Hurley mayor shows off new wastewater system

Hurley Mayor Edward Encinas led a tour of the newly completed multimillion dollar Hurley wastewater system earlier this week, and briefed USDA Rural Development State Director Terry Brunner on how the new system will provide better service and eliminate possible contamination of the community's groundwater supply. Full Story
Fly on the Wall

Silver City, NM

#1 Dec 17, 2010
Stinking politicians already promising to give away more money which will cost more federal taxes. Federal grants come out of our pockets in the first place.
country boy

Silver City, NM

#2 Dec 17, 2010
Fly on the Wall wrote:
Stinking politicians already promising to give away more money which will cost more federal taxes. Federal grants come out of our pockets in the first place.
Your last comment is correct. Federal grants do come out of our pockets, but they come out of lots of taxpayers' pockets. That's the only way this sewer project could have been completed. Certainly, there is no way the taxpayers of Hurley, alone, could have paid for the facility. I believe this was a good use of taxpayers' monies.
Al Reine

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Dec 18, 2010
country boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Your last comment is correct. Federal grants do come out of our pockets, but they come out of lots of taxpayers' pockets. That's the only way this sewer project could have been completed. Certainly, there is no way the taxpayers of Hurley, alone, could have paid for the facility. I believe this was a good use of taxpayers' monies.
Do you also believe in bailing out California's debt? That will also come out of all our pockets. I don't live in Hurley and there is nothing there to make it worth visiting. Why should I have to pay for their new water system? Let the residents pay for it.
Borrowing money that isn't there is WHY we have the huge national debt. In case you haven't noticed, and I quote our illustrious Commander-in-Competent... "we're BROKE".
just saying

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Dec 18, 2010
Come on AL, everyone knows this is the Land of Entitlement.
Ar Reine

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Dec 18, 2010
just saying wrote:
Come on AL, everyone knows this is the Land of Entitlement.
LOL...you are exactly right. They should put that on our license plates!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 hr STEFANO COLONNA 71,256
Say it in six words (Jul '08) 4 hr angeltears 8,587
Somalis moving into Deming Dec 21 Exodus 5
Wi-Power high-speed Internet, Digital phone ser... (Jun '10) Dec 20 Tell Me AnotherOne 58
Do you have VERIZON and you didn't have service... Dec 13 yankeedudell 2
Experience Victorian Christmas tonight at Silve... (Dec '09) Dec 9 billie 4
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Dec 9 MSGT Don 49
Hurley Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hurley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hurley News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hurley

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]