36 arrested in city, county warrant roundup

Full story: Silver City Sun-News

Area law enforcement agencies, including the Silver City Police Department and the Grant County Sheriff's Office, made 36 arrests over the weekend in what was called a "gang intel and warrant roundup operation." Silver City Police Chief Ed Reynolds gave a report on the activity, which began on May 7, at Tuesday's Silver City Town Council meeting ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
Silver City Native

Auburn, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2010

Why don't they identify who these people are so the community can be aware???
get informed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2010

Judged:

Jesse James wrote:
because the Silver City Daily press is run by the SCPD they say what and who goes into the newspaper..same old crap that silver city is known for..you would be shocked to hear what goes on in Grant County after dark, or during the day for that matter
You are absoulutely correct go spend $100.00 on a small police scanner and get all the frequencies and it will blow your mind!! Way too much is going on way too much drugs causing all the crap and no drug busts?? HMHMNHM

Well it is almost election time im sure our appointed sheriff who is trying to become the elected sheriff will make some chicken shit drug bust to try to gain votes.
DONT BE FOOLED!! same crap different day!!
learn to shut it

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2010

Jesse James wrote:
because the Silver City Daily press is run by the SCPD they say what and who goes into the newspaper..same old crap that silver city is known for..you would be shocked to hear what goes on in Grant County after dark, or during the day for that matter
FYI "Jesse James" this article is from the Silver City SUN NEWS not the daily press.
hmmmm

Cerrillos, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2010

Judged:

Warrant round ups to control gang violence? Raul, you have illustrated your lack of knowledge once again. You need to aggressively attack gang violence. Identify them, document them and maintain intelligence on their activities. Plan pro active projects. Cover taggings quickly. Get in the schools and work with the administration. Warrant round ups are not the answer.
Frances Clarke

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2010

Judged:

100 arrested and 100 will be set free to resume whatever it is that put them on the SCPD "list".
History

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2010

To be honest I bet most of these arrests were from unpaid fines - the economy is basically non-existent here, people are broke and simply can't pay the 91 dollar seat belt fine or the 100 speeding ticket, the 100 parking ticket.

No real crimes ever solved here - just nickeling and diming of the town's people.
Silver Sally

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2010

Judged:

When will this community get some real law enforcement? Criminals are celebrities here and so is the very corrupt SCPD.
Fly on the Wall

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2010

Judged:

Too little too late. It's going to take more than arresting people on a few old warrants. The fact that there are so many outstanding warrants shows that someone has not been doing their job.
Silver City Native

Auburn, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2010

From 100 to 36????
shopping

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2010

Judged:

If you want to see some action, go hang out in the walmart parking lot for a couple hours, especially in the afternoon. There's a LOT of shoplifting and theft related crime in this town. And has anyone noticed that even though Silver is around 100 miles from Old Mexico, this town is sort of like a sloppy border town? Trash on the streets, broken bottles, garbage. Little Chihuahua running loose, probably looking for some deer to run with. Gang graffiti on places of business. The first step to that is covering it with paint. How hard is it to come by some white paint and clean it up? How come the little juveiniles that do this shit aren't the ones painting it over? How come there isn't a work detail from the county jail? Might save a few bucks for the county and keep people busy so they get the point of incarceration. You can check out Sherrif Joe Arpaio's website to get some tips.
why there is no coverage

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2010

Judged:

Silver City Native wrote:
Why don't they identify who these people are so the community can be aware???
Because this is a ridiculous story, written to deceive us and make us think that law enforcement is enforcing the law. Nice try, Raul.
Once was there

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2010

Judged:

why there is no coverage wrote:
<quoted text> Because this is a ridiculous story, written to deceive us and make us think that law enforcement is enforcing the law. Nice try, Raul.
Get over your self people, if any of you think you can do a better job at solving crime then come and try to be a cop or sheriff. I would love to see how many of you really think that you can solve a crime easier then one of the Deputy's, cops, state police, or the sheriff. You all like to run you mouth about the crime in this place then put your money where your mouth is and be a cop. Do better then the Sheriff or the Chief of police or anyone. I'm so tired of hearing people trash talk cops when half of you people dont know what it is to be a cop or how dangers it is.
WANTED

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2010

The Bayard Police office broke a window while pounding on it. I was not at home. My neighbor told me as soon as the window was broken they left. Someone should be accountable for their vandalism! Keystone Cops. Yes i took care of the warrent which was a seatbelt violation.
WANTED

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2010

Yeah I still say KEYSTONE COPS!
Barros Serrano

Dunbar, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2010

I'm about to move to that area (Grant Co.). Y'all are talking like there's a crime wave there... I don't see this reflected in crime stats.

Really... what is the crime situation like there? Most small NM towns have a problem with bicycle theft and such. I assumed it was the same for Silver City, Bayard, etc.
SunNews Spectator

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2010

Barros Serrano wrote:
I'm about to move to that area (Grant Co.). Y'all are talking like there's a crime wave there... I don't see this reflected in crime stats.
Really... what is the crime situation like there? Most small NM towns have a problem with bicycle theft and such. I assumed it was the same for Silver City, Bayard, etc.
Why are you moving here, do you have children and do you plan to raise them here? Lots of towns have drug issues these days, but in this one--- well, no one is fighting it.

“Not vengeance, punishment.”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2010

Judged:

Once was there wrote:
<quoted text>Get over your self people, if any of you think you can do a better job at solving crime then come and try to be a cop or sheriff. I would love to see how many of you really think that you can solve a crime easier then one of the Deputy's, cops, state police, or the sheriff. You all like to run you mouth about the crime in this place then put your money where your mouth is and be a cop. Do better then the Sheriff or the Chief of police or anyone. I'm so tired of hearing people trash talk cops when half of you people dont know what it is to be a cop or how dangers it is.
I'd gladly take that offer. I have 22 years experience in Cook County IL as a Deputy Sheriff/Investigator. What do you think my chances are of being elected? It's a rhetorical question, since I am NOT of Mexican ancestry I have ZERO chance of being elected or chosen for any police job.

State police have NO business handing out tickets in Silver City. For that matter neither do the Sheriff's Police. Sheriffs are SUPPOSED to be patrolling unincorporated Grant County (where many of the unsolved murders took place). While they have jurisdiction in Silver City, they should NOT be vulching tickets to make them look like they are doing their jobs. And the state police are SUPPOSED to be patrolling the Interstates as well as unincorporated areas. But they are also in Silver City vulching traffic tickets to fill their quotas. A GOOD Sheriff or state police commander would be teling his men WHERE they should be patrolling. Too bad we don't have any.

Everyone in Silver City KNOWS where to buy drugs and knows where the crimes are being committed. Pretty hard to arrest Juan Gonzalez for dealing meth when you drink beer with him at family get-togethers on Sundays and holidays. Just the facts of life in this area.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hurley Discussions

Search the Hurley Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 65,069
NM Republican Martinez claims NM governor's seat (Nov '10) 8 hr Joe 221
Say it in six words (Jul '08) 9 hr Velvet MJK 8,365
Deming Stand Down 11 hr August 2
No charges yet in deadly shooting (May '11) 15 hr Silver 11
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) 15 hr Silver 43
Community education classes continue in April Wed Jackie 1
•••
•••