Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 70,573
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
former res

Cheshire, CT

#54953 Jun 14, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't it enough the word of an unbeliever to explain what Christianity and Trinity is??
You're welcome.

I can also tell you what pedophiles do for fun. Doesn't mean I partake.
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would an intelligent, sorry I meant very intelligent person quotes Wikipedia, a source where anyone can modify anything?
Try introducing some incorrect edits into a Wiki article and tell me how long your changes last.

My guess is the duration will be measured in minutes.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#54954 Jun 14, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it still considered a personal attack if it's true?
My understating is that truth is an absolute defense for defamation.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#54955 Jun 14, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
He IS a consistently obnoxious muddaf-er, isnt he?
The bitchiest man I've met in quite a while.

He may be on a reverse cycle: In a good mood once every 28 days.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#54956 Jun 14, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
What are the common interests of Mesa members?
The only qualification for membership is tested IQ level.
The exchange of highly intellectual ideas on projects/researches, works, lectures, social problems etc.
former res wrote:
<quoted text> Especially liked the Bernini sculptures. Very powerful works. They spoke to me.
Apparently your brain is not fully damaged as seems

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#54957 Jun 14, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome.
I can also tell you what pedophiles do for fun. Doesn't mean I partake.
The question I posed has nothing to do with this response.
former res wrote:
<quoted text> Try introducing some incorrect edits into a Wiki article and tell me how long your changes last.
My guess is the duration will be measured in minutes.
The duration of an incorrect edit lasts as long as how deep is the knowledge of the mass. It can be in minutes as well as in years.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#54958 Jun 14, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
What are the common interests of Mesa members?
The only qualification for membership is tested IQ level.
<quoted text>
http://www.us.mensa.org/AML/...

What are some of the tests accepted for admission into American Mensa?

We accept approximately 200 different test scores for Mensa membership. We do not accept tests of achievement, such as the Iowa Tests of Basic Skills and the California Tests of Basic Skills. Generally, we accept tests that measure aptitude or ability. Since this list is constantly changing as more tests are developed and reviewed, we do not have a complete list available. If your test is not listed, please contact Testing and Admissions.

----------

"We do not accept tests of achievement.."

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#54959 Jun 14, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
We accept approximately 200 different test scores for Mensa membership. We do not accept tests of achievement, such as the Iowa Tests of Basic Skills and the California Tests of Basic Skills. Generally, we accept tests that measure aptitude or ability. Since this list is constantly changing as more tests are developed and reviewed, we do not have a complete list available. If your test is not listed, please contact Testing and Admissions.
----------
Based on my GRE scores, looks like I qualify. However...

"...I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER" [Groucho Marx]

Location hidden

#54960 Jun 14, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
"...I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER" [Groucho Marx]
Huh. It didnt even occur to me to see if I qualified. Shows my interest in these types of things.

I appear to qualify on the basis of SAT. I have no clue what my GREs were.

I dont know anything about this group - but it appears it is for those with a lot of time on their hands. I would think most people who are engrossed in a profession would have enough social intellectual stimulation to deal with, without having to look for more. I have a hard time just keeping up with the Continuing Ed requirements of the several certifications I have.

Location hidden

#54961 Jun 14, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
I would add that getting 1250 on the SATs (in my years) is not that uncommon. I always thought of Mensa as being more elite.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#54962 Jun 14, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
The exchange of highly intellectual ideas on projects/researches, works, lectures, social problems etc.
What I've always heard about MENSA is that they're a bunch of egotistical nerds. Not a particularly social or interesting group of people. So while I am sure some what you say does go on, I'm not sure how much. I think most of them probably belong just so they can say so.

Speaking of which, my graduate school admissions test (Miller Analogies) qualified me to join. Same with my wife. We had no interest in joining.(I had no idea but a friend of mine pointed this out so I checked their website and our scores - just for fun.)
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently your brain is not fully damaged as seems
I'm gratified for your kind words.

Enjoyed also our full-day tour of the Vatican/Museum etc. I also like the way the way people there do not go out to dinner until 9 or 10 at night. Here it's more like 6:30 - 7:30 p.m.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#54963 Jun 14, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
The question I posed has nothing to do with this response.
Sure it does.

Why do I need to participate in a religion (or any other activity) in order to know what the central beliefs are??

I know what Republicans believe and but I'm not one.

I know the basic beliefs of Christians are but I'm agnostic.

Being raised Catholic no doubt helps a bit.

You though it ironic that a "nonbeliever" was correcting the record re Christianity.

Why?
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
The duration of an incorrect edit lasts as long as how deep is the knowledge of the mass. It can be in minutes as well as in years.
Knowledge does not initiate corrections to the online encyclopedia - vigilance does. An active group of volunteer contributors and editors.

Wikipedia is a useful tool full of useful information.

Any encyclopedia is only a secondary or tertiary source of information. An aggregator if you will.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#54964 Jun 14, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
That would make sense.

I would see intelligence more about aptitude than achievement.(The ability to learn not the learned material itself.)

I did misspeak. And I knew better because I knew they accepted the Miller Analogies test - the one I took to get into grad school.

A very odd test indeed.

And obviously they accept IQ tests.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#54965 Jun 14, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Congrats! and I agree!

The NRA sent me a membership card with a bill. I'm keeping the card so (like Michael Moore) I can call myself a card-carrying member but no way I'm sending them a dime.

They must have gotten my info from Cabela's, where I bought a few gun-related items.

Location hidden

#54966 Jun 14, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Congrats! and I agree!
The NRA sent me a membership card with a bill. I'm keeping the card so (like Michael Moore) I can call myself a card-carrying member but no way I'm sending them a dime.
They must have gotten my info from Cabela's, where I bought a few gun-related items.
The same guys that are overly paranoid about a gun registry are collecting data from third parties about who might own guns and might want to be members. Now that's irony.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#54967 Jun 14, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh. It didnt even occur to me to see if I qualified. Shows my interest in these types of things.
I appear to qualify on the basis of SAT. I have no clue what my GREs were.
I dont know anything about this group - but it appears it is for those with a lot of time on their hands. I would think most people who are engrossed in a profession would have enough social intellectual stimulation to deal with, without having to look for more. I have a hard time just keeping up with the Continuing Ed requirements of the several certifications I have.
Brilliant people like us just naturally flock together. This is what I was saying to our Mediterranean friend.(We don't need a club, we have Topix.)

But I agree. Joining a club just so you can all say you're smart doesn't mean much or say much.

Growing up in G'ch, I've hung around with enough smartasses to last me a lifetime.

Location hidden

#54968 Jun 14, 2013
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure it does.
Why do I need to participate in a religion (or any other activity) in order to know what the central beliefs are??
I know what Republicans believe and but I'm not one.
I know the basic beliefs of Christians are but I'm agnostic.
Being raised Catholic no doubt helps a bit.
You though it ironic that a "nonbeliever" was correcting the record re Christianity.
Why?
I dont get how he can argue on one hand that you as a nonpracticing or non Christian CAN NOT explain the Christian religion properly...and on the other hand how he, as a non-Jew CAN "explain" the Jewish religion.

Location hidden

#54969 Jun 14, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
The same guys that are overly paranoid about a gun registry are collecting data from third parties about who might own guns and might want to be members. Now that's irony.
And their most outspoken congressional leader/pawns are also the most outspoken IN DEFENSE of NSA tracking databases (which include ALL citizens).

Apparently databases are OK, as long as they say they are.

Location hidden

#54970 Jun 14, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
And their most outspoken congressional leader/pawns are also the most outspoken IN DEFENSE of NSA tracking databases (which include ALL citizens).
Apparently databases are OK, as long as they say they are.
It all becomes clear when you realize in the minds of conservatives, the second amendment is absolutely immutable, while all other amendments are merely "suggestions".

Location hidden

#54971 Jun 14, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont get how he can argue on one hand that you as a nonpracticing or non Christian CAN NOT explain the Christian religion properly...and on the other hand how he, as a non-Jew CAN "explain" the Jewish religion.
Argumentative just for the sake of being argumentative. I said it before, and I'll say it again - Obvious troll is obvious.
Voluntarist

United States

#54972 Jun 14, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you deny exhibiting many of the qualities I listed out of someone who suffers from paranoid personality disorder?
Not one on the list would describe me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Parade of Holiday Lights 12 hr celebrate 1
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) 18 hr savant 40
Say it in six words (Jul '08) Nov 18 wankamileforakitkat 8,576
Moving ro Deming NM Nov 16 Johny king 1
Demings "Dirty laundry" Nov 8 truth_b_told 1
County plans to clean up Deming (Sep '13) Nov 8 truth_b_told 7
Weed control urged by city officials Nov 8 truth_b_told 2
Hurley Dating
Find my Match

Hurley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hurley News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hurley

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:28 pm PST

NBC Sports12:28PM
Larry Fitzgerald officially questionable for Sunday
NFL 1:22 PM
Bobby Wagner (toe) to return to Seahawks' defense
ESPN 1:35 PM
Fitzgerald game-time decision for Cardinals
NBC Sports 3:26 PM
Bobby Wagner set to return for Seahawks - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 4:05 PM
Will Larry Fitzgerald be ready to go in Week 12?