Messianic Jews say they are persecute...

Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

There are 71943 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel. In it, Newsday reports that:

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#62083 Nov 6, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
There it is. An example of you ranting against the orthodox.
"...Have you been instructed by your rabbis that it is acceptable to now call yourself an American?..."
idiot
Frijoles---An example of you ranting against the orthodox. "...Have you been instructed by your rabbis that it is acceptable to now call yourself an American?..."

HughBe--- Thank you for your "example" of my RANTING against your rabbis. It is a very good example and typical one. However, I was unaware that you were Orthodox. When did you change?

Explain the words that are AGAINST your masters. Is it incorrect to say that they RULE the lives of their disciples?

Tell me ALL of the RULES that you follow in respect of the Sabbath, as an Orthodox.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#62084 Nov 6, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting lesson from you as I now learn that ALL rabbis are orthodox. Are the rabbis the sum of all believers?
Understand, they speak crap and I repeat it. So they are the ones ranting against themselves. I simply repeat their crap.
Not all rabbis are orthodox - but the ones you ranting about are. Who sets halacha? Not the reform.

Stop throwing it back on me. I am not the one with the rants.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#62085 Nov 6, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats funny - I seem to recollect posting a definition of ethno-religious just yesterday.
Show some effort.
You save some time and tell me once more the things that YOU have in YOUR head when you speak of ETHNO. List the elements.

Thanks, dear.

Location hidden

#62086 Nov 6, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

4. I have never compared myself to rabbis in terms of compassion but I can say this I like people generally. I am moved by the suffering of others and may even cry. I like white people. I like Indians. I like Arabs. I like people. I wish for ALL mankind good health and a happy life. That includes rabbis.
But yet you actually believe that Gay people are sick and in need of treatment. When the rest of the world believes otherwise. Dont you realize how demeaning your attitudes are? You are not compassionate to humankind. You are compassionate to only those who meet your strict subjective standards.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#62087 Nov 6, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
not even the point I was making
HughBe--- The American born Frijoles believes otherwise. He challenged my point that they were like Jamaicans i.e. religious and not SECULAR.

Frijoles---not even the point I was making

HughBe--- You have a challenge focusing as that was the point that I was making. I was talking about being religious as opposed to being secular. So, I spoke about Jamaicans and then said that Americans were in my opinion like Jamaicans. I went on to talk about Egypt etc as examples of peoples who are religious more than secular.

Finally, I found it interesting that of all the RACES on the earth the least RELIGIOUS in my opinion based on guesswork would be the Jewish people and yet they are the ones who are called ethno-RELIGIOUS.

Memory tells me that approximately 50% of the Jewish people call themselves SECULAR and these are the people which are described as ethno-religious. Is it comedy hour?

What is clear to me is that the Jewish people are UNDENIABLY an ETHNIC group meaning RACE. The emphasis on GENEALOGY speaks for itself to the honest.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#62088 Nov 6, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Psychotherapy and depending on the severity of the disorder it is coupled with medication.
And just how is that supposed to change their genetically determined sexual orientation? Or is it just to teach them to be ashamed and hide who they are?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#62089 Nov 6, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all rabbis are orthodox - but the ones you ranting about are. Who sets halacha? Not the reform.
Stop throwing it back on me. I am not the one with the rants.
Noted. Thanks for your example.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#62091 Nov 6, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
But yet you actually believe that Gay people are sick and in need of treatment. When the rest of the world believes otherwise. Dont you realize how demeaning your attitudes are? You are not compassionate to humankind. You are compassionate to only those who meet your strict subjective standards.
HughBe---I have never compared myself to rabbis in terms of compassion but I can say this I like people generally. I am moved by the suffering of others and may even cry. I like white people. I like Indians. I like Arabs. I like people. I wish for ALL mankind good health and a happy life. That includes rabbis.

Frijoles---But yet you actually believe that Gay people are sick and in need of treatment.

HughBe--- Joel quoted some scientific source that basically said that their brains were wired a bit differently from the norm. This speaks to ABNORMALITY and a confirmation of my position.

It is compassion that would lead me or anyone else to take care of the sick.

Frijoles--- When the rest of the world believes otherwise. Dont you realize how demeaning your attitudes are? You are not compassionate to humankind. You are compassionate to only those who meet your strict subjective standards.

HughBe-- The masses have never known the truth, initially.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#62092 Nov 6, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
And just how is that supposed to change their genetically determined sexual orientation? Or is it just to teach them to be ashamed and hide who they are?
HughBe --Psychotherapy and depending on the severity of the disorder it is coupled with medication.

Liam---And just how is that supposed to change their genetically determined sexual orientation? Or is it just to teach them to be ashamed and hide who they are?

HughBe--- Give me the link that supports your claim that the disorder is genetically based. Is this position generally accepted in the scientific community?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#62093 Nov 6, 2013
Catch you later

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#62094 Nov 6, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you are incapable of of looking at this objectively, since your rant is tinged with emotional words like "barbaric" etc .
When your personality reverts back to Mr Hyde, give me a ring
Um, shouldn't that be "FROM Mr. Hyde"? After all, it was Dr. Jekyll that invented the serum that manifested Edward Hyde...

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#62095 Nov 6, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

JOEL - How do you reconcile these three - the teachings of the Tanach, the teachings of the NT and the discoveries of science?

HUGH - Be specific

JOEL - For instance -

Joel-- How do you reconcile the monolatry and the dualism of the Tanach with the mangod worship and the nondualism of the NT?

HughBe--- No need for reconciliation. Apply the concept.

"Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and THEY(more than one) shall be ONE flesh."
My understanding is that ancient sages knew that there were TWO Gods and if memory serves me well one was called the lesser Yahweh. Alas doctoring entered no doubt for self-serving reasons and the God of the Tanakh became formless and no longer two.

Joel--- How do you reconcile the fanaticism and mass murdering ways of say Moshe with Jesus' teachings of sectarian peace laced with threats, curses and abuses?

Hugh--- There is no need for reconciliation.

Joel--- How do you reconcile the creationism of the Tanach with the modern scientific theory of the Big Bang from a state of singularity?

HughBe--- As soon as science catches up to the bible it will learn that something is not produced from nothing. It will learn that a BIG BAG cannot result in lifeforms and the world around us. Tell them to use a computer software to show that a BIG Bang could have produced all that there is. The concept is nothing more than a big wind.

Joel---Why do you abstain from eating pork when there're no dietary restrictions in Christianity...

Hugh--- Was Jesus a Jew? Did He or His disciple teach people to eat pork? Are you like Seeker who believes that one can be a disciple or FOLLOWER of Jesus and do the things that He did not do? Seeker tell LIES almost as much as he eats food and yet he is a disciple of Jesus who never LIED.

Put it another way. If Christians worship the God of the Bible and sacrifices were still being done could they have offered a PIG to God? Are you saying that in the worship of God He would accept the dog, the pig, the donkey from Gentiles but not from Jews?
How could they eat it if the were worshipping God?

Joel--- Where your incessant tirades against the Rabbis are concerned..

HughBe--- Who appointed the rabbis to mentally ENSLAVE and to TREAT the Jewish people inhumanely?
What is this nonsense that you have typed, Mon?

Location hidden

#62096 Nov 6, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Hugh---

1. Rabbis do not =priests.

Some leading rabbis have been CONVERTS meaning non-Jews. I have read that. None of these can be priests based on the Tanakh.
Rabbis in the main are usurpers.
Kohanim are the priests who officiated over sacrifices but these days they're connected with aliyah or first reading of the Torah in beyt knessets or synagogues.

Rabbi has shades of meanings and has evolved over time. Roughly, it is a teacher of Torah.

Location hidden

#62097 Nov 6, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

2. The matter of intelligence and understanding is taken as a fact given my connection and grace received.

Intelligence and Hugh are oxymorons.

The second part of the word "oxymoron" which is "moron" suits you better.

Location hidden

#62098 Nov 6, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Righteousness in the Tanakh comes from doing ALL of the commandments.
Had you been just averagely intelligent you wouldn't call the teachings of the Tanakh "righteous" considering that it's chock full with every perversion that can be imagined all of which militate against basic decency and are opposed to the laws of being and becoming.

Have you ever wondered why most Jews are atheist, rationalist, secular humanist or have turned in large numbers to eastern mysticism? The reason is due to the mass of perversions and illogic found in the Tanakh that no sane, rational or compassionate person can ever condone or accept.

Location hidden

#62099 Nov 6, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

By free will, I mean the exact thing as is found in the dictionary and how it is used commonly.

It means VOLUNTARY and not INVOLUNTARY. So free will means a person can CHOOSE to do or not to do. Free to believe or not believe.

SLAVERY means no free will.
Will is not just a matter of making choices but is the doer and in its more potent states it is the mover and shaker of energy and consciousness.

Even in the ordinary state of consciousness, the will is the factor that controls or guides our muscles and thoughts and habits but in the ordinary state the will is dominated by the subconscious and is thus its slave.

The foundation of will that inheres in consciousness and energy is free and all powerful that can manipulate the ranges of energy and consciousness the way it wishes to.

This is the yogic condition or application of the will which ordinary people do not possess.

Will is rarely free in most human beings.

In most people, the will is free within extremely narrow limits and is conditioned by genes, subconscious responses and environmental influences.

The better one's genes and environmental impulses are then the subconscient is cleaner and more open to positive suggestions and with certain intense concentration practices if one gradually ascends the hierarchy of consciousness-energy as a living experience the freer and the more potent the inherent will becomes as its higher aspects steadily manifest.

Location hidden

#62100 Nov 6, 2013
HUGH,

Can psychotherapy and hormone shots undo one's gene patterns and the concomitant brain wiring that in the embryonic stage determine sexual orientation?

I have not heard of single case of a 100 percent gay person set straight.

As I stated earlier, a bisexual person can be influenced by psychotherapy to curb his or her gay behavior since the potential of heterosexuality inheres in his bisexual nature and which he routinely employs in sexual relationships with members of the opposite gender but for a 100 percent gay person to begin manifesting sexual feelings for members of the opposite gender is impossible since the genetic potential for being sexually attracted to a member of the opposite gender simply does not exist in his or her genes and so the brain wiring in this context of a full blown gay is set.

Take Boy George for example. He is 100 percent gay. No amount of counseling, hypnosis or medication can influence him to turn heterosexual.

Better leave him to his natural instincts.

The important point to note is this - sexuality like say left handedness should be considered as inborn instincts and every effort should be made to make the person concerned feel welcome and comfortable with his or her nature unless the person indulges in criminal activities but then criminality and insanity are not the exclusive preserve of homosexuals or left-handed individuals.

Criminality and mental instability are neither gay nor heterosexual nor left handed nor right handed behavioral patterns. These adverse manifestations are products of genes and environment and can manifest wherever such perverse instincts exist.

Location hidden

#62101 Nov 6, 2013
HUGH IS AN OXYMORON:

OX - Hugh is as strong as an ox

(GA)Y - Hugh is gay

MORON - Hugh is a moron.

(smiles)

Location hidden

#62103 Nov 7, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Kohanim are the priests who officiated over sacrifices but these days they're connected with aliyah or first reading of the Torah in beyt knessets or synagogues.
Rabbi has shades of meanings and has evolved over time. Roughly, it is a teacher of Torah.
You're killing me.

Location hidden

#62104 Nov 7, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, shouldn't that be "FROM Mr. Hyde"? After all, it was Dr. Jekyll that invented the serum that manifested Edward Hyde...
yeah, it did occur to me after I typed this, that I might of screwed up the narrative. Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Wed Thumper 47
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) Jul 28 pop 8,699
Drug Infested Graffitti Neighborhoods Jul 27 Gloria 1
News Belen residents balk at websitea s slam on city Jul 27 Number One 1
News City officials set water ordinance Jul 25 Christopher Black... 6
News All ducks are in a row for start of 36th annual... Jul 24 BS Caller 2
News Deming MainStreet hopes park visits increase Jul 22 just a thought 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hurley Mortgages