Child support from another State?

Child support from another State?

Posted in the Huntsville Forum


Mount Vernon, KY

#1 Jan 3, 2010
I live in Kentucky and my ex lives here in Walker county. I have sued her for child support for more than a year now with no result from the state of Texas? The state of Ky can't push any orders there until Texas does something. Is there anyone here who can tell me a little about how Texas laws are concerning child support? I feel it only fair she should support her kids since she just keeps having more in Texas. Anyone feel me?

Somerset, KY

#2 Jan 4, 2010

Knox City, TX

#3 Jun 22, 2010
If you're going thru the attorney general's office - they are backed up for years.
Texas Grandma

Waterloo, Canada

#4 Sep 26, 2010
I just started receiving child support that is being garnished from my ex's SSI disability check. The child support order was out of Walker county in 1984. At first I was dealing with the district clerks office then discovered my ex-mil was doing some of the employees in that office's hair free for them to document payments on the ledger crediting my ex with payments I never receivied. I contacted the attorney generals office & had them take over so that crap stopped. The AG office in Bryan did nothing for many years. I then contacted the AG office in the county I lived in. I was then told that since it was already in the Bryan office my ex would have to agree to move it to the county I lived in. Of course my ex refused to move from an office that was letting it rot to a county where the AG investigator was calling him multiple times and telling him he was going to force him to sell his boat & the proceeds were going to go for his arrears in child support. So many more years went by then he applied for SSI and finally received it. With dogged persistance on my part. I finally got ahold of the right person at the AG's office that looked into the years of this case being completely ignored & made it her mission to track him down & get him served. It was 26 years coming but I am finally receiving child support. Good luck you will need it. Sorry I can`t be more help. I know that hiring a lawyer especially an out of state lawyer is often out of the question when you are trying to keep food on the table, & clothes & shoes on the kids it takes every dime to take care of the immediate needs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bad mouthing Bedias (Nov '08) Jun 23 woods 33
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun 13 robert 994
Review: A & J Automotive (Mar '15) Jun 13 XXXGGGG 5
News Repost: Texas River Tracing: San Jacinto Mar '16 General Sam Farts... 7
News While North Texas - affluenza' teen went free, ... Feb '16 Ben Ghazi 1
Starting an event. Feb '16 Bead1994 1
To Walker county DPS re: CHL abuse/violation Feb '16 motherteresa 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntsville Mortgages