City seeks director for Visitor Center

City seeks director for Visitor Center

There are 6 comments on the Deming Headlight story from May 12, 2013, titled City seeks director for Visitor Center. In it, Deming Headlight reports that:

Deming City Councilors will meet this evening to consider approval of a new director for the Deming Visitor Center as well as several proclamations for May.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Deming Headlight.

Question

Las Cruces, NM

#1 May 13, 2013
Why would the City have Main Street as a second choice? The main Street group have a lot of educated people who have the ability to work well with others and their goal is promote Deming. Why the need for two groups who will do the same thing?
Just me

Albuquerque, NM

#2 May 14, 2013
Mainstreet promotes just that...mainstreet... aka downtown Deming. The chamber promotes Deming and all of Luna County.
question

Las Cruces, NM

#3 May 15, 2013
Just me wrote:
Mainstreet promotes just that...mainstreet... aka downtown Deming. The chamber promotes Deming and all of Luna County.
The chamber is membership driven. If you join the Chamber and pay the dues they do promote your buisness and do a good job of that. There for, it does not promote all of Deming and Luna County as they are self promoting. The mainstreet group could expand their territory and branch out to include a visitor center. I know for a fact this group has more than the few buildings in the mainstreet area on their plans for the future of Deming. Why can't the visitor center and the Chamber be in the same building?
Chico

United States

#4 May 15, 2013
question wrote:
<quoted text>
The chamber is membership driven. If you join the Chamber and pay the dues they do promote your buisness and do a good job of that. There for, it does not promote all of Deming and Luna County as they are self promoting. The mainstreet group could expand their territory and branch out to include a visitor center. I know for a fact this group has more than the few buildings in the mainstreet area on their plans for the future of Deming. Why can't the visitor center and the Chamber be in the same building?
The Visitor Center and Chamber have long been in the same building.
chamber-visitor center

Las Cruces, NM

#5 May 17, 2013
Why do they need to approve of a person who has already been the office manager of the visitor center for five years? If the City wants to create a new job opening in Deming for those who are in need of a job they should just do it and get the extra office help they can afford.
Its better to have more people employed than unemployed.
Just me

Albuquerque, NM

#6 May 24, 2013
Ricky does like the skirts

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) 24 min Tony 624
News WNMU to continue recruiting DACA students despi... 22 hr SPAM 6
News Pearson accepts county manager post Sat tax payer 1
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) Jun 24 byebye 8,764
News Turner tosses hat in ring for Sheriff (Mar '10) Jun 23 Someone 39
News Search for missing Las Cruces woman marks one year Jun 21 Mel 1
Muslim Refugee Arrested In Luna County /gas pip... Jun 17 Hotel California 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hurley Mortgages