Three groups promote Kingdom of the Sun

Three groups promote Kingdom of the Sun

There are 2 comments on the Deming Headlight story from Jul 26, 2013, titled Three groups promote Kingdom of the Sun. In it, Deming Headlight reports that:

Three local entities want to make an impact toward the growth and future of Deming and Luna County's infrastructure.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Deming Headlight.

About time

Cedar Crest, NM

#1 Jul 26, 2013
Glad to see that the Chamber of Commerce, Deming Mainstreet, and the Visitor Center wanting to collaborate with each other to make an impact on the future of Deming and bring tourism. But what about including the museum, Deming Arts Council, Economic Development, etc., etc., etc.

Being that there is a lot of work needing to be done still and being that I don't belong to any of these organizations, but I have lots of ideas and suggestions and I would like to give input, so here goes: what about putting up banners/flags down Pine and Gold streets advertising our city, adding flowers to the empty bare wine barrels downtown, putting up beautiful signage, keep working on eliminating weeds and trash, adding more landscaping and curb appeal, encourage or fund painting of buildings, add more or freshen up existing murals. Continue working on beautifying the city first.
Just a thought

Las Cruces, NM

#2 Jul 26, 2013
About time wrote:
Glad to see that the Chamber of Commerce, Deming Mainstreet, and the Visitor Center wanting to collaborate with each other to make an impact on the future of Deming and bring tourism. But what about including the museum, Deming Arts Council, Economic Development, etc., etc., etc.
Being that there is a lot of work needing to be done still and being that I don't belong to any of these organizations, but I have lots of ideas and suggestions and I would like to give input, so here goes: what about putting up banners/flags down Pine and Gold streets advertising our city, adding flowers to the empty bare wine barrels downtown, putting up beautiful signage, keep working on eliminating weeds and trash, adding more landscaping and curb appeal, encourage or fund painting of buildings, add more or freshen up existing murals. Continue working on beautifying the city first.
I agree for starters what about that little brick building across from the court house park. It could have curb appeal if it were spruced up a bit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News City declares messy yard a nuisance Oct 13 Deming pride 1
Duane Lyon (Sep '09) Oct 8 Kate 6
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) Oct 8 None 9,909
News Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Oct 8 Tony 631
News Law Enforcement (Oct '10) Sep 25 King Joe Zarate 15
Former deputy Michel Aguirre back in custody Sep 24 MR Gold 3
News New Silver City ordinance takes aim at excessiv... (Jan '11) Sep '17 Cookie123 13

Hurley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hurley Mortgages