8 Year-Old Boy Killed By Dad's Lawn Mower

Full story: WHNT News 19 251
An 8 year-old boy was killed Tuesday afternoon in Madison County after being accidentally run over by his father's lawnmower. Full Story
First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Schneider

Huntsville, AL

#1 Apr 20, 2010
We are praying for you.
Gurley Mom

Dubuque, IA

#2 Apr 20, 2010
Keeping the Malone family in our prayers. May the Lord comfort them in this difficult time.
kristiner

Dubuque, IA

#3 Apr 20, 2010
How horrible!
May God bless this poor family!
HSVguy

Huntsville, AL

#4 Apr 20, 2010
Seem odd how a riding (I assume) mower could run over even an 8 year old. Nonetheless prayers and thougths to the family and friends!!!
praying

United States

#5 Apr 20, 2010
If you have heard about the wreck that occurred on HWY 72 E at about the same time this evening, it was this boys parents and older brother. They were traveling behind the ambulance and were struck by another vehicle, driven by a teenage girl that they believe did not yield right of way. The dad was ok, the brother had minor injuries, and the mother was complaining of stomach pains. Please pray for this family because they are having a very traumatic night.
hsvBOY

Port Saint Joe, FL

#6 Apr 20, 2010
praying for the family. god bless the malones
Omat

United States

#7 Apr 20, 2010
May god bless this family its very sad. I too went threw this about seven years but my brother survive,although he lost one leg.thoughts and prayers out to the family accidents happen.
wilson

Montgomery, AL

#8 Apr 20, 2010
everyone needs to pray for the malone family. to lose a child is the worst thing that can happen to any parent.
Ashley

Bossier City, LA

#9 Apr 20, 2010
I know this family and love them. This is such a horrible accident and I will always keep them in my prayers :(
Proud_to_live_he re

Huntsville, AL

#10 Apr 20, 2010
Please continue with prays as this mother goes through surgery tonight. May God be with the family and all envolved.
praying wrote:
If you have heard about the wreck that occurred on HWY 72 E at about the same time this evening, it was this boys parents and older brother. They were traveling behind the ambulance and were struck by another vehicle, driven by a teenage girl that they believe did not yield right of way. The dad was ok, the brother had minor injuries, and the mother was complaining of stomach pains. Please pray for this family because they are having a very traumatic night.
Heartbroke momaw

Auburn, AL

#11 Apr 20, 2010
My prayers are with this family;just when you think you have it bad you hear of things like this which are a horrible accident and turn of events that will scar this family for life...PLEASE everyone take a moment to pray for this family.I do not know them myself but I do understand heartbreak...
person18

Iowa City, IA

#12 Apr 20, 2010
just to let everyone know, hemsi,and all the volunteer firedepartments arrived as fast as they could. hemsi's closest station is on winchester road so they had quite a ways to come
SAD

United States

#13 Apr 20, 2010
This is a terrible thing. My payers go out to the family.
Brett and Petra

United States

#14 Apr 20, 2010
Our hearts and prayers go out to this boy and his surviving family. I can not imagine losing one of mine it would be devastating. The only thing one can do is turn to their faith.
Jkl

Decatur, AL

#15 Apr 20, 2010
Man that is awful. The child had to be following the lawn mower. And was backed over. What a sad time for the family. Far as the responders, im sure they got their fast as they could... the boy is in heaven,a place we all want to be.Their community needs too come together for this family. They will need lots of friends and family to keep them going. Most of all is the higer power the Lord. n my prayers.
bgizzle

Davenport, IA

#16 Apr 20, 2010
person18 wrote:
just to let everyone know, hemsi,and all the volunteer firedepartments arrived as fast as they could. hemsi's closest station is on winchester road so they had quite a ways to come
and just so you know a volunteer fire dept and first responder building is less than 2 miles away....
kristi

Guin, AL

#17 Apr 20, 2010
GOD BLESS THIS FAMILY-
Responder

Port Saint Joe, FL

#18 Apr 20, 2010
My thoughts and prayers are with you. In a event like this it always seems like its taking forever for help to arrive. You have to remember that in the county it is strictly volunteer and help is not always guaranteed as soon as some expect. The county does not have maned stations. HEMSI and County fire did a great job today. I hope everyone moves their attention to the family which has had a tremendous loss and not towards the neighbors that serve to help neighbors. Prayers are sent buddy. Please remember this family in your prayers. RIP Shane I know your in heaven now.
Proud_to_live_he re

Huntsville, AL

#19 Apr 20, 2010
Not only do we need to pray for this family. But we also need to pray for the FD, HEMSI Paramedics, ER staff(doctors, nurses, registration reps, and the patient family reps). If you think that the loss of this child wasn't shared by all, then you are wrong. I saw first hand that tears of men and women that took care of this young child. This event has had such an impact on the entire Madison County community. I hope and pray that everyone provides loving and supportive comments for this family and for all envovled.
Appalled

Overland Park, KS

#20 Apr 20, 2010
bgizzle wrote:
<quoted text>
and just so you know a volunteer fire dept and first responder building is less than 2 miles away....
Youre correct. The fire station is close.It is easy to cast stones and place blame but now isnt the time. Support the family, keep them in your thoughts and prayers. And next time you think about complaining about a service that is provided free, and selflessly, ask yourself what have you done to remedy the "issue". If your answer is simply complaining, and pointing fingers, then its your turn to put up and give back to the community or shut up and support the ones that do VOLUNTEER.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hundreds line up for open casting call for 'Spa... (Jul '12) 8 hr Jav 2
"The Station" coming to Bridgestreet (Mar '09) 22 hr ThomasA 11
Dr Whitt southcare clinic Tue Hung out to dry 1
The 10 coolest Rocket City inventions on displa... Nov 24 Kid_Tomorrow 1
Jason Klonowski murder investigation (Dec '13) Nov 19 Mr Sparkles 41
101 Inventions That Changed the World--Which do... Nov 16 SpaceBlues 2
Christmas Charities Year Round Accepting Applic... (Sep '10) Nov 14 Jackie brown 7
Huntsville Dating
Find my Match

Huntsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Huntsville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Huntsville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:37 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:37PM
Zach Mettenberger sends himself to selfie rehab