Babies in bars
sillychik

Dawsonville, GA

#1 Jul 17, 2012
Ok people, What is your opinion on taking babies into bars? I went into a bar the other day and it had a playpen, walker and two booster seats set up on the floor and pool tables and 3 babies one of them was walking around the pool table and just about was hit by the cue ball! My opinion is that bars is no place for kids unless it is during the day. I tried to enjoy myself at this little bar in Shiro but just could not with crying babies. The Mother was busy drinking and everyone else was watching the babies and they were drinking too. Where is the RESPONSIBLE adult? And guess who drove the babies home? Yes, the mom who was just drinking! I will never go back to a place that allows such irresponsible behavior!
Major J

Houston, TX

#2 Jul 19, 2012
Never shoot pool against a babie in a bar. Cant trust them....I'm just sayin, ya know?
Leslie

United States

#3 Jul 29, 2012
sillychik wrote:
Ok people, What is your opinion on taking babies into bars? I went into a bar the other day and it had a playpen, walker and two booster seats set up on the floor and pool tables and 3 babies one of them was walking around the pool table and just about was hit by the cue ball! My opinion is that bars is no place for kids unless it is during the day. I tried to enjoy myself at this little bar in Shiro but just could not with crying babies. The Mother was busy drinking and everyone else was watching the babies and they were drinking too. Where is the RESPONSIBLE adult? And guess who drove the babies home? Yes, the mom who was just drinking! I will never go back to a place that allows such irresponsible behavior!
lol that's terrible!! I've never taken my babies into a bar!! And I'm from these parts!!! Backwoods all I gotta say... Teaching their young to be productive like them:) crazy!!
disgusted customer

Cleveland, GA

#4 Apr 18, 2013
I recently went to this bar not only to see for myself but to just get out and have a couple beers. I will tell you this, there are babies in the bar and from what one other customer told me is that the so called lazy grumpy bartender is the grandma of these babies and she has them in there constantly! Shame on you! When the parents and grandparents choose to raise these babies in a bar it not only shows everyone how stupid and irresponsible they are but gives everyone the chance to see what the next generation of loser alcoholics looks like.
bosstrent2010

Huntsville, TX

#5 Apr 26, 2013
The mother is probably just a baby herself in the eyes of the responsible public. You have to be 21 to be ins bar, someone should report this to tabc and they will be shut down.
disgusted customer

Blairsville, GA

#6 Apr 27, 2013
Unfortunately you do not have to be 21 to be in bars in Texas. These brilliant law makers even say it's legal to let the minor drink in the bar as long as the parent buys it and hands it to them and stays in their eye sight.
bosstrent2010

Huntsville, TX

#7 Apr 28, 2013
disgusted customer wrote:
Unfortunately you do not have to be 21 to be in bars in Texas. These brilliant law makers even say it's legal to let the minor drink in the bar as long as the parent buys it and hands it to them and stays in their eye sight.
This could not be further from the truth. In Texas in order to be in an establishment that sells alcohol you must be 21. The only exception is establishments that sell food and they only allow minors in there until a certain time. Also night clubs that's charge a cover and mark their hands with a X or under 21 stamp of some kind that lets the bartender know not to serve them.
disgusted customer

Ball Ground, GA

#8 May 11, 2013
a parent, legal guardian, or spouse who is of age can buy someone underage alcohol as long as the underage individual stays near the legal person. keep in mind that the establishment can deny anyone service for any reason, meaning they can say no to you even though it is legal.
Source(s):
http://www.gdcada.org/coalitions/aloud/l …
someone who really knows

Crockett, TX

#9 Jan 22, 2014
Anyone been to the bar there in Shiro?
just me

Centerville, TX

#10 Jul 11, 2014
someone who really knows wrote:
Anyone been to the bar there in Shiro?
Yes, I have been to that bar and will never return there. They have the most disgusting crowd and the bartender is horrible and the owner and the bartender and the bartenders son all screw the same local women. Then if you say the wrong thing either the owner or the bartenders son will wait til you have your back turned and sucker punch ya....seen it happen for myself more than once.
George

Marquez, TX

#11 Jul 25, 2014
bosstrent2010 wrote:
<quoted text>
This could not be further from the truth. In Texas in order to be in an establishment that sells alcohol you must be 21. The only exception is establishments that sell food and they only allow minors in there until a certain time. Also night clubs that's charge a cover and mark their hands with a X or under 21 stamp of some kind that lets the bartender know not to serve them.
You just contradicted yourself, first you say under 21 can't go into a bar, then you say clubs stamp the hand of the under 21 kids. Which is it?
look it up

Trinity, TX

#12 Aug 20, 2014
Google the texas laws concerning this....I did. Kids are allowed in bars and can have alcohol as long as the parent purchases it and hands it to them and stays in their sight. Also have to agree that bar in shiro is disgusting along with the owner and the dumb toothless old hag tending bar.
George wrote:
<quoted text>
You just contradicted yourself, first you say under 21 can't go into a bar, then you say clubs stamp the hand of the under 21 kids. Which is it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) May 14 Jack 993
News Repost: Texas River Tracing: San Jacinto Mar '16 General Sam Farts... 7
News While North Texas - affluenza' teen went free, ... Feb '16 Ben Ghazi 1
Starting an event. Feb '16 Bead1994 1
To Walker county DPS re: CHL abuse/violation Feb '16 motherteresa 6
News Vickers sentenced to 17 years for murder (Nov '09) Jan '16 Good conversation 24
promark research - a tele-bully company (Oct '14) Jan '16 Frank CastIe 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntsville Mortgages