First Prev
of 26
Next Last
Wondering

Wartburg, TN

#1 May 13, 2009
I heard that 5000 riders are coming to Scott County for the big ride on Memorial weekend. Is this true???
crowley

Buffalo, NY

#2 May 13, 2009
more than likely because the White Knuckle is just like the Pocker Run but a lot better
Goody

Oneida, TN

#3 May 13, 2009
Where in the world would 5000 people stay in Huntsville? Get real!! Can you even imagine that many vehicles driving into Huntsville? There is no way!! Our sheriffs dept wouldn't stand a chance patroling that kind of mob. It would be chaos!! If it were true.
Wondering

Wartburg, TN

#4 May 13, 2009
i may have to check it out. im sure it will be crazy lol!!!
nevergettingout

Strunk, KY

#5 May 17, 2009
both motels in scott county are booked, as well as the one at the interstate, all the ones in caryville/lafollette,and most of them up 27 all the way to somerset.5000 is probably gonna be at the low end, there was a lot last year, but they expect this year to be even bigger.i think its stupid that you have to pay to ride on brimstone now, when you used to be able to just go up there for a fun ride to see the fall colors or the summer sun, but now mr love thinks he has to make money off of stuff he doesn't even own.thats so wrong and shows who has "friends"in scott county can get what they want, theirs or not.scott county is getting more corrupt by the day and its the people who are paying for it.
Brimstone Belle

Hattiesburg, MS

#8 Jun 16, 2009
I love riding Brimstone!=)
BRIMSTONE

Huntsville, TN

#10 Jun 18, 2009
The trails were there before "brimstone recreational" even came along. What are you going to do now that you cant even ride on Brimstone road without getting a ticket ( and for all of you who dont know, Brimstone is in Robbins... not the great Town of Hunstville with their fancy city ordinances).
Brimstone Belle

Hattiesburg, MS

#11 Jun 18, 2009
Yes, I think everyone realizes that Brimstone is located in both Huntsville and Robbins. Brimstone will go on just fine without being able to ride on the roads, the major thing about that is that it's going to hurt the community more in the long run for them not allowing them on the roads. If people would broaden their perspective and look at places like Hatfield McCoy, Harlan County, and well there are many more places like that, they would see what an impact that it can have on a community in the long run. Also, there are a lot of people from the Brimstone areas that also use those roads to ride to the riding area, so if anything it's not going to just effect Brimstone Recreation. Brimstone has parking areas to where people can park, the only thing it is not going to allow them to do is to go into town to eat, purchase fuel, to buy parts, etc. It's not going to hurt Brimstone, Brimstone is still a great place to ride...FYI people don't drive hours upon hours to ride on the county roads. Also, just to correct you on one statement, yes some of those trails were there, but this past 2 years they have added over 30 new trails that were not there before. Also, those trails were not maintained before. I'm not saying Brimstone didn't exist, it has existed for many many years, my grandfather was a coal miner up there, so I have heard many stories about Brimstone. I don't know if you know the whole story or not, but the reason Brimstone Recreation exists is because they are trying to keep riding areas like this OPEN. If you travel outside of Scott County, then you might see what that is like.(To see a place be closed off to no riding). To bring in tourists to Scott County, it not only takes just having trails, but it takes people maintaining them, promoting them, and making them available for other people to use(maps & signage). If you haven't noticed, we have lost our manufacturing companies in our county, so why is it so hard for people to open their eyes and see that we can bring in jobs with tourism??? If you ask any company in Huntsville, if they have been effected by Brimstone, I am sure a lot of them will say yes. This also means more tax money to the county.
totally outraged

Phoenix, AZ

#12 Jun 19, 2009
The TRAILS that you talk about were also in danger of being shut down!!! What did TWRA do to the trails up there? SHUT THEM DOWN!! As far as the ordinance goes you may need to look at that state law again! The town has every right to put ordinances in place! You are Just someone else wanting to hurt this county!Jobs have been created, new businesses formed & old businesses profitting.(With little to no expense to the county itself) I guess you sit around and talk about how poor the county is too don't you? Well, why not let the county grow? I would be real curious to know what your real problem is with Brimstone Recreation? I also live right in the middle of this and I'm not complaining about it! I think its a wonderful opportunity for this county. Maybe you should use your time to look up the impact the Hatfield McCoy trails have had on the economy for that area! Surprised!! Makes me sick that some people here are so closed minded! I for one happen to love my county and want to see it benefit!
BRIMSTONE wrote:
The trails were there before "brimstone recreational" even came along. What are you going to do now that you cant even ride on Brimstone road without getting a ticket ( and for all of you who dont know, Brimstone is in Robbins... not the great Town of Hunstville with their fancy city ordinances).
MTN GAL

Sunbright, TN

#13 Jun 19, 2009
I for one would like to commend Brimstone Recreation for what it has brought to our county. I see the positive impact it has made not only for the county businesses but county programs as well. I know for a fact that Brimstone has helped the unfortunate children of our community by assisting in fundraisers and lending a helping hand. Have you? I ride Brimstone, usually on a weekly basis, and my family members have all purchased riding permits. And beyond that we have purchased additional Brimstone apparel and proud to support and promote the county by doing so. I am a Scott Countian and proud of it but it bothers me to see that some people are so closed minded. Yes the Brimstone area has always been here and yes we rode it before it was "Brimstone Recreation" but there is not a single person who can honestly (honestly) say that Brimstone Recreation has not made a positive impact in the riding quality of the area. So for that I simply want to say THANKS BRIMSTONE RECREATION FOR EVERYTHING YOUR STAFF AND VOLUNTEERS HAVE DONE!
totally outraged

United States

#14 Jun 19, 2009
Just so that everyone who is against Brimstone knows, Brimstone donated money that was earned at the White Knuckle Event to the Scott County Rescue Squad, the Huntsville Fire Dept.& Morgan County Resue Squad. So for those of you who say they are not helping this county, What do you have to say about that?!
Goody

Huntsville, TN

#15 Jun 20, 2009
I say " I don't think so"! All you Brimstone lovers need to get a life! It does not benefit our county anymore than big south fork does. I am a business owner and I can say brimstone is the only one that benefits. I live in Huntsville on river rd and have for many years. If anyone thinks atvs on county roads isn't a problem, drive down river rd. Then you will see why there is a law against it! Because it is dangerous! If you really believe this is going to make Scott county prosper, then you have inhaled too many gas fumes on your rides! Having respect for Scott county citizens that work and pay taxes is more important than a bunch of idiots riding up and down the roads. If you want to ride on brimstone then stay on brimstone! I fully support sheriff Lay. He must enforce this law before someone is hurt or even worse killed.
Brimstone Belle

Hattiesburg, MS

#16 Jun 20, 2009
Goody wrote:
I say " I don't think so"! All you Brimstone lovers need to get a life! It does not benefit our county anymore than big south fork does. I am a business owner and I can say brimstone is the only one that benefits. I live in Huntsville on river rd and have for many years. If anyone thinks atvs on county roads isn't a problem, drive down river rd. Then you will see why there is a law against it! Because it is dangerous! If you really believe this is going to make Scott county prosper, then you have inhaled too many gas fumes on your rides! Having respect for Scott county citizens that work and pay taxes is more important than a bunch of idiots riding up and down the roads. If you want to ride on brimstone then stay on brimstone! I fully support sheriff Lay. He must enforce this law before someone is hurt or even worse killed.
Just so you know, I have a life. I love my life!=) So you are saying that Brimstone is the only one that is benefited? I seriously can't believe you actually said that...makes me laugh.=) I know for a fact that Joe's Tires, Grand Vista, Fireside, Lee's Food Mart, Pizza Plus, Subway, Flonnies, Oneida Guest House, Comfort Inn, Trail's End Campground, Buck Fever Cabins, The Bluffs, C&K Cafe, Dollar General, Family Dollar, Wal-Mart, El Reys, Thompson's Yamaha, and Preston's have all benefited. They have all either thanked me at some point or have commented about all of the ATV riders that have been there. The only one that hasn't said something personally would be Wal-Mart and well...I know a lot of our riders go there because they ask where it is. I'm sure that's not all of them either.

In regards to the comment about Big South Fork, that might be a true statement I don't know? Big South Fork does bring in a lot of horseback riders, but what is wrong with bringing in even more tourists?=) I have heard that one of the main guys from Big South Fork (can't remember his name at the moment, but I'm sure I could find out if I really need to), actually said that he thought that Brimstone was a great asset to the county and that he even thought it brought in more tourists to our county than Big South Fork. Like I said, I don't know that for a fact, but that is just what I was told. I'm sure I could find out if you tell me how many visitors Big South Fork has each year. I could try and figure out how many people come to Brimstone.

FYI, I have never heard of anyone getting killed on any of the roads at Harlan County OR Hatfield McCoy. Not to say that it couldn't happen though, but I have never heard of it.=)

Who is Goody? I think these discussion boards are funny. It's almost as if it's a route for people that are too embarrased to really voice their opinions so they mask it on a crazy discussion board. Just in case anyone didn't read my earlier post this is Erika FROM BRIMSTONE.=) I'm not scared to tell my identity, because I stand personally behind every word I say.=)
Goody

Huntsville, TN

#17 Jun 21, 2009
I am a tax payer that lives on river road, my name is not the issue. You don't have to worry about someone vandalizing your property because you voiced your opinion. I do. I am not totally against Brimstone, but you all should realize that you have forced this upon us. I dont care how many riders come to Brimstone, and if they spend money here that's great! My biggest concern is the safety of my family and neighbors. Brimstone riders should stay on Brimstone trails. It's that simple. I think it's funny how you try and make it sound like Brimstone is only here for the good of the people, I know that is not the case.
totally outraged

United States

#18 Jun 21, 2009
IT SEEMS TO ME THAT WE ARE THE ONE THAT HAVE A LIFE (AN ENJOYABLE AT THAT)! I ALSO LIVE ON RIVER ROAD AND I OWN TRAILS END CAMPGROUND AND I PAY TAXES! I HAVE INVESTED ALOT OF MY PERSONAL MONEY TO TRY TO MAKE THIS WORK. I WAS ALSO AT THE MEETING WHEN THE MONIEW WERE DONATED SO IF ANYONE IS NOT TELLING THE TRUTH HERE IS CERTAINLY ISN'T ME! PICTURES WERE TAKEN!I AGREE WITH ERIKA! WANDERING WHY YOU WON'T GIVE YOUR REAL NAME? mINE IS MARLA HOWARD. I'M NOT RELATED TO ANYONE AT BRIMSTONE NOR DO I HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE BRIMSTONE OFFICE. I AM A SCOTT COUNTY CITIZEN, LIVED HERE ALL OF MY LIFE AND LOVE MY COUNTY. I ALSO LIVE HERE ON RIVER ROAD AND INSTEAD OF COMPLAINING (MAYBE YOU SHOULD SEE WHAT THE GOOD BOOK HAS TO SAY ABOUT COMPLAINERS!) I SAW AN OPPORTUNITY TO HELP! MAYBE YOU SHOULD TOO! I TRAVEL RIVER ROAD EVERYDAY AND I PERSONALLY WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE ENTIRE COUNTY OPENED UP TO ATV'S LIKE THE HATFIELD MCCOY TRAILS. wHAT AN IMPACT THOSE TRAILS HAVE HAD ON THE ECONOMY THERE. I HAVE A LIFE, A VERY BUSY ONE AT THAT!
Goody wrote:
Brimstone Belle

Hattiesburg, MS

#19 Jun 21, 2009
Well you don't have to give your name, honestly I think I know who you are anyway.=) You talk about people vandalizing, do you really think I would vandalize something of yours? I have never vandalized anything in my whole life. I also don't know anyone that is associated with Brimstone that would vandalize anything of anyones. Dudley? Nope...he's a preacher, I really doubt that. Mark? Don't think so...he wouldn't waste his time. Danny? Aaron? I don't see any of them vandalizing anything of yours. If anything, people against Brimstone have been the one to vandalize things.(in the past).

Since: Jun 09

Oneida, TN

#20 Jun 21, 2009
who gives a crap if people wanna ride let um ride it aint a big deal. how else is scott county going to make cash anyway

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#21 Jun 21, 2009
would like to see some sort of compromise worked out

i mean this county needs all the tax revenue it can get and any outside money spent in this county would be great.

but it also seems like if you give someone an inch they take a foot. which is the case with the atv thing

if people riding 4 wheelers would obide by the same speed laws that the regular motor vehicles has to obide by there probably wouldnt be so much complaining.

but i dont know if that will ever happen

i am not for or against brimstone they have some pros and cons but i am for business in this county.

i dont see a problem with atvs on back roads but we do need some laws in place to protect the safety of everyone.

these laws need to be posted and advised and law breakers would need to be punished accordingly.

just my view i dont even have an atv and wouldnt have time to ride it if i did but that dont mean that no one shouldnt. but if i did have an atv and did ride it it is my place to be respectful to others.

if i am out in the mountains and i feel like letting go that is fine but passing by in front of peoples houses i might should be more respectful to their quiet time as well as my desire to ride
Goody

Huntsville, TN

#22 Jun 21, 2009
Thank you so much! Respect is all I was asking for. And erika I never said anyone at brimstone were vandals, I was referring to local atv riders that do not agree with my point of view. Thanks again busyboy great post!
MTN GAL

Robbins, TN

#23 Jun 21, 2009
I bet if the truth be known Goody has children who ride Brimstone on a regular basis and ride River Road on ATVs at that!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 26
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
discreet sex (Feb '11) 2 hr bbw 44
Singles Forum 3 hr bigsmo 364
sheriff dept 12 hr Concerned citizen 23
Chasatie is planning on Putting me in Jail. Apr 22 UlaswiczBH 1
I Switched my Profile Pic. Apr 21 UlaswiczBH 1
My Mother Dee Miller is Bad Sick. Apr 21 UlaswiczBH 1
My Daughter Chasatie Lowery is a Miracle. Apr 21 UlaswiczBH 1
More from around the web

Huntsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE