Zamarripa funeral, burial set for Friday

Full story: Las Cruces Sun-News

No new court dates were scheduled Wednesday in the killings of a popular O-ate High School senior and a Mesilla Park grandfather mistakenly targeted in the wake of the teen's death.
Comments
1 - 20 of 21 Comments Last updated Apr 16, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tammy Lane Resident

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2011

Judged:

xxxx wrote:
talk about a plain inconsiderate jack a$$!!!!!!!!
That is probably the best you could do. A partial post behind an anonymous name.

At least you should have the balls to try to make a point, rather than just whining.

I bet you are such a treasure to your male lovers and those old grey parents who wonder where they went wrong...and Mom wished hundreds of time that an abortion should have been done.
just sayin

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2011

Judged:

David McClain wrote:
So Friday indeed is the official Jerry Zamarripa Day.
I know I can just stay home and watch the events on television. It's going to become a day of reflection, I can tell.
However, I'm curious indeed why Bishop Ramirez - a stalwart in the community and highly principled man - is helping make it a holiday. After all, Zamarripa was an intoxicated youth served alcohol illegally at an illegal function where he was involved in a poorly chosen 3 a.m. mano-mano incident.
I imagine Onate will employ an additional counselor to handle the parade of students and community members destined to later want "to talk about" this tragedy.
Maybe they can give some good solid advice to the followers of the aspiring thug golfer - who at 24 decided it would be neat to crash a high school party and then give self-defense demonstrations.
Andrew Garcia "Tuna" (Hispanic Trash) Martinez' family can always sell the tinted-window drug-dealer mobile to help offset his phone card and breath mint needs while incarcerated.
Congratulations "Tuna", you've advanced to a new level.
After a 2004 aggravated drunken driving, for which you served two days in jail; a 2008 drive-by shooting, for which you served six months in jail; and a 2009 battery on a household member, for which you received a suspended sentence and twice violated probation...you're now big time.
Congratulations Jerry for becoming the poster boy for being at the wrong place at 3 a.m., doing all the wrong and illegal things, responding in all the wrong ways and paying a hefty price to educate as many of your "brothers" who care to learn.
Please correct any errors I could have made in assigning blame. I want to move on too. However, first I must get past all the illegal activities Jerry did en route to martyrdom and "Tuna" did to enter the graduate school of the rotten dispicable.
I may never completely heal.
Well said. I too am puzzled as to why the bishop is officiating at this shindig...he is still recuperating I read...
Angel

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2011

Judged:

David McClain wrote:
I know I can just stay home and watch the events on television. It's going to become a day of reflection, I can tell.
However, I'm curious indeed why Bishop Ramirez - a stalwart in the community and highly principled man - is helping make it a holiday. After all, Zamarripa was an intoxicated youth served alcohol illegally at an illegal function where he was involved in a poorly chosen 3 a.m. mano-mano incident.
I imagine Onate will employ an additional counselor to handle the parade of students and community members destined to later want "to talk about" this tragedy.
Maybe they can give some good solid advice to the followers of the aspiring thug golfer - who at 24 decided it would be neat to crash a high school party and then give self-defense demonstrations.
Andrew Garcia "Tuna" (Hispanic Trash) Martinez' family can always sell the tinted-window drug-dealer mobile to help offset his phone card and breath mint needs while incarcerated.
After a 2004 aggravated drunken driving, for which you served two days in jail; a 2008 drive-by shooting, for which you served six months in jail; and a 2009 battery on a household member, for which you received a suspended sentence and twice violated probation...you're now big time.
Congratulations Jerry for becoming the poster boy for being at the wrong place at 3 a.m., doing all the wrong and illegal things, responding in all the wrong ways and paying a hefty price to educate as many of your "brothers" who care to learn.
Please correct any errors I could have made in assigning blame. I want to move on too. However, first I must get past all the illegal activities Jerry did en route to martyrdom and "Tuna" did to enter the graduate school of the rotten dispicable.
You know the truth is very hard for some o hear .I understand your trying to make a point there is a time and a place.I can tell you this everyone that was involved will go back and think about that night forever' Everyone makes mistakes sometimes those mistakes coast us our life now 2 men are dead one who had a long life ahead and one who lived a life of hard work and serviced his country the other will sit in prison for the rest of his.We are inperfect people it is not our job to pass judgement.It sounds like this case bothers you more than you would like the healing process takes a while so hang in there.
Las Cruces

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2011

Judged:

Love it!!!! Nice, i'm with you and completely agree!!! Yes!!!
David McClain wrote:
Pet Peeved

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2011

Judged:

David McClain wrote:
FYI, the funeral will NOT be televised. It will be sent only to the OŮate High School gym for those students who would like to participate, but cannot or do not want to drive into town to the crowded church. This is an option for the students and staff.

Holiday? HOLIDAY? Really? You think this is a holiday for the parents, family and friends? Your friends would probably think that about your funeral, perhaps?

As for the Bishop, he is officiating as he does for many funerals. He is feeling much better now, thanks. He is not 100%, but he is gracious enough to officiate a funeral!(You are obviously not catholic.) He does not just do this one funeral or this one mass, he is back working when he can!

My advice to you: Relax. Go see your doctor to get on some meds. Maybe some Xanax will help your negative view. But, don't argue points that aren't true. It makes you look even more like a fool.
Loser

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2011

Judged:

wtf wrote:
im tired of hearing about this guy. i would done the same if someone hit a female friend of mine.
There is a very simple solution to your problem..........don't read the articles or comments! And since you would have killed someone also as you clearly pointed out if someone hit your female friend, then you should join your friend Tuna behind bars.
marie

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2011

Judged:

i want to know what is going to happen to the people, where this party was taken place.
as a parent i feel that they are also responiable for this, they also need to be charge, this was a under age party, where were the home owners???
Pathetic

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2011

Judged:

Deri Chavez wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Macho Man.
I agree with everything David McClain said.
Since you think have you have such big balls...let's meet. You pick the place...and we'll see who has the better view after we "discuss" everything.
If you don't choose a location...then you are just blowing off another of your homies...and you don't have the stick to meet me.
Either way...you don't leave with the views as you came. I promise you. So suck it up big guy...and make your choice.
If you've got the guts, that is...you little pelo pķbico.
Talk about calling the kettle black!! It's kind of funny and pathetic at the same time. Here you are acting all brave (or as you put it "macho")calling someone out over a simple post/comment. You just publically reduced yourself to the same level as Tuna!! Are you related to him?
Albuquerque

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2011

Judged:

Deri Chavez,David Mcclain and that UGLY ASS idiot from NJ, you talk a lot of shit,but you don't your addreses.
Youlose

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2011

Judged:

wtf wrote:
im tired of hearing about this guy. i would done the same if someone hit a female friend of mine.
No you wouldnt and that is why you are behind a computer screen speaking your mind! You and your punk friends cant do anything to anyone unless you become in a pack of 12.
To the Haters

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2011

Judged:

Mr. Deri Chavez,
There was a time in my life when I would have gladly taken you up on that invitation but I'm older, wiser and I've out grown that mentality. The fact is I have a professional life now and I am the trend setter in my family, as now I set the example to my grand children and they look up to me.

Unfortunately I have experienced the agony of burying one of my own and I know what this family is going through. Sadly enough, the families of the offender are also going through their own turmoil. You condemn these young men for their actions and you comment on what thugs they are but yet you call me out not knowing who I am or what fate you might meet. What makes you any different than these guys? Where does it end tough guy?

You are obviously young and dumb and youíve got a lot to learn son. Iíve seen big, bad grown men cry like a baby when they had to bury one of their own. This is an event that you and Mr. McClain have obviously never had to experience and believe me, you donít want to. I wouldnít wish this on anybody not even you two low lives but remember this, KARMA has a way of coming back to your door step. Itís just a matter of time before it happens to you and when it does, I hope you remember every idiotic statement you and McClain made here today, with every tear you shed. Then you too will grow up.
SVP4842

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2011

Judged:

Hope those boys get what the deserve. Karma will come back it may not be right now but in time.
Now

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2011

Judged:

Deri Chavez wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Macho Man.
I agree with everything David McClain said.
Since you think have you have such big balls...let's meet. You pick the place...and we'll see who has the better view after we "discuss" everything.
If you don't choose a location...then you are just blowing off another of your homies...and you don't have the stick to meet me.
Either way...you don't leave with the views as you came. I promise you. So suck it up big guy...and make your choice.
If you've got the guts, that is...you little pelo pķbico.
I agree with Macho Man!

I'm surprised you even know how to use a computer. I mean you probably don't even comprehend half of what your buddy wrote. The other dude hit it on the money...I actually thought about taking you up on that beating...but it's time to put this trajedy behind and hope that parents and children both can learn from this. I know I have, and I don't even know these cats. Snap out of it
Sad

Farmington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2011

Judged:

It is so sad that we have people who need weapons to solve a problem. If this man (Tuna) needed a weapon out here what is he going to use in prison? Perhaps his butt cheeks.
To the Haters

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2011

Judged:

Now wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with Macho Man!
I'm surprised you even know how to use a computer. I mean you probably don't even comprehend half of what your buddy wrote. The other dude hit it on the money...I actually thought about taking you up on that beating...but it's time to put this trajedy behind and hope that parents and children both can learn from this. I know I have, and I don't even know these cats. Snap out of it
Thanks for the support my brother but I just wanted to set the record straight, I never called myself Macho Man, It was the tough guy that named me that.

I just wanted the families to know that I may not kinow them but I feel their pain, Peace.
East Side Idoit

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2011

Judged:

If this dude did what's been printed he was just another spoke in the wheel. In life being a tough guy has consequences, justified or otherwise.

RIP
Why

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2011

Judged:

why haven't the party maker of the underage drinking place been charge as one is a 22 yo adult?
Bravo

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2011

Judged:

To the Haters wrote:
Mr. Deri Chavez,
There was a time in my life when I would have gladly taken you up on that invitation but I'm older, wiser and I've out grown that mentality. The fact is I have a professional life now and I am the trend setter in my family, as now I set the example to my grand children and they look up to me.
Unfortunately I have experienced the agony of burying one of my own and I know what this family is going through. Sadly enough, the families of the offender are also going through their own turmoil. You condemn these young men for their actions and you comment on what thugs they are but yet you call me out not knowing who I am or what fate you might meet. What makes you any different than these guys? Where does it end tough guy?
You are obviously young and dumb and youíve got a lot to learn son. Iíve seen big, bad grown men cry like a baby when they had to bury one of their own. This is an event that you and Mr. McClain have obviously never had to experience and believe me, you donít want to. I wouldnít wish this on anybody not even you two low lives but remember this, KARMA has a way of coming back to your door step. Itís just a matter of time before it happens to you and when it does, I hope you remember every idiotic statement you and McClain made here today, with every tear you shed. Then you too will grow up.
Well said
LC USA

White Sands Missile Range, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2011

Judged:

To the Haters wrote:
Mr. Deri Chavez,
Very nicely put!
person

Farmington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2011

excuse me DAVID McCLAIN and everyone else that agree with him but who the f**k do you think you are to judge a good guy like Jerry I personaly know him and just to let you know Jerry was a very great guy! He never did anything wrong, he was is the type of person that can always put a smile on your face. Yea he was at a party where there was alcohol and maybe drugs but he never did nothing to cause what happend to him, he was an innocent guy. That little bi**h Tuna was the one that started everyhing Jerry was only trying to avoid him and do the right thing. So f*** everyone that is judging Jerry.

R.I.P Jerry zamarripa <3 we love you Jerry! And we miss you so
much :'( i'll remember all the great times we spent together <3

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Hurley Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hurley Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Hurley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE