Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,697
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Read more

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

#70133 Mar 25, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
With or without inferences, it can be easily shown that the Hebrew Bible is flawed based as it is on a borrowed Babylonian dualism that as known is pure BS and that Moses is not fit to sit at the feet of Jesus. LOL.
rabbee: well every flawed person, can mentally prove that everything else that is not flawed their way is flawed.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#70134 Mar 25, 2014
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: do yourself a favor, and do a google search on Torah Scroll. and save us both, from your ignorance on this matter. then if you have learned at least the basics, we can talk about it.
and one of the first documents, donated to the library of congress was a Torah Scroll.
I asked you a question you should be capable of answering if you in fact have a Torah scroll.

Is it the Masoretic text or not?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70135 Mar 25, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
excellent post
Thanks.

The better the post, the less likely he will respond to it.

His normal pattern is willful ignorance.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#70136 Mar 25, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
And we Americans shouldn't get a free pass either because we took over this land from the Indians.
I may have lost track of who is who in the comparison.
Absolutely. So the question is, where do we draw the line in "righting" the historical injustices?

And which injustices are we morally obligated to address? Many a American or European activist has campaigned for a cause on a foreign land while totally ignoring the irony of their own situation.

Location hidden

#70137 Mar 25, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't this all go back to the British drawing all these artificial lines in the desert?
You say the Arabs "were given 78%?" By whom? Who owned it before they did?
I thought it was all Arab land. Isn't that the point? The Jews were nomads and had no land of their own?
It wasnt Arab land. It was Ottoman Empire (Turks), and before that Caliphate, and before that Byzantine, and before that Roman, and before that Jewish, and before that Babylonian etc etc etc

There has always been a continuous Jewish presence from the latter Biblical times (Solomon's Temple, etc etc). Population went up and down along the ages.

The early Zionists (1880-1940s) actually purchased the land from the Ottoman Empire legally . It wasnt until after 1948 that land was appropriated more forcibly.

The Palestinians, in many cases are descendants of workers from other reaches of the Ottoman Empire, imported to work the land (sound familiar?). Yasir Arafat was of Egyption descent.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#70138 Mar 25, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't this all go back to the British drawing all these artificial lines in the desert?
I thought it was all Arab land. Isn't that the point? The Jews were nomads and had no land of their own?
The Brits defeated the Ottoman empire which had no lines. The land was not owned by Arabs but the Ottomans who called it miri land. The Arabs are the nomads. The Jews had lived in the land of Israel for 3,000 years. Archaeology turns up nothing but Jewish artifacts not Arab.

The Brits created the states of Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and Iraq for Arabs. Something the Arabs never had,. The land West of the Jordan was reasegv ed for Jews as a multi ethnic state.

Jews currently own about 90% of the land West of the Jordan and Arabs own about 10%.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70139 Mar 25, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
If we ever meet, we'll hit it off very well.
I like your humor.
Do come to Mumbai, I'll take you to the best places here. You'll enjoy the experiences of seeing first hand the high life in Mumbai. It's really something.
Thank you.

It would be a very exotic trip for sure.

Has Mumbai been fairly safe since the November 2008 attacks?

That was very bad. 164 killed. Over 300 wounded. It was Pakistan behind it.

Was anyone you know hurt or killed? Did you hear or see any of it?

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#70140 Mar 25, 2014
RED INDIANS ARE FOREIGNERS IN NORTH AMERICA

The Red Indians who settled in North America millennia ago crossed over from Eurasia via the Isthmus of the Bering Sea. So, by this yardstick, the Red Indians are foreigners in North America. By a quirk of fate, the Red Indians were 250 years or so ago replaced by European settlers. Since the past 1/1.5 centuries, a large number of Africans were brought over into North America and since the past few decades crowds of Asians and Hispanics are settling down in North America and going by the tide of emigrants it's apparent that North Americans of European ancestry may well be outnumbered by non-Europeans in time to come. LOL.

Location hidden

#70141 Mar 25, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
The muslims conquered the region from the Byzantines in the 7th century. Relative late comers to the region.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_conquest_...

Well before that, there were at least two periods of Jewish control - supported by archaeology. The period of the exodus (nomadic period), on the other hand, well before that, has scant archaeological evidence.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70142 Mar 25, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
In many ways, the high life in Mumbai exceeds the high life in NY, London or Singapore. In the elite places in Mumbai, money is spent like water, the happening places are fabulous, the houses are among the very best (top 1%) in the world in terms of opulence, style, price and amenities and the hip crowd is jet-setting, global, cool, trendy, handsome, poised and highly educated.
Do you see where a post like this might make you appear materialistic, superficial, supercilious?

Do you think on his deathbed, that anyone ever said "I only wish I had a more opulent house?" "More expensive clothes/"

More likely "I wish I had a better relationship with my son, brother, wife.........." or "I wish I had spend more time helping others..." "I wish I were kinder to others...."

What do you think?

Denver, CO

#70143 Mar 25, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Was that a no?
I've read 58% of Crimeans consider themselves Russian and are very happy to be annexed.
<quoted text>
I always say that about those who don't agree with me!
I don't know much about any of this.
/67 borders with land swaps sounds good -
rabbee: well i think it was a good thing, that we did not agree with hitler that that 100% of the world was german. and should not of even agreed, that 100% of Czechoslovakia was german.

let's see here: russia, nato europe, and the united states, all agreed to protect the sovereignty of Ukraine if they gave up their nuclear weapons. so that russia could renege and sucker punch the Ukraine. while the united states, and nato stand around with their thumbs up their butts making fudge-sickles. trust us, we love you Ukraine???

so do you really want to know, what i think of any two or more state solution? but don't worry Yesrael, the honorable united states says: we'll protect your sovereignty in any two state solution just like we did the Ukraine. we'll fervently negotiate, while your being all slaughtered and driven into the sea. because you can trust the alleged as palestineans, and the united states to keep their word just like russia did.

Location hidden

#70144 Mar 25, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Thank you.

It would be a very exotic trip for sure.
No, exotic is not the correct word to describe the elite places in Mumbai.

The correct word would be "happening".

Oh, a guy like you who's young at heart will love the high octane pace, ebullience, style and opulence of the elite places in Mumbai.

Welcome, anytime.

Location hidden

#70145 Mar 25, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/what-is...

This article is an interesting analysis on the issue of Jewish/Biblical archaeology and modern politics. By the Smithsonian magazine, which is fairly objective.

Among other issues, it rightfully calls out the tendency of modern day Muslims to destroy and expunge archaeological history in order to fabricate the notion of perpetual ownership of the land as Arab/Muslim.

Location hidden

#70146 Mar 25, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
RED INDIANS ARE FOREIGNERS IN NORTH AMERICA
The Red Indians who settled in North America millennia ago crossed over from Eurasia via the Isthmus of the Bering Sea. So, by this yardstick, the Red Indians are foreigners in North America. By a quirk of fate, the Red Indians were 250 years or so ago replaced by European settlers. Since the past 1/1.5 centuries, a large number of Africans were brought over into North America and since the past few decades crowds of Asians and Hispanics are settling down in North America and going by the tide of emigrants it's apparent that North Americans of European ancestry may well be outnumbered by non-Europeans in time to come. LOL.
That is old theory.

The newer thinking is the native-Americans actually came up from the south. All the recent Paleo evidence since the 1990s supports this.

You need to update your material.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70147 Mar 25, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely. So the question is, where do we draw the line in "righting" the historical injustices?
And which injustices are we morally obligated to address? Many a American or European activist has campaigned for a cause on a foreign land while totally ignoring the irony of their own situation.
This is why Putin can't believe Obama has bxlls big enough to lecture him on imposing his will around the world.

His last comments on the US were right on.

He made several good points.

If we needed a warm water port, you know we'd have it by now and we never would have given it up in the first place.

Location hidden

#70148 Mar 25, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Has Mumbai been fairly safe since the November 2008 attacks?

That was very bad. 164 killed. Over 300 wounded. It was Pakistan behind it.

Was anyone you know hurt or killed? Did you hear or see any of it?
No, no.

The 2008 attack on the Taj, Trident, Chabad House and other places was a terror attack co-ordinated by international intel agencies including the Indian RAW and Paki ISI and Mumbai underworld. Key Indian politicians abetted the heinous crime.

Unofficially, more than 1500 were killed.

I was saddened at the loss of lives and cried to see the Hotel Taj Mahal Palace and Tower in shambles with fire, smoke and dead bodies everywhere.

I am emotionally attached to the swanky Taj being a client there since infanthood.

Yes, a friend's mother died in the attack in the Crystal Room in the Taj where she had gone to attend a soiree.

Through the yogic sense, I could see many things that're not visible to the ordinary sight....

Location hidden

#70149 Mar 25, 2014
RED INDIANS

"Great Surprise"óNative Americans Have West Eurasian Origins"

Oldest human genome reveals less of an East Asian ancestry than thought...

Nearly one-third of Native American genes come from west Eurasian people linked to the Middle East and Europe, rather than entirely from East Asians as previously thought, according to a newly sequenced genome.

By Brian Handwerk

National Geographic

Published November 20, 2013
former res

Cheshire, CT

#70150 Mar 25, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The muslims conquered the region from the Byzantines in the 7th century. Relative late comers to the region.
Well before that, there were at least two periods of Jewish control - supported by archaeology. The period of the exodus (nomadic period), on the other hand, well before that, has scant archaeological evidence.
Well then why the hell did the Jews not have a country until 1948?

Was it like musical chairs?

Denver, CO

#70151 Mar 25, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well mark twain said it was a very empty barren land, with a few jews and even fewer arabs and most of them bedouin nomads.

but at least there has always been a sizeable ruminant, jewish presence there even during the dispersions and enslavements.

and history indicates, there was a muslim influx land grab after the belfour declaration. even though the agreement between king theisel, and Brittan gave all the west bank to the jews. but the muslims are as good a keeping their promise, as russia, the united states, and nato europe is with the Ukraine.

Location hidden

#70153 Mar 25, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Do you see where a post like this might make you appear materialistic, superficial, supercilious?
This is my natural style since I am exposed to a very luxurious life since birth and have seen the best aspects of the material world.

Everyone like me in the elite places of South Mumbai where I live talks the same.

We can't connect to middle class sentiments, mores or aspirations.

This is why we rarely talk to middle class people and stick to our own kind.

It's only online, like say on this forum, that I talk a great deal with middle class persons, otherwise in Mumbai, I am very reserved and stay put with my own type of crowd.

This is the way it is.

Really, it doesn't usually work out mixing 2 divergent social groups of people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) Mar 23 Spider 8,657
News Deming Police: Graffiti issue no longer on the ... (Apr '08) Mar 21 spray paint rus 3
which sponsor pulled out of 2015 tour of gila ? Mar 19 A Volunteer 2
News Body of missing Deming man found in Hidalgo County Mar 2 Linda 2
Water upgrade Feb 25 Enchanting New Me... 1
News Grant County residents get a whiff of rotten eggs (Jun '14) Jun '14 Zeke the Geek 1
News GSFWC meeting 071613, final part (Jul '13) Jul '13 good job 1
Hurley Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hurley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]