he might not get reelected and I am not sure how institutionalized his initiaves are.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
We should be glad there's no fracking here. It's a complete mess. The groundwater, the flames coming out of faucet, the showers that burn your skin, rashes and all the trucks. People in PA have it pretty bad in certain areas.
And god help them if they contaminate that water that comes from the Catskills and provides most of the drinking water for New York City.
Even some "greenies" are starting to reconsider nuclear power. It's the only good answer to climate change right now that I can see...though Japan is going another way now. And maybe France too? And Germany I think.
Thorium is the future of nuclear power. This is where more money and research should be going...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thorium-based_nu...
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
hamsters?
Dont forget hydroelectric.
The natural gas CT uses is probably 100% fracked. The other states are trying to externalize the environmental costs - CT is saying no - not our problem.
We just want the energy from it.

Send the waste to Jersey.
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Solar actually has more potential here than you would think. I wouldnt hold your breath on Malloys natural gas extension - he might not get reelected and I am not sure how institutionalized his initiaves are.
Not holding my breath or hanging by my thumbs.

Getting ready to cough up another $3 grand to stay warm next winter.
former res

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Thorium is the future of nuclear power. This is where more money and research should be going...
Interesting.

The benefits are many.

And something Harry Reid and Orin Hatch agree on.

Looks promising.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Isnt that what they give to mental patients? Or is that thorazine?(where is Joel when we need him)

When I was in grad school we used to make fun of the nuclear studies students. Saw it as a dying profession. Now they are probably laughing at us.
Eric

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, don't start talking about Thorium. There are parts of Chicago and the suburbs that glow because of the disposal of thorium from the manufacture of glass mantles. That includes the Gold Coast http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2014-04-17...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
We just want the energy from it.
Send the waste to Jersey.
absolutely. Dan on NPR yesterday flatly said once a product has come to the market its not the moral responsibility of the buyers to voluntarily assume extra "costs" (i.e. provide for waste disposal). Its the responsibility of the seller via the free market pricing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 65,681 - 65,700 of68,347
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hurley Discussions

Search the Hurley Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
To ban or not to ban - the future of plastic ba... 7 hr Duh 4
Wi-Power high-speed Internet, Digital phone ser... (Jun '10) Sat Viet Nam 54
Say it in six words (Jul '08) Jul 18 Forum 8,435
Review: Billy The KID Produce Jul 18 Lee Olson 1
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Jul 13 troll 23
Review: 180 Trade And Pawn Jul 13 mar bear 2
Chief Deputy Allen Carter resigns post (Nov '11) Jul 10 Lone Ranger 14
•••
•••