Please help me solve my family mystery!

Please help me solve my family mystery!

Posted in the Huntsville Forum

“HELP SOLVE MY FAMILY MYSTERY!”

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#1 Jun 22, 2013
Iíve never known my fatherís name. I'm trying to identify him. I have very little info on him, but hopefully, someone will recognize him from the following description:
* He was born around 1940
*He lived in Huntsville, TX, in the early 60s
*He was a student at SHSU in 1960 & 1961
*He worked at the Center Motel on Avenue L
* He was slender w/ dark hair & blue eyes
* He had lots of freckles

He may have owned a black Chevy muscle car
He may have served two (or more) yrs in the military
He may have had two siblings
His father may have been a mechanic

Iíve had my DNA tested by AncestryDNA, FTDNA, & 23andMe, and I'm offering a $1000 cash reward for info that leads to a positive paternal genetic match.
Please share this message far and wide--and if you have any info at all, please get in touch!
simplex

Knoxville, TN

#2 Jun 22, 2013
He probably is passed. You've probably considered that.
Well

Crockett, TX

#3 Jun 22, 2013
Not necessarily. I'd recommend your spending a couple of days in Huntsville. A lot of people still alive with possible information. Just start asking questions about who to talk to that would remember that time. You'll be amazed at what people remember and I'm sure they would gladly help you.
Linda Pettitt

United States

#4 Jun 22, 2013
REDavis wrote:
Iíve never known my fatherís name. I'm trying to identify him. I have very little info on him, but hopefully, someone will recognize him from the following description:
* He was born around 1940
*He lived in Huntsville, TX, in the early 60s
*He was a student at SHSU in 1960 & 1961
*He worked at the Center Motel on Avenue L
* He was slender w/ dark hair & blue eyes
* He had lots of freckles
He may have owned a black Chevy muscle car
He may have served two (or more) yrs in the military
He may have had two siblings
His father may have been a mechanic
Iíve had my DNA tested by AncestryDNA, FTDNA, & 23andMe, and I'm offering a $1000 cash reward for info that leads to a positive paternal genetic match.
Please share this message far and wide--and if you have any info at all, please get in touch!
James Patton is the retired Walker County ,County Clerk. He knows so much of walker county's past. Also there is professional genealogist that lives in Huntsville She is wonderful , Johnnie Jo Dickerson The Huntsville public library and help you get in contact with her.

Location hidden

#5 Jun 23, 2013
simplex wrote:
He probably is passed. You've probably considered that.
He may have already passed, yes. But one never knows, and even if he has, I'd still like to know my family name. And I'd like to know whether or not I have half-siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc., as well.

Location hidden

#6 Jun 23, 2013
Linda Pettitt wrote:
<quoted text> James Patton is the retired Walker County ,County Clerk. He knows so much of walker county's past. Also there is professional genealogist that lives in Huntsville She is wonderful , Johnnie Jo Dickerson The Huntsville public library and help you get in contact with her.
Thank you so much for these suggestions. I live out of state now, but I'm home (Houston) two-three times a year, so I'll be sure to get in touch with Ms. Dickerson and Mr. Patton. Hopefully, we can get together when I'm home in September.

Thank you!

Location hidden

#7 Jun 23, 2013
Well wrote:
Not necessarily. I'd recommend your spending a couple of days in Huntsville. A lot of people still alive with possible information. Just start asking questions about who to talk to that would remember that time. You'll be amazed at what people remember and I'm sure they would gladly help you.
Yes, that is a wonderful suggestion. I live out of state now, but I come home to Houston often, and I will take your advice the next time I'm home. Thank you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dozens of girls still in care facility after al... May 19 Ginagirl5 1
Store from the 1980s at 17th Street and Sam Hou... (May '10) May 11 deb 3
C&R Water Supply (Aug '11) May 3 lookn4water 3
News Texas woman leads police on 100mph chase (Mar '17) Apr '18 Blue Bottle 9
News Huntsville Area Residents Arrested in Drug Cons... (Oct '12) Apr '18 FART MOBILE 14
Bad mouthing Bedias (Nov '08) Apr '18 painterz 37
johnny adamick (Sep '10) Mar '18 Citizen if Conroe 7

Huntsville Jobs

Personal Finance

Huntsville Mortgages