Chamber director pleads no contest

The executive director of the Silver City/Grant County Chamber of Commerce pleaded no contest Thursday to a petty misdemeanor charge of simple battery for allegedly kicking a Hurley police officer in the shin in June. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Why

Santa Fe, NM

#23 Dec 11, 2010
What is the "Green Chamber of Commerce"?
talk talk talk

Albuquerque, NM

#24 Dec 12, 2010
If all this is going wrong and its hurting the town, I mean businesses, Tourism etc, why is this Woman still there??? The Chamber of commerce has worn 2 hats for ever, help business and tourism. These two things together create a synergistic relationship. It should not be divided. We need a chamber board that represents both sides and then hire a director who is accountable to the board we elect!!!!!!!!!!

As for Linda k Jones im not sure what you thinks she trying to do here. SHE HAS DONE ALOT OF GOOD HERE IN THE PAST SO WHAT IS SHE UP TO THAT IS SO BAD, FEEL ME IN!!?

As for Polley and Officer Koons its over. She kicked, he filed, she plead. END OF STORY. So everyone move on. All this shit should stop. We need a director, whover it might be that is:
A. Friendly
B. Smart
C. Professional
d. That has great PR skills
E. Knows how to play the political game and get things accomplished for the betterment of our little town.

It seems our town has been divided, We need to reunite being we all have the same goal. We dont need to be acting like a little kids fighting over which toy were gonna play with. So when you read this , try to be positive and lets move on.
This includes you Chamber Director.
SilverSally

Santa Fe, NM

#25 Dec 12, 2010
We don't all have the same goal. Business wants to promote tourism. Few of us promote our local businesses because of the very corrupt local officials and law enforcement. This cannot be ignored. Those of us who don't need an income believe it is wrong to entice tourists to a town that promotes Main Street but not its citizens. If you don't understand what is wrong, how the hell are we ever going to fix it.
what

Albuquerque, NM

#26 Dec 12, 2010
Wake up grant county!! Wake chamber directors fire LOLA!!
Courage Under Fire

Silver City, NM

#27 Dec 13, 2010
Elkstine wrote:
Lola has made her own bed. Blame whomever you want, a public figure - the one public figure that we put out to the world as our representative, acted unprofessionally. Everything after that is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned.
you do not know squat and you do not know who did what and sitting from my view (my toilet) you are most likely the person making unprofessional comments to all the community leasders instead of giving your support

you will not be re elected you have made your bed and everything after ditching tourisn for our town is irrelevant as far as we are concerned
agree

Albuquerque, NM

#28 Dec 13, 2010
talk talk talk wrote:
If all this is going wrong and its hurting the town, I mean businesses, Tourism etc, why is this Woman still there??? The Chamber of commerce has worn 2 hats for ever, help business and tourism. These two things together create a synergistic relationship. It should not be divided. We need a chamber board that represents both sides and then hire a director who is accountable to the board we elect!!!!!!!!!!
As for Linda k Jones im not sure what you thinks she trying to do here. SHE HAS DONE ALOT OF GOOD HERE IN THE PAST SO WHAT IS SHE UP TO THAT IS SO BAD, FEEL ME IN!!?
As for Polley and Officer Koons its over. She kicked, he filed, she plead. END OF STORY. So everyone move on. All this shit should stop. We need a director, whover it might be that is:
A. Friendly
B. Smart
C. Professional
d. That has great PR skills
E. Knows how to play the political game and get things accomplished for the betterment of our little town.
It seems our town has been divided, We need to reunite being we all have the same goal. We dont need to be acting like a little kids fighting over which toy were gonna play with. So when you read this , try to be positive and lets move on.
This includes you Chamber Director.
I agree 99%
Why

Santa Fe, NM

#29 Dec 13, 2010
I agree with Sally. Clean this town up. I don't care about the Chamber or the talking heads. I want a decent place for my family to live. How much crap can you sweep under the rug?
agree

Albuquerque, NM

#30 Dec 13, 2010
Why wrote:
I agree with Sally. Clean this town up. I don't care about the Chamber or the talking heads. I want a decent place for my family to live. How much crap can you sweep under the rug?
It will never happen until people vote with a reason other than because he or she is my relative, because he is democrat or skin color and or race! So in Grant county it will never change until enough educated people move here that can vote. There are alot of good educated people who are voting for good people now, but we are way outnumbered by the good ole boy sytem. The motto for grant county should be STATUS QUO!! how sad!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 22 min Frijoles 69,523
Battle underway to move money from land grant p... 10 hr merle 3
Say it in six words (Jul '08) 17 hr herecomethecopters 8,548
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Mon Insect Trust 32
dccchs Sep 23 CONCERNED TAX PAYER 1
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Sep 22 SALLY 44 46
WNMU students graduate from Police Academy (Jun '10) Sep 20 Really 8

Hurley Jobs

Hurley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hurley News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hurley

Personal Finance