First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Hop

Stanton, KY

#1 Feb 7, 2013
On fb a boycott brimstone page is up. They have implemented a policy of you have to stay at a approved lodging on their list an of course higher rates. Lots of places was left off including trails end campground. We bought our passes in january an no one told us of this. They wont tell me where to spend my money. You?
geez

Pine Knot, KY

#2 Feb 8, 2013
That can't be right that you "have to", but they can recommend/suggest/advertise those places. I think they should also list ALL options that are available in the area, cause not all people coming there have the same circumstances or wish lodging of the same type.
Mikey

Stanton, KY

#3 Feb 9, 2013
Yep. Read the site! It says if you dont stay at a approved lodging you cant ride brimstone
protest

Oak Ridge, TN

#4 Feb 10, 2013
They are going to be a protest at Brimstone by there office on the 23rd of Feb
Simple

Sunbright, TN

#5 Feb 10, 2013
Why protest? It's their business. If they want to run themselves out of business, let them. With them gone, it will revert back to the state it was in before they took over, until someone else steps in and takes it over again.

They had a good concept and a great opportunity. In my opinion, they have blown it with this decision.
Southern RZR Riders

Atlanta, GA

#6 Feb 11, 2013
Simple wrote:
Why protest? It's their business. If they want to run themselves out of business, let them. With them gone, it will revert back to the state it was in before they took over, until someone else steps in and takes it over again.
They had a good concept and a great opportunity. In my opinion, they have blown it with this decision.
Why, cause its just taking away a persons civil rights, they see and advertize their place to the public and to say you must stay where they say or you are not allowed to buy a permit is not only illegal its discrimination. They also want to exclude the local guys who ride their off road jeeps, crawlers,trucks or vw buggys by requiring proof off a 1 million dollar insurance policy before they will sell you a permit. They excluded the trails end cabins and campgrounds from the list to try and put them out of business even though they have made Scott county and brimstone rec. many thousands dollars in revenues. Boycott Brimstone till they resend this bad for everybody rules.
101st A

Cleveland, TN

#7 Feb 11, 2013
This is going to hurt Brimstone profits despite what Mark says. He thinks he can bluff his way through this. Sadly, he is mistaken. Due to the forums this news is all over the country and it REALLY sounds bad on his part.
FedUp

Clinton, TN

#8 Feb 11, 2013
I, for one, am fed up with Brimstone Recreations high handed attitude. I have bought and annual permit for several years to ride Brimstone Recreation trails. Then along comes hunting season and I can no longer ride trails 23 and 25. I consider that a breach of my riding permit contract. NO MORE!!!

I hope BR goes out of business. The riding area will revert to TWRA, which holds the recreational rights to all of the Brimstone leased property. The trails will still be open. Since TWRA is already in the ORV park business, this should only expand the WMA.
bonzo

Mount Sterling, KY

#9 Feb 11, 2013
I will not be told were I can and cant stay and or spend my money.
Know it all

United States

#10 Feb 11, 2013
FedUp wrote:
I, for one, am fed up with Brimstone Recreations high handed attitude. I have bought and annual permit for several years to ride Brimstone Recreation trails. Then along comes hunting season and I can no longer ride trails 23 and 25. I consider that a breach of my riding permit contract. NO MORE!!!
I hope BR goes out of business. The riding area will revert to TWRA, which holds the recreational rights to all of the Brimstone leased property. The trails will still be open. Since TWRA is already in the ORV park business, this should only expand the WMA.
Those trails are closed so mark has his own private hunting area....imagine that
SouthernSXSrider s

Alto, GA

#11 Feb 11, 2013
Mr. Loves remarks "I'm not worried about Southern SxS Riders' group, they're small and not important" is arrogant and shows his lack of intelligence. We have a rather large web-presence that in the end will give him a large-deep dog bite...
We also have contacts within the entertainment community......Hope his future stars scheduled for his up-coming events don't cancel at the last second..........
SadETn

Knoxville, TN

#12 Feb 11, 2013
This really shows poorly on our community. I will join my out of town friends and will never set foot on Brimstone property again until they go out of business and TWRA takes it over.
over him

Hermitage, TN

#13 Feb 11, 2013
Know it all wrote:
<quoted text>Those trails are closed so mark has his own private hunting area....imagine that
Yes this is true has nothing to do with TWRA like he has said before ! It's for his self . That little stunt has pissed many off all by its self .
Baditude

Englewood, CO

#14 Feb 11, 2013
I think it's wrong for them to say where I must stay in order to ride their trails.

Then to goto the extent of having the signs for Trails End campground removed from along the roadside is over the top.

Brutal business tactics / politics and I will only support Trails End and TWRA. Apparently we as customers don't matter, may you reap what you sow
Wayne

Richmond, KY

#15 Feb 11, 2013
SouthernSXSriders wrote:
Mr. Loves remarks "I'm not worried about Southern SxS Riders' group, they're small and not important" is arrogant and shows his lack of intelligence. We have a rather large web-presence that in the end will give him a large-deep dog bite...
We also have contacts within the entertainment community......Hope his future stars scheduled for his up-coming events don't cancel at the last second..........
When did he say that?
bevbailey

Gainesboro, TN

#16 Feb 11, 2013
Brimstone...I am not with Southern SXS but I ride a SXS and I am listening to what's being said and I don't like it!!
4x4 sweetie

Charlotte, NC

#17 Feb 11, 2013
It's absurd! Channel 10 news was in the county today covering this story. Who cares what the "root " cause of all of this is. Get it together and listen to the riders! We the riders should be able to lodge where we want when we want. Mark Love is acting like he's back in kindergarten, you made me made so I'm taking my toys and you can't play with them. Boo friggen hoo! Get over yourself! And as for mayor potter wanting to be interviewed and siding with Brimstone!!!??? You are a political figure in this town, voted in by the PEOPLE, you can't pick sides!!! We all know Mark is your buddy and you're getting your pockets lined! Stay out of it!!!!!! Or better yet, do what's right! I soooo wish this had happened before elections so both your sorry butts would have been voted out! Don't forget about this folks when the next election roles around!!
mason thomas

Ridgeway, VA

#18 Feb 11, 2013
i am from Va. i drive 5 hrs to get there still coming back to Trailsend campground to ride not on Brimestone Trailsend campground is the best place to stay. hope this hurts Brimestone bad
over him

Hermitage, TN

#19 Feb 11, 2013
4x4 sweetie wrote:
It's absurd! Channel 10 news was in the county today covering this story. Who cares what the "root " cause of all of this is. Get it together and listen to the riders! We the riders should be able to lodge where we want when we want. Mark Love is acting like he's back in kindergarten, you made me made so I'm taking my toys and you can't play with them. Boo friggen hoo! Get over yourself! And as for mayor potter wanting to be interviewed and siding with Brimstone!!!??? You are a political figure in this town, voted in by the PEOPLE, you can't pick sides!!! We all know Mark is your buddy and you're getting your pockets lined! Stay out of it!!!!!! Or better yet, do what's right! I soooo wish this had happened before elections so both your sorry butts would have been voted out! Don't forget about this folks when the next election roles around!!
I need to watch the news this evening then If the story is on there . The mayor really needs to watch what he is saying . He cld find his self in some real hot water to .
Sxs passenger

Knoxville, TN

#20 Feb 11, 2013
Has anyone stopped long enough to find out what the real reason is behind not approving Trails End? Everyone is assuming its money and greed issues but I garauntee that smart business people who like making money would not just cut off a tie. Before you "boycott brimstone" check into the issue and the real reason!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chris Lewallen (Apr '14) 2 hr wtf 59
sandy,machell, valerie,kathy habitat resale store 3 hr Shopper4 5
Powerball 3 hr wife 14
Mayor Dale Perdue 3 hr Ha Ha Ha 176
da bus 3 hr drums 7
Why the Onieda prayer was actually offensive. 4 hr The Hitch 22
True Value Homes 4 hr Very Disappointed 1
Huntsville Dating
Find my Match

Huntsville Jobs

Huntsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Huntsville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Huntsville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]