ALDOT wants Huntsville to close large homeless camp under I-565 by January

Sep 30, 2013 Full story: Alabama Live 7

HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - The Alabama Department of Transportation division engineer for the Huntsville area said he expects city officials to come up with a plan by the first of the year for closing a large homeless camp under Interstate 565.

Full Story
Cheryl Wright

Madison, AL

#1 Sep 30, 2013
This is wrong. A pal of mine from high school lives there. He does not hurt anyone and has been living there over 10 years. He was abused by Mr. Pig as a child and now suffers from the guilt and an addiction to gold spray paint. Leave Eddie and the Pooers alone.
Big Luther Strange

Huntsville, AL

#2 Sep 30, 2013
They should make all those homeless folks employees of ALDOT, and put them to work cleaning up the trash thrown out from all the rich white repubicans driving up and down the interstates while on vacation rolling in their gas guzzling SUV's. Drive through ANY neighborhood along where I-565 sliced through the middle of our once beautiful Rocket City, and you'll see all the trash wafting around, never ever picked up... just chopped up by ALDOT mowers for Huntspatchians to look at day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year... until these poor people vomit blood out of their eyes and go blind.

The homeless turned ALDOT employees would have great salaries, "cadillac" health insurance plans, endless weeks of vacation and sick leave, fully funded 401k retirement accounts, cool fluorescent green safety vest & shiny white hardhats with cool nicknames on them, dressing up looking all important looking, and standing around all day long enjoying the sunshine chatting about how great bama football is... like the white trash rednecks we see presently see loitering around Alabama's hundreds of perpetual road construction jobs.

Then like those over-educated over-paid white collar welfare NASA & DoD enginerds, sitting on their lazy fat drunk & stupid white butts three or four days a week working (?) maybe five or six hours a day, creating stacks of worthless "red tape" paperwork... the homeless wouldn't need obamacare or any other government handouts either and they could buy 6,000 square foot McMansions for their trophy wives & spoiled kids.
Ken Littrel

Madison, AL

#4 Oct 3, 2013
I was driving on the interstate ramps Sunday after church with my family heading to my son's trombone recital,when I saw a middle age man taking a dump. This is disgusting. My kids saw this. It was spewing from him. Now my older kids are calling little Stewart's trombone "Rusty". I am not sure why they wont stop. But this depravity has damaged my family forever.
David Chamberlame

Huntsville, AL

#5 Oct 3, 2013
When repubican governor Bentley's ALDOT and the well-off rich repubicans that run Huntsville shut down the poor folks homeless camp, they should all move to the free-to-the-public Brahan Spring park off of Drake Avenue.

Why doesn't the city build a campground there for its poor homeless people?

It won't affect land values there, because the area is already considered low value.

Restroom facilities are already there and could be expanded to add showers and hand clothes washing areas.

More cookout grills could be added to what is already there. Plenty of firewood in that pine thicket over by Milton Frank Stadium.

The homeless could be given access to the public Brahan Spring Natatorium swimming pool, where they can exercise and clean up at those showers.

They could use Milton Frank Stadium to play football games in, and they could use the parking lot for other homeless activities.

Churches could donate fishing tackle so the homeless could catch fish out of the springs & lake that the public already fishes from.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
Eddie Allen

Huntsville, AL

#9 Oct 4, 2013
Fagula, we are living the life.
Urban campers living off the fat of the land!
Yes we are living life large... abundant sunshine, plenty of fresh air, sleeping under the stars, bathing pissing & shyting anywhere we want and never wiping our butts, treating the world as our toilet, pushing some of the best shopping carts around (mines a cool yellow one I borrowed from Dollar General), and with Huntspatch having a wealthy population of overpaid under-worked government employees that eat all their meals in upscale restaurants, we get some of the best dumpster leftovers available.

Life on the streets is good my man, and when we set up our new cribs at the Brahan Spring I'm gonna be swimming in that free-to-the-homeless olympic size heated swimming pool and over at that lake "gone fishing"!
fagula wrote:
These homeless camps sound dreamy. Men bathing in the open. I wish I was homeless. I am selling everything. I want a shopping cart that I can make FABULOUS. Cant wait for this dream for Huntsville comes true.
will reddock

Huntsville, AL

#10 Nov 29, 2013
Poor little Ken's family has been tramatized by a reality of life. I guess poor little Stewart never has to relieve hiimself. I suppose because this tramatized family has a silverlined commode to use, he figures everyone has and is just too lazy to use it. Get off your high horse clown, for you are no better than these people in God's eyes? You just might be in these people's position in life if you keep sticking your nose in the air!
Ken Littrel wrote:
I was driving on the interstate ramps Sunday after church with my family heading to my son's trombone recital,when I saw a middle age man taking a dump. This is disgusting. My kids saw this. It was spewing from him. Now my older kids are calling little Stewart's trombone "Rusty". I am not sure why they wont stop. But this depravity has damaged my family forever.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#11 Nov 29, 2013
will reddock wrote:
Poor little Ken's family has been tramatized by a reality of life. I guess poor little Stewart never has to relieve hiimself. I suppose because this tramatized family has a silverlined commode to use, he figures everyone has and is just too lazy to use it. Get off your high horse clown, for you are no better than these people in God's eyes? You just might be in these people's position in life if you keep sticking your nose in the air!<quoted text>
Bullshiz!!!! Most of these so called "homeless" people are there not because of economic conditions ,but because they choose to be maggots. If the public would quit enabling their lifestyle and give only to groups helping those who want to help themselves, then the scum would move on somewhere else. These people are like old stray dogs: you feed them and they hang around, quit feeding them and they move on. Never ever give them money regardless of their sad sick wife, broke down car, the VA won't help them, and whatever sad tales they can conjure up. The vermin prowling the neighborhood from the Downtown Rescue Mission has helped ruin the University Drive area between Rideout and Pulaski Pike . The so called "soup kitchens" have ruined North Parkway between University and Sparkman. No business owner or customer wants to put up with the flies that those places attract.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dr Whitt southcare clinic 16 hr Hung out to dry 1
"The Station" coming to Bridgestreet (Mar '09) Mon tamir rice 10
The 10 coolest Rocket City inventions on displa... Mon Kid_Tomorrow 1
Jason Klonowski murder investigation (Dec '13) Nov 19 Mr Sparkles 41
101 Inventions That Changed the World--Which do... Nov 16 SpaceBlues 2
Christmas Charities Year Round Accepting Applic... (Sep '10) Nov 14 Jackie brown 7
Man Sufferes 100 Orgasms A DAY Nov 13 ike Royyer 2
Huntsville Dating
Find my Match

Huntsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Huntsville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Huntsville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:20 am PST

ESPN11:20AM