Police: Choking driver caused NM Walmart explosion in Deming

Mar 22, 2013 Full story: KOB-TV 10

Police say man who choked on his food while driving caused a chain reaction that led to a fireball exploding over a Walmart in southwestern New Mexico.

Full Story
Nascore Fan

Artesia, NM

#1 Mar 22, 2013
You should've been there. I saw it all. There I was in line at Walmart - beating my kids- you know, like any other day. My wife was in stretch-pants, itching her crotch when she told me to run outside and see what all the commotion was about. I was about fixin' to run outside when I stopped and thought to myself, "Why should I be 'fixin' to run outside when I could just run outside without all the 'fixin'? So I ran outside, two seconds quicker than I otherwise would've and saw a this big explosion on the curb! A woman ran past me just SCREETCHING like a fruit-bat! And I mean SCREAMING like everybodys' 1st and 2nd wife! I thought she was on fire or something, so we smothered her in a blanket. Turns out she was just thrashing and carrying on about weeds around the parking lot perimeter.
Windi Pants

Artesia, NM

#2 Mar 23, 2013
Blame it on someone nearby...that's what I do at Walmart.
Walmart shopper

Artesia, NM

#3 Mar 24, 2013
Sometimes I wonder, "Why is that frisbee getting bigger and bigger?"

...and then it hits me...
Mr Whipple

Artesia, NM

#4 Mar 24, 2013
I heard that the biggest employer of workers is no longer the big 3 or other manufacturers with skilled tradesmen - it's Walmart.
But that makes sense, when you relize they've put every Mom & Pop hardware store, elevator, shoe store, apathecary, dairy, drygoods dock, boutique, music store, hardware, sporting goods, five & dime and farmer's markets all across the USA OUT OF BUSINESS.
At first, they sold only USA merchandise till all mainstreet holdouts were gone so as not to cause a collective fuss, then once there were no more competitors, they replaced our stuff with cheap vietnamese/chinese crap and and hire the Mom & Pop's unemployed kids - under probation, of course. Talk about modern feifdom.

Put Mr Whipple on the record as siding with the Democrats on this issue.
Buxom Bianca

Phoenix, AZ

#5 Mar 30, 2013
Can I offer my two melon's worth of input here?

Say Walmart buys future watermelons on contract with a LOCAL DEMING farmer to be delivered in a future month. When delivery time arrives, Walmart has been known to reject that farmer's product based upon faddish whims of national buyers - whether real or perceived. Walmart might say, "People NOW like melons that are 1" smaller in diameter than last year." Or, "People like light-green ones this year, not deep green ones."

So the LOCAL DEMING farmer has to dump all his stock, or sell to hog-lots and just eat the investment. And for all you young people working for the government, and your spouse works for the government,and your parents are in the govenment, here's a news flash. Farmers are in the private sector and they have invested HEAVILY in that crop of THEIR OWN MONEY.
I know all your friends are cops, or firemen or teachers or cyfd types or borderpatrolmen or marshalls or osha or epa or health department or dmv or idiots-leaning-on rakes for Luna Co hwy dept., or garbage neglectors or social security workers, but farmers risk their OWN money just hoping it'll pay off. Their wages aren't guarenteed like you government types' wages are; let alone your princely benefits.

Profit and loss used to balance out in years past so the farmer could raise a family. Then Walmart changed everything..... They routinely wipe out a proud family in 1 single season with ner'ry a tear.
chain reaction

Las Cruces, NM

#6 Mar 31, 2013
Mr Whipple wrote:
I heard that the biggest employer of workers is no longer the big 3 or other manufacturers with skilled tradesmen - it's Walmart.
But that makes sense, when you relize they've put every Mom & Pop hardware store, elevator, shoe store, apathecary, dairy, drygoods dock, boutique, music store, hardware, sporting goods, five & dime and farmer's markets all across the USA OUT OF BUSINESS.
At first, they sold only USA merchandise till all mainstreet holdouts were gone so as not to cause a collective fuss, then once there were no more competitors, they replaced our stuff with cheap vietnamese/chinese crap and and hire the Mom & Pop's unemployed kids - under probation, of course. Talk about modern feifdom.
Put Mr Whipple on the record as siding with the Democrats on this issue.
Walmart also is one of the huge Obama supporters that helped get him re-elected. When you support Walmart you are helping to raise money for their next presidential choice. For those who need a reality check your food does not grow in the Walmart parking lot we NEED to support our local farmers.
solution

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Mar 31, 2013
Support the new MainStreet Farmers market. Coming soon.
I am Johnson

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Apr 10, 2013
Any person that pays taxes in the U.S. supports farmers/ranchers through subsidies, grants and state or BLM leases.
Anvil

Artesia, NM

#9 Apr 12, 2013
The single best stroke of luck the American Farmer could get would be for the entire E.P.A. to go on a lavish boozy cruise and strike an iceburg and sink in fridgid waters (slowly, hopefully).

Them and their gawddamn drones with 'em!
Anvil

Artesia, NM

#10 Apr 13, 2013
Shall I presume that farmers put those judgement icons on my post? Nope. They agree, but are too busy working at this late hour to chime in.

But heck, while I'm churning out the nasty judgment icons for my posts let me remind the public that:

Nelson Mandella was NOT a political prisoner, but was a terrorist who blew up a train station.

His wife Whinney was convictied of Murder Conspiracy.

Rosa Parks won't lay still in her grave until EVERY whitey rides in the back of the 'United States Prosperity Bus' and she's got the perfect foreigner at the wheel to make that happen, by and by.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 12 min JOEL 71,035
Wi-Power high-speed Internet, Digital phone ser... (Jun '10) 14 hr Tell Me AnotherOne 58
Say it in six words (Jul '08) Dec 18 Fantasy football 8,584
Somalis moving into Deming Dec 15 Gray Matter 4
Do you have VERIZON and you didn't have service... Dec 13 yankeedudell 2
Experience Victorian Christmas tonight at Silve... (Dec '09) Dec 9 billie 4
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Dec 9 MSGT Don 49
Hurley Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hurley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hurley News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hurley