Ray retires

There are 1 comment on the Deming Headlight story from Apr 4, 2013, titled Ray retires. In it, Deming Headlight reports that:

A dapper Ray Trejo, 71, kept Deming and Luna County in fashion and in vogue for the past 56 years at Ray's United at South Gold Avenue.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Deming Headlight.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#1 Apr 4, 2013
Plus what the story didn't mention is that Ray was a micro-philanthroper of sorts. Mr. and Mrs. Trejo should be recognized as merchants who would let poor kids buy shoes and socks and neccesities at 5 or 10% of retail if Ray sensed they were needy. He didn't ask them about it; but he just somehow rightly knew there was an immediate need.

Ray met that need without regard to his bottom line, so I give his family a heart-felt SALUTE!

Take 'er easy, Ray and may you enjoy many years of well-deserved leisure time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drug Infested Graffitti Neighborhoods 21 hr Gloria 1
News Belen residents balk at websitea s slam on city Mon Number One 1
News City officials set water ordinance Jul 25 Christopher Black... 6
News All ducks are in a row for start of 36th annual... Jul 24 BS Caller 2
News Deming MainStreet hopes park visits increase Jul 22 just a thought 1
Luna County Sheriff and Deming Police Departmen... Jul 22 BS Caller 2
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Jul 22 dGo mneDad lyHo i... 71,943
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hurley Mortgages