Photo Gallery: ATV riders navigate Brimstone Recreation area

May 27, 2011 Full story: Knoxville News Sentinel 16

Denny Humphreys, right, looks on as Christy Harness, left, navigates an obstacle course in her side-by-side all terrain vehicle at the Brimstone Recreation ATV area near Huntsville, Tenn., Wednesday, May 25, 2011.

Full Story
Thatsright

Wartburg, TN

#1 May 27, 2011
Ever read state law? The ATV riding in Scott County is illegal. All county officials and law enforcement, both Highway Patrol and county sheriff's department involved, are guilty of criminal conspiracy. The law enforcement and others are guilty of negligence. Brimstone Recreation is directly involved in racketeering and possibly other crimes. There are other offices in complicity with these crimes. No municipality can pass "laws" that supersede state law. Those creating any related laws to allow the breaking of state law have broken the law.
OCTO-Tighe

Oneida, TN

#2 May 27, 2011
Thatsright wrote:
Ever read state law? The ATV riding in Scott County is illegal. All county officials and law enforcement, both Highway Patrol and county sheriff's department involved, are guilty of criminal conspiracy. The law enforcement and others are guilty of negligence. Brimstone Recreation is directly involved in racketeering and possibly other crimes. There are other offices in complicity with these crimes. No municipality can pass "laws" that supersede state law. Those creating any related laws to allow the breaking of state law have broken the law.
READ THE HISTORICAL MARKER ON THE SCOTT COUNTY COURT HOUSE SQUARE*

The Independent State Of Scott!
taxpayer

Huntsville, TN

#3 May 27, 2011
Quit bitching and shut up...If you don't like it stay away..This is the only thing going good for this county, and you bitch about it..If we didn't have tourism then this place would be way worse than it already is....
just me

Huntsville, TN

#4 May 27, 2011
Used to be a nice quiet place that I liked to call home...not anymore...I am ashamed that county officals let this go on..4 wheelers on the main roads...geez I believe I will get out my lawn mower and head off down the 4 lane..about the same as a 4 wheeler, sad part is no one seems to care that they are breaking the law...maybe my horse can ride on 63 also..holding up traffic and such...just wait until tomorrow night if you think they last class act was a drunk ..this one will beat him...but thats all it is is one big drinking party..
funny

Statesville, NC

#5 May 29, 2011
Thats what they want Scott County to be is a big party place for ATVs. They are hoping people move off there land close to the trails so they can buy and make camping places. I can see it now in the headlines that Scott County is on the best places to live list for retirement and recreation. If you want to drink and do drugs while riding your ATV folks, just come to Scott County. Law enforcement won't bother you if your are not extremely reckless. An ATV wrecked on River Rd. and police car just passed by like it wasn't even there. Scott County is on the best places to live list also for setting out defenseless animals. I heard one of Brimstones wealthiest is guilty of setting out 3 dogs on River Rd. near the Winona bridge. Also folks, along with retirement and recreation, just bring your defenseless animals to Scott County for abandoment. We don't care about animals.
justin

Parkers Lake, KY

#6 May 29, 2011
half of these people that complain about atv r just mad because they cant buy one prob have no job live off the gove of tn and rippen tenn care off oh every one on that mt top was drunk and high even the kids the law and your fearless leader rl yall missed a heck of a time
just me

Huntsville, TN

#7 May 29, 2011
Heard they had to send drug dogs up and arrested a few people didn't go my self but saw pics and it looked like a beer and drug fest to me. Heard the main attraction didn't even sing, probably to drunk or druged to sing oh well way to go scott county thanks for bringing all this in for us who could ask for more..tring to get drugs out and a few special people bring it in..
justin

Parkers Lake, KY

#8 May 29, 2011
THEY WAS REALLY STRICKED ON ALC THIS YEAR I DINT C ANY DOGS YEAH COE SING AND HE SING THE PG VERSION I ONLY HEARD HIM SAY GD ONCE IT WASENT THAT GREAT I THINK THEY WENT BACK ON THIS ONE OVER 15000 PEOPLE BURNS AND POE WASENT THAT GREAT O WELL STILL HAD A GOOD TIME OH THE GUARDS WERE ASSHOLES BIG TIME
they were hot

Fort Campbell, TN

#9 May 29, 2011
Who was the girls at the register tent? They were awesome
Just a thought

Huntsville, TN

#10 May 29, 2011
They need better restrooms,a better set up for people in for wheelchairs,and better bands.
rider

Wartburg, TN

#11 May 31, 2011
Thatsright wrote:
The ordinance stands until proven invalid! a lawyer (Don Stansberry) wrote the ordinance. hire you a lawyer, spend about $10,000-$20,000 in attorney and court fees and prove it's illegal. if not shut your mouth....simple as that
never again

Oliver Springs, TN

#12 May 31, 2011
i seen people being harnessed at this event they paid good money to attended this event cooler's check not only check they actually put there hand's in cooler's and moved thing's around i was one i have went to these event's every since they started and i will not return as far as the achool drinking going on it's not those people bothering anyone usually someone not drinking at all.it's crap.i clean up trials when i ride and pick up more coke can's or bottles than i do beer,give me a break if you take it riding with you then take it home with you.i was told concert was awful i was so mad after they searched my cooler i didn't even go in and i could have I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way.meet a real nice girl on the trail from KY.sweet person, I'm female and straight i have never meet a bad person up there until we got to the gate so done so i won't pick up trash on the trails again,i Will take home with me what i bring but i won't be on brimstone.
really

Huntsville, TN

#13 Aug 4, 2011
Oh whine ,whine ,whine Just move already if you don't like it here . You ain't gonna change anything so deal with it . This is stupid . Alot of people love the event 50x more than the ones that hate it and complain on here ? So , just keep complaining it isn't gonna do much but maybe make you feel better but ,hey go for it . While everyone else is lookin forward to it !!!!!
Just Saying

Wartburg, TN

#14 Jan 8, 2012
just me wrote:
Used to be a nice quiet place that I liked to call home...not anymore...I am ashamed that county officals let this go on..4 wheelers on the main roads...geez I believe I will get out my lawn mower and head off down the 4 lane..about the same as a 4 wheeler, sad part is no one seems to care that they are breaking the law...maybe my horse can ride on 63 also..holding up traffic and such...just wait until tomorrow night if you think they last class act was a drunk ..this one will beat him...but thats all it is is one big drinking party..
If your lawn mower will run 55 mph, then go for it, becareful, you might meet auto drivers like you not paying any attention and you might get run over!
Just Saying

Wartburg, TN

#15 Jan 8, 2012
funny wrote:
Thats what they want Scott County to be is a big party place for ATVs. They are hoping people move off there land close to the trails so they can buy and make camping places. I can see it now in the headlines that Scott County is on the best places to live list for retirement and recreation. If you want to drink and do drugs while riding your ATV folks, just come to Scott County. Law enforcement won't bother you if your are not extremely reckless. An ATV wrecked on River Rd. and police car just passed by like it wasn't even there. Scott County is on the best places to live list also for setting out defenseless animals. I heard one of Brimstones wealthiest is guilty of setting out 3 dogs on River Rd. near the Winona bridge. Also folks, along with retirement and recreation, just bring your defenseless animals to Scott County for abandoment. We don't care about animals.
Drugs and alcohol was here a long time before 4-wheelers.
resident

Davidson, NC

#16 Jan 13, 2012
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
Drugs and alcohol was here a long time before 4-wheelers.
Great, now we drink and use drugs legally as long as we are driving our ATVs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scott Co. Commission to Consider Tax; Industria... 2 hr Citizen 15
Does Anyone Know Where Christina Bussell Is Loc... (Apr '13) 3 hr Christinas sis 16
gonna get her 3 hr Karma 10
any church around here perform commitment cere... 5 hr always his 15
Johnny Taylor 6 hr Teak 2
Girls At MCdonalds 10 hr Customer 1
Who owns the old krystal building in Oneida? 13 hr Cable Guy 23
Huntsville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Huntsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Huntsville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Huntsville