Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 72097 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#69791 Mar 19, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
What's perplexing to me as that you all spend so much time thinking about your natural good looks and your fine wardrobe only to have others actually LOOK at you when you go out. This is outrageous!.
What subpopulation of people does that bring to mind?

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#69792 Mar 19, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Though I had a RE license, I have never worked as RE agent, or done any other sales work in my life.(Other than selling magazine scripts and xmas wreaths as a kid.)

I was a RE investor/landlord/flipper.
I am not impressed with your educational credentials, level of intelligence, style, tendency to drag everything down to your ordinary level and menial professions (nursing and RE).

Anyway, chill.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#69793 Mar 19, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

Did I not earlier today leave you a positive post.

Approving highly of your own post, where I said to keep up the good work.
An immature old man like you tends to get carried by praise and is easily wounded by criticism.

I usually tend to take praise and criticism with equanimity.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#69794 Mar 19, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>

You have attacked me for no reason..

I will lick my wounds and put you on the back burner for a time....
You're as stupid, as immature and as crude as COR and a few others here which is why you have black lists of those who give you a hard kick but tend to be friendly with those who suck up to you.

I welcome praise and criticism with an equal eye as far as possible and never stoop to the low level of ignoring critics nor am I stupid to tell others to blacklist so and so poster who is opposed to me.

OK, now enter your kennel to lick your wounds with your partner.

(smiles)

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#69795 Mar 19, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

That makes sense since every male Indian from Mumbai I know is likely gay.
So, how's your live-in husband? LOL.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#69796 Mar 19, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

See? You need to listen to FR more often
I am thinking of going back to studying more of higher Math. My friend, too, recommended it since everyone knows that I am at my best when I am deep into the subject. Let's see if the ex-scientist is available/willing to take me deeper into the subject. The last time I dropped out after a great start and he was disappointed. Let's see.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#69797 Mar 19, 2014
I am going to finish reading the book on the Kashmir insurgency. It's pretty interesting and traces the roots of the problem in the troubled border state of Kashmir.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#69798 Mar 19, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
What subpopulation of people does that bring to mind?
Male human peacocks, aka gays!

"Hi fellas!!!!"
former res

Cheshire, CT

#69799 Mar 19, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not impressed with your educational credentials, level of intelligence, style, tendency to drag everything down to your ordinary level and menial professions (nursing and RE).
Anyway, chill.
I want to know what the commoners over there smell like.

Curry? Sweat? Cheap cologne? Urine? Desperation? Envy?
former res

Cheshire, CT

#69800 Mar 19, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
An immature old man like you tends to get carried by praise and is easily wounded by criticism.
I usually tend to take praise and criticism with equanimity.
But I'm guessing what you get the most of is indifference.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#69801 Mar 19, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
You're as stupid, as immature and as crude as COR and a few others here which is why you have black lists of those who give you a hard kick but tend to be friendly with those who suck up to you.
I welcome praise and criticism with an equal eye as far as possible and never stoop to the low level of ignoring critics nor am I stupid to tell others to blacklist so and so poster who is opposed to me.
OK, now enter your kennel to lick your wounds with your partner.
(smiles)
........and I see you are unable to comprehend sarcasm along with so many other concepts.........you rarely disappoint me with your new levels of cluelessness........keep up the good work.......I can't wait for the next one!

.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#69802 Mar 19, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
I am thinking of going back to studying more of higher Math. My friend, too, recommended it since everyone knows that I am at my best when I am deep into the subject. Let's see if the ex-scientist is available/willing to take me deeper into the subject. The last time I dropped out after a great start and he was disappointed. Let's see.
Yes, whenever someone I know is feeling isolated, lonely, anxious, ill at ease, awkward and disconnected, I always recommend they study more math.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#69803 Mar 19, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
I welcome praise and criticism with an equal eye as far as possible [...]
Everytime someone points out the flaws and mistakes in your posts, you start to insult them, avoiding any confrontation.

I have yet to see when you're wrong you admit it.

You praise yourself for quality you scarcely possess.

The way you describe yourself and the way you appear here is irreconcilable.

yehoshooah adam

“Here again in The Torah”

Since: Nov 13

Denver Colorado 80218

#69804 Mar 19, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
So, of what substance is this ruach made up of and how does it establish a causal connection with energy/matter?
rabbee: really hard to say what this plasma phasor is, since plasma phase can be defined as an in between state of energy and matter. can shift more toward the matter side, to only become slightly visible. but when it is excited by an external source, tends to glow in the uv range. so not everyone, is capable of observing this phenomena. there are not that many that can see, into the uv ranges.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#69805 Mar 19, 2014
This makes a lot of sense to me:

A Startlingly Simple Theory About the Missing Malaysia Airlines Jet

By Chris Goodfellow
03.18.14
6:30 AM

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2014/03/mh370-el...

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#69806 Mar 19, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, whenever someone I know is feeling isolated, lonely, anxious, ill at ease, awkward and disconnected, I always recommend they study more math.
Chuckle!

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#69807 Mar 19, 2014
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
........and I see you are unable to comprehend sarcasm along with so many other concepts.........you rarely disappoint me with your new levels of cluelessness........keep up the good work.......I can't wait for the next one!
.
I believe your previous comment about math WAS sarcasm

(in case anyone needs help discerning this)

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#69808 Mar 19, 2014
-Sprocket- wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for ur wisdom. I always thought god was a woman..
There are a lot of scriptures in the OT that identify God as a woman. Where the scriptures differentiate between male and female, they affirm the feminine. That's why God wouldn't tell her name when asked by Moses. If we had known the name of God, we would know she is a woman and God wanted the world to believe she is a man. If we had known the truth, Israel would've been weakened by it.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#69810 Mar 19, 2014
RABBEE: since plasma phase can be defined as an in between state of energy and matter.

JOEL: LOL.

So, this ruach is the electrically neutral plasma - the 4th state of matter?

In your view, life arose from plasma?

How is that possible?

If plasma gives rise to life then wouldn't it be possible to create life in the lab from plasma?

But all attempts to create life in the lab from scratch and to revive the dead using electrochemical means have failed.

Why even if you take a well formed/a well preserved brain and try to activate it using electrical/ionic inputs nothing happens despite all theories reducing sentience to electromagnetic or to electrochemical activity.

The Yogis say that energy itself is conscious and that this consciousness that inheres in energy expresses itself in greater and in still greater degrees as matter gets more and more organized. This mystical view is reasonable but it doesn't explain the process of how energy is conscious.

So, the question of sentience remains unsolved.

yehoshooah adam

“Here again in The Torah”

Since: Nov 13

Denver Colorado 80218

#69811 Mar 19, 2014
JOEL wrote:
RABBEE: since plasma phase can be defined as an in between state of energy and matter.
JOEL: LOL.
So, this ruach is the electrically neutral plasma - the 4th state of matter?
In your view, life arose from plasma?
How is that possible?
If plasma gives rise to life then wouldn't it be possible to create life in the lab from plasma?
But all attempts to create life in the lab from scratch and to revive the dead using electrochemical means have failed.
Why even if you take a well formed/a well preserved brain and try to activate it using electrical/ionic inputs nothing happens despite all theories reducing sentience to electromagnetic or to electrochemical activity.
The Yogis say that energy itself is conscious and that this consciousness that inheres in energy expresses itself in greater and in still greater degrees as matter gets more and more organized. This mystical view is reasonable but it doesn't explain the process of how energy is conscious.
So, the question of sentience remains unsolved.
rabbee: no! because we are not both talking, about the same kind of plasma here. your talking about, a bubble energy plasma only. which does not have the correct, adherence properties to maintain it's shape for any length of time. the soup type of plasma, is totally different than an energy plasma. and energy plasma is energy, it is not at the balance state in between energy and matter and is not electrochemical or electromagnetic which the soup plasma has control over. just like the plasma in a black hole, is totally different than the plasma you are speaking of.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) 5 hr A lib that ends i... 12,482
News DA Francesca Estevez back in court for hearing Jun 16 Dontgiveafuc 5
Need a vet Jun 13 Cat lover 1
News Yes, Denny's is coming (Jun '16) Jun 10 Kenw 2
Silver City Tourist Experience Jun 10 Kenw 2
News Disbarred local attorney Ray Van Arnam was arre... (Nov '13) Jun 3 Laughing 29
does anybody have work trade on a farm? in exc... May 31 jane watson123 1

Hurley Jobs

Personal Finance

Hurley Mortgages