LC man arrested in Grant County killing

LC man arrested in Grant County killing

There are 11 comments on the Silver City Sun-News story from May 12, 2011, titled LC man arrested in Grant County killing. In it, Silver City Sun-News reports that:

More than two years after the body of Rachel Torrisi Sierra was found shot in the head and tossed along a deserted stretch of state Highway 78, the man who allegedly killed her is back in Grant County and behind bars.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Silver City Sun-News.

San Diego, CA

#1 May 12, 2011
Now it's up to the justice department to put this dangerous man in jail and keep him there for a long, long, long time.
Sad but true

Albuquerque, NM

#2 May 12, 2011
Our Sheriff SUX!!

Los Alamos, NM

#3 May 12, 2011
Good job on the story, Terrance. I have to wonder if all the comments in this forum during the Sheriff election earlier this year helped get them in gear and get this solved? Comments were made about the roommates and the forged checks... Congratulations are in order to our hard working men and women in law enforcement. Thank you.

Now, what about Roland Salvatore, and, the man that was found dead at Gough Park about 5 years ago? Anything on those two?
Just Saying

Morenci, AZ

#4 May 12, 2011
Sad but true wrote:
Our Sheriff SUX!!
I'm gonna have to agree on that they just cover up all there other scandle's.... They seem to never talk about the emblezzlment of past officers...
Or how about

Silver City, NM

#5 May 12, 2011
ANd let's remember Tim Edwards...

Bayard, NM

#6 May 12, 2011
The Grant County Sheriff's Department had the same information two years ago that they turned over to the state police two months ago that led to an arrest.... It was only ego and petty territorial bullshyt that stood in the way of this arrest ... that left a family waiting for two years ... we can only blame incompetence or inflated egos ... that led to this insulting miscarriage of justice ... the Sheriff should be apologizing to his constituents for taking so long to be bringing about an arrest ... since he had the same information that he had two years ago ..... apologize Mr. Villanueva ... don't congratulate yourself ... you owe it to the Torrisi to admit .. that maybe it wasn't under your watch ... but this whole case was mishandled from the very beginning and caused much more pain than was necessary ... give them that ... your constituents deserve that ... at the very least .... be a public servant ... and address the Torrisi family specifically ... a general "Oh, we did a great job," isn't going to cut it with what the court records are revealing. your department, whether you were sheriff at the time or not ... dropped the ball ... acknowledge such ... own up to those mistakes .. and you might just regain a little respect ...

Apache Junction, AZ

#7 May 12, 2011
More low-lifes...

Albuquerque, NM

#8 May 13, 2011
I am not one to hate anyone... on the contrary- Allen and Bernadette Hurley- I hate you both!!! You took away someone very dear to me!!! I hope you both rot in hell!!! You are so freaking lucky there is no death penalty in New Mexico... they should make an exception in your case... they should allow a public execution!!! A hanging or allow us to stone you to death!!! You two suck!!! So, since you both get off with your lives... unlike Rachel...I hope you freaking rot and die in prison. I hope they beat you in there!!! Bitches!!!

Tucson, AZ

#9 May 14, 2011
Villanueava commends his office for what? Being stupid? They could have easily gotten the cell phone records that broke this case. Is it not standard operating procedure now days? Gimme a break, if this was not so sad it would be funny. What a bunch of Deputy Dogs... Villanueva being the top Bow Wow. He should resign in shame....oh yeah, you have to have a conscience to feel shame.

Albuquerque, NM

#10 May 14, 2011
Villanueva is a joke. Just more corruption for grant county.

Holden, MO

#11 May 22, 2011
that poor Rachel did not deserve to die. Those responsible, how can you sleep at night? Such a terrible, horrible crime to live with.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) 1 hr So_da_lish_us 11,614
News Armed security coming to Deming Public Schools Mar 18 Dogo Argentine 1
News Council to discuss pay raise at Monday meeting Mar 12 my opinion 1
News Councilman "Butter' Milo wants four more years (Jan '08) Mar 10 Dogo Argentine 4
Deming Police: Is Deming safe to live and trave... (Sep '15) Mar 10 Dogo Argentine 12
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Mar 9 stein 72,048
News Immigrants find home, future in Deming Mar 7 I love the southwest 7

Hurley Jobs

Personal Finance

Hurley Mortgages