PNM executive: Rate hike is necessary

PNM executive: Rate hike is necessary

There are 6 comments on the Silver City Sun-News story from Aug 26, 2010, titled PNM executive: Rate hike is necessary. In it, Silver City Sun-News reports that:

Ron Darnell, vice president of regulatory affairs for PNM, said at a meeting Wednesday that, while the timing for its proposed rate increase might not be right, the utility has little choice because capital improvements need to be made to the system to meet increased demand.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Silver City Sun-News.

elkstine

Heroica Guaymas, Mexico

#1 Aug 27, 2010
And we'll find out down the road just how much the executives put in their pocket.
No more money

Silver City, NM

#2 Aug 27, 2010
I guess they need a holiday bonus! No more money for this company. Give me a break, my lights aren't brighter, lightning still shuts my power off! What are they going to do, make lightning proof wires.
Norma

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Aug 27, 2010
How much are the executives going to get out of this rate hike? In the improvements to the system going to include new office furnature for the executives or maybe a vacation for them and their family. How much of the hike will go towards helping the people that will have to pay more on their bills. A rate hike with in reason is ok but the proposed rate hike is a bit much.
Turkey Creek

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Aug 27, 2010
Were all supposed to beleive that PNM doesn't have any money to make capital improvements so they have to force their customers to pay for them.
It's disgraceful they can get away with this.
Why weren't these "much needed" improvements made a little at a time.
Mr. Darnell would say anything to defend PNM's decision.
He doesn't want to lose his job.

PNM get your act together. Their were plenty of profits leading up to this much needed capital improvement.
Don't make the sick, the poor and the elderly have to pay for your very poor planning.
Turkey Creek

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Aug 27, 2010
I think that all of PNM's employees need repairs to their homes and vehicles or much needed capital improvements.

I think it's time PNM's employees start charging PNM
a minimum wage rate of $100.00 per hour.

Oops, that won't work will it. PNM would then just pass that cost onto us.

SHAMEFUL
just saying

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Aug 27, 2010
PNM early on signed on to the Cap and Trade crap. They are in the hip pockets of Obama and his band of crooks. The utility is raising its rates to get ready for the cap and trade carbon credits it will be paying to the crooked Chicago trade outfit that will make Gore, Obama, and many others filthy rich.

It's all a scam.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hurley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) Sat Lia Russell 8,895
Local Politics Do you approve of James R. Marshall as Mayor? (Mar '12) Apr 24 bewildered 5
News Voiers' Park plan includes pond Apr 18 John 6
Water upgrade (Feb '15) Feb '15 Enchanting New Me... 1
News Grant County residents get a whiff of rotten eggs (Jun '14) Jun '14 Zeke the Geek 1
News GSFWC meeting 071613, final part (Jul '13) Jul '13 good job 1
Copper Ridge Church (Jun '13) Jun '13 PA hiker 1

Hurley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hurley Mortgages