Brimstone Recreation
First Prev
of 26
Next Last
local

Boiling Springs, SC

#511 May 25, 2011
someone needs to call EPA. river rd of huntsville has large amounts of oil on road and ditches for the upcoming event for brimstone.
amazing

Oneida, TN

#512 May 26, 2011
And WHERE do you think all that oil on the road and in the ditches is coming from? Just wondering...
rider

Huntsville, TN

#513 May 26, 2011
amazing wrote:
And WHERE do you think all that oil on the road and in the ditches is coming from? Just wondering...
Well, not from the 4 wheelers!!!!!, the Road Dept put it down and tar for the gravel and work they did cleaning up the slides on river road from all the rain damage.......you people REALLY need to get a life and take your grudge and vendetta somewhere else. it's starting to get really immature and childish.
local

Spartanburg, SC

#514 May 28, 2011
amazing wrote:
coming from the county trucks spraying the roads. it is illegal to spray oil on roads and across creeks
funny

Spartanburg, SC

#515 May 28, 2011
Rain damage? The road is widened due to Brimstone BS. I guess you can call it whatever you want, since laws are being broke all over the county for Brimstone.
just me

Huntsville, TN

#516 May 28, 2011
You preach it brother, but they don't care the all mighty dollar has gave control to the devil. Lord help us.
just me

Huntsville, TN

#517 May 28, 2011
Just heard on the scanner stop a bunch of people at one of the trails going up on the mountain and found a bunch of drugs sending in the drug dogs, this is what Brimstone is for drugs and drinking and I wont no part of it The Devil is among us folks and we had better put him on the rum. I don't think this is what scott county needs .
local

Statesville, NC

#518 May 29, 2011
i believe the only help we will get from law inforcement is arrested ourselves, because we are the minority against brimstone
for coal

Wartburg, TN

#519 May 29, 2011
question are they any parking lots like at windrock at the start of most trails they spent alot of money to help keep atv's of main road. on brimestone with the entry way to most trails wide enough to build parking lots they need too. just like most things it would make sense,cost a little bit of money,and in return everyone is happy.if that many people come each year what they made this year could used to build some and next year hire someone to help with parking.
just me

Huntsville, TN

#520 May 29, 2011
What they make goes in their pockets and a few other peoples pocket..thats a laugh use their money to fix parking lots. They had better start fixing these other roads and let Brimstone Rec fix their own roads..Huntsville streets are full of pot holes from all this traffic..fix our streets Mayor Potter with all that money Brimstone Rec is bringing into the town. from what I hear all it amounts to is a DRUG and BEER FEST .... shame on you Town of Huntsville and Scott County for bringing trash in and just when we thought it was getting cleaned up. What a shame.
yes

Oneida, TN

#521 May 30, 2011
They claim we dont have the infrastructure for a factory to come in here for jobs but they sure had it to bring in all the trash to come ride the mountain this weekend.
mailman1pc

Columbia, SC

#522 Oct 24, 2011
seems strange that all the posts on this sight are 2years old! yes brimstone recreation does bring money to this area ,but more money to those who already have money. as far as trails go ,yes they put in more trails. iasked them not to put trails witin 100 ft. of my property lines so they encroached over the surveyed lines. after asking them to move the trail they did. 10 ft off of the property line !i bought my property for a retirement home , because it was quite, peaceful and isolated. trails now surround 60% of my property lines and there is no peace. only trash, niose, and run off from the ill kept trails which pollutes the branch which starts as clear springs on my property to be polluted by brimstone trail run off. it then kills fish , salamanders and other water life. i may have to open a primitive campground to recoup my investment! there are pros and conss for everyone for me it's a losing battle. don't have the time or money to fight mark love & cronies !
Wild Thing

Wartburg, TN

#523 Nov 7, 2011
just me wrote:
Just heard on the scanner stop a bunch of people at one of the trails going up on the mountain and found a bunch of drugs sending in the drug dogs, this is what Brimstone is for drugs and drinking and I wont no part of it The Devil is among us folks and we had better put him on the rum. I don't think this is what scott county needs .
Drugs and Drinking on Brimstone! I'am glad it's up there and not on the Highway's, think about it!!!!
well

Wartburg, TN

#524 Nov 9, 2011
Wild Thing wrote:
<quoted text>
Drugs and Drinking on Brimstone! I'am glad it's up there and not on the Highway's, think about it!!!!
DUH -- They were on the highway going in and out of Brimstone.That was a real bright statement.[sarcasm]
Ridin Dirty

Milford, OH

#525 Feb 27, 2013
I had no idea this was an issue, I thought it was legal to ride in the town, like at the Hatfield Mccoy trailhead cities, and Burning Rock in Wv, as long as you don't act a fool, you can ride to the local businesses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 26
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hardee's 3 hr BunkhouseBuck 9
Mindi King 4 hr Nunua 2
Presidential Election 7 hr Snarky2 2
Leford Sexton 7 hr scum 7
Oneida city election 8 hr vols 10
Has anybody seen Charlie Goad lately (Aug '10) 9 hr knew him 9
Best attorney 10 hr Yes 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntsville Mortgages