Taking Action: Fake Check Scam Target...

Taking Action: Fake Check Scam Targets Avon Ladies

There are 20 comments on the WHNT News 19 story from Mar 12, 2010, titled Taking Action: Fake Check Scam Targets Avon Ladies. In it, WHNT News 19 reports that:

Ever get a letter in the mail with a check inside from someone you don't even know? Your eyes light up like dollar signs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHNT News 19.

lilangc1

Ontario, CA

#1 Jul 27, 2010
THIS IS WHAT MINE SAID:
Hello Sister,
Thanks for your response and I really appreciate it, My name is Anita godson,I am a devoted and real born a again christian with happy family and a daughter.I am freelance model.I am coming down to your area for a photo shoot,I started this business some weeks ago.I was introduced to Avon And I would like to purchase this Items with you on a dealership and not with the company bcos I am new on computer and I don't operate credit card that is why am dealing directly with you and I will appreciate if I can order this Product through you:
Super shock Mascara(Brown#.........1#
ANEW ULTIMATE Age Repair Night Cream 1.7fl oz......#2#
ANEW REVERSALIST Night Renewal Cream 241-241........#2#
ANEW REVERSALIST Day Renewal Cream SPF 25. 247-307..#1#
ANEW REVERSALIST Renewal Serum 338-247..........2#
Quantity of ANEW ULTIMATE Age Repair Cream Cleanser 998-857....#1#
Quantity of Clearskin® Cleansing Pads 037-710......#2#
This is my first shooting and first order that i will order from avon. I would need to know the total of all the products i requested,plus the necessary tax and also the name and address you want the payment sent to which will be payed through my sponsors and it can only pay you with money orders or certified check which you can cash instantly at your bank.i would be in your area soon so i would pick up the items in person and to meet our self.And i can take you as my rep so that any order time that i need any product again i can get in touch with you and i will want you to have the funds in advance and get the order down for me so that they will not be any delay and any problem before my arriver.I await your total cost.Thanks And God Bless You.
Jessica
philipians 1:6
THEN I ASKED HER WHERE CAN I LOCATE HER, WHEN EXACTLY WAS SHE GOING TO COME, HER TOTAL, & SHE SENT THIS:
Hello Sis,
Thanks for the information's. I am emailing you to let you know that your payment has been sent out and would arrive via USPS courier service within the next 48hrs,i also want you to know that the amount which was sent to you by my sponsor is more than your asking price because they mistakenly sent my traveling fees along with the money for my expenses,so i would also let you know the name and address which you would remit the rest of the funds to,i hope i can trust you with the rest of the funds for my returning ticket because people can be really funny nowadays .
Please let me know a soon as you get this emaiL...
Thanks And God Bless you..
Jassica
Romans 8 vs 28
SO BESIDES HER SPELLING AM I TALKING TO A JASSICA#WHICH SHE SPELLED JESSICA AT TIMES TOO) OR ANITA. I TELL HER I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANYTHING YET TILL FINALLY THE CHECK ARRIVED BUT I ALREADY READ ALL ABOUT THE AVON SCAMS. SHE EMAILED ME CALLING ME A THEIF & THAT THE FBI WERE ON THE CASE, WTH I NEVER EVEN CASHED THE CHECK, WHAT A WASTE OF TIME THESE IDIOTS ARE...
Teresa

AOL

#2 Aug 16, 2010
I also just recieved the same thing and the check is on the way i kept all the e-mails where do i turn all this in to? This is so sad I didn't fall for it but some one may or already have so sad people like this out there
Thank you
jenn

Boston, MA

#3 Aug 21, 2010
i got this same exact email and did sort of fall for it she sent me a check in the wrong name and it was for over 1,00dollars i canceled her order and havent contacted her again
Livia Curtis

Quebeck, TN

#4 Sep 10, 2010
It happen to me I just haven't gotten the check. My avon manager told me to not deposit the check and I should call the bank sometime today to let them know about this thing. Because I know a thousand of others who sell the product around town. I figured it out after a while after I had order the products and hit the send button for my orders. Now I owe avon so much money for falling for a scam.
Cris

El Cajon, CA

#5 Sep 23, 2010
This is still happening. I am in California and just received a check today for $2500. Just like you mentioned in the article from March, I was to deduct money for order and send back the difference. The check was made out to me from Island Cruise wear out of Hialeah Florida, but the messenger is from the Philippines.

I am turning this over to authorities hoping they can follow whatever trail they have.
Yen

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Sep 26, 2010
i have the same problem too..i receive a check in the mail that was a bit more over the amount also. it was 2,050,00 and this person also told me to deduct the amount and sent through to western union..he also told me that his manager made a mistake..I have the same problem as Lisa Taylor..and I just started out as a new avon rep.I receive this from this person.

Hello

Good to hear from you below is the items needed.

FRAGRANCE
Simple Elements Meadow Dew Eau de Toilette Splash..........2)Product number(588-688)

In Bloom(Resse Witherspoon).........2)Product number(442-134)

Petal by Cynthia Rowley Eau de Toilette Spray..........3) Get this item no for me?

Bond Girl 007..........4)Product number(865-858)

MAKEUP
ANEW Youth-Awakening
Lipstick..........2).........S unset pink)Product number(074-341)

ANEW Wrinkle Zone Line

Smoothing
Duo..........3).........Deep) Get this item no for me?

12-in-1 Eye Palette ....Product number(434-751) & Super Curlacious Mascara....Product number(441-669)
ANEW Duo Deep..........2).........Navy Blue or Black)Product number(239-996)

My name is Mark Nelson,I am from baltimore Maryland and will be coming to you for a showbiz. We have prefer to order online but for now all purchases in our company are done with paper payment so i would love you to place the order for me. I would need to know the total of all the products i requested for and also the name and address you want the payment sent to and also a phone number i can reach you on.After you send me this information the Manager of our company will mail you a check for the payment,which you can cash instantly at your bank because we

need these items there in baltimore before the date of the event and they will be picked up at your location Upon my Arrival in StatesI hope to read from you soon with all details required..

1- Name to be written on the certified check
2- Mailing address , No p.o.box
3- Phone Number
4- City
5- Zip Code
6- State

Thank you and enjoy your day.

Mark Nelson (Assistant Personnel Manager)
BELA NOVA MODEL MANAGEMENT
206 N LIBERTY ST # 3
BALTIMORE, MD 21201
ILM

Huntington Woods, MI

#7 Sep 30, 2010
I received an email today and I knew instantly it was a scam. This is the email that I received:

Thanks for your response and i really appreciate it ,My name is Cindy Jessica, I am deaf and also a single mother of 2 kids,I got your sales and contact from Avon and i will be more happy to have you as my Avon Rep And I would like to purchase this Items with you on a dealership and not with the company cause i am new on the computer and internet and i don't operate a credit card that is why am dealing directly with you,i will appreciate if i can order this Product through you once you have the funds from me for the products . All the products i want to order from you is my first order this year . I will want you to get back to me with the total cost of the listed item i want to order from you below

- 2 Pieces of ANEW REJUVENATE Revitalizing Duo 492-968
- 3 Pieces of Clearskin® Professional Deep Pore Cleansing Scrub 436-716
- 3 Pieces of Solutions Winter Fabulously Clean Cleanser 254-290
- 3 Pieces of Clearskin® Professional Clarifying Toner Pads 436-720
- 5 Pieces of Holiday Luxuries Cosmetics Bag 263-488
- 5 Pieces of Light Up Tweezer 945-851
- 5 Pieces of All Over Kabuki Face Brush 397-062

Please kindly let me know if there is any discount you want to give me on my first order, and also you don't need to worry about the shipping and the pick up of the order from your location that will be handle through my Shipper after you have receive the funds for the order . And as for the payment ,I will be paying you through a bank Certified check ,So get back to me with your full name and physical contact address,not P.O box please course i intend mailing out payment via Fedex or UPS and they don't deliver to P.O.box mailing address,get back to me soon so that i can arrange on how the payment will be mail out to your address for the order through my financial bank . I await your response asap .
Thanks a lot

cindy jessica
Lbarbeau

Middleburg, PA

#8 Oct 7, 2010
I got one of those today. I am so glad I decided to check them out before I went ahead with the order. Something told me it didn't sound right. this is the email I got.
How are u doing today? Good to hear from you.I am glad to read from you...i am Mary Bobby by name.....I lived in My our own house with my husband, my daughter and 2 house maids. I will be coming over for a showbiz in one of the Hotels Conference hall around you shortly. and i will like you you to be my permanent Rep..Can you be my permanent Rep?We have prefer to order on-line but for now all purchases in our company are done with paper payment so i would love you to place the order for me.Below are the list of items needed:

bath & body : body lotion

SKIN SO SOFT Ultra Even Radiant Glow Body Lotion

228-260 (3)

fragrance : prestige fragrances

In Bloom by Reese Witherspoon Limited Edition Parfum

540-622 (2)

fragrance : sprays

Haiku 5-Piece Fragrance Gift Collection

072-588(2)

skincare : cleansers & toners
ANEW REJUVENATE Mineral Facial Rinse-Off Treatment
460-758(2)

sub total
tax
total

Do let me know the total cost plus the necessary tax I am to pay on it and i would pick up the items in person so you need not ship,but i want you to have the funds in advance,so send me the quotations and details needed to send you payment.After you send me this information i would instruct my sponsors to mail you a check for the payment,before the date of the event.I hope to read from you soon with all details required.

1....your full name to be on the check

2....your full contact address(NO P.O BOX)

3.....your State/zip code

4.....your mobile Number for smooth communication

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#10 Oct 12, 2010
Okay someone please help me. I already ordered their products. Can I cancel the order, it hasn't gotten here yet. Or can I just resend them back. Will my account still be in danger/charged. I'm beyond pissed right now but I'm happy too. I have a way to determine the traits of avon scammers. ugh.People these days are on a new low.
Tard_Bird

Cornersville, TN

#12 Oct 12, 2010
Prayers for the family!!!!!
karb13

Columbia, MD

#13 Oct 20, 2010
Did anyone actually cash thier check? Did it bounce? Why can't you just cash the check and keep the difference and the products? Scam the scammer?
lavon ford

Culver City, CA

#14 Oct 21, 2010
i bougth AVON extra lauge grape flavard condoms frum dees peoples ands thay had pinholes in dem . now i be anudda babydaddy foe da 8 tiem ands gots me da herps frum a oldarse wyte biatch
Bright Eyes

Germany

#15 Oct 21, 2010
karb13 wrote:
Did anyone actually cash thier check? Did it bounce? Why can't you just cash the check and keep the difference and the products? Scam the scammer?
That's what I did! Cashed the check and went Walmarting so I could stock up on Ground Sausage, Sams Cola, and Twinkies. I just LOVE fried twinkies! Praise the baby Buddha. Haaauuummmmm...
AVON vs PEARLS

Lake Elsinore, CA

#16 Oct 27, 2010
Hello AVON or MARY KAY LADIES!

We are hiring for commission based marketing assistants, earn up to $850+ per week by working only a few minutes a week. We are a licensed pearl retailer and distribution company and we distribute fine freshwater pearls to several upscale boutique shops in Beverly Hills and Los Angeles. We have an online store: www.littlepearlbox.com where we sell exact same items for much lower prices.

We are legitimate and we do not collect any form of fee from the people we hire. We can track your commission by giving you a littlepearlbox.com email address which will serve as a coupon code that the customers can enter during checkout so they can get a free gift - an 8 mm pair of real pearl earring set in pure silver and you can get your 30% commission. This will not cost you anything because you do not have to order for the customer. We transact directly to the customer on our online store. We will provide you with free marketing materials: your own business cards and catalogues. Your job is to tell everyone you know about the beautiful affordable pearls at www.littlepearlbox.com , give them you business cards, show them the catalogue, show them the website and sit and wait for your commission check! This is a commission based job - you only get the check whenever there are sales tied to your email address so dont forget to tell the customers to enter your email address as coupon code so they can get a free gift and you can get your commission.

All you need to do is email careers@littlepearlbox.com your Name, Phone Number, Mailing Address so we can start the application process and mail you the materials. We need your Name and Phone Number because it will appear in the business card and we will mail the marketing materials and commission check to the mailing address you provided.

We process a lot of applications but we prioritize applicants with direct - sell experience such as AVON and MARY KAY ladies. In the title of your email please insert the word "AVON" if you sell AVON or "MARY KAY" if you sell "MARY KAY". Thank you.
Stan and Kyle

Knoxville, TN

#17 Oct 28, 2010
I actually got cash in the mail . I got to be an Amitron radio reviewer. $2 for looking at it. And $5 for sending it in. Cash. No check. Very Cool.
KELLI FROM CHARLESTON W

United States

#18 Oct 31, 2010
I received the same email what should i do what happens if i cash the check??
Fired my recruiter

Lake Elsinore, CA

#19 Nov 3, 2010
Please delete Avon vs. Pearls ad. This is not good image for my company, this was the work of the recruiter I just fired who wanted to ruin my brand by posting to cheap sites. I am the owner of Little Pearl Box. Thank You.
AVON vs PEARLS wrote:
Hello AVON or MARY KAY LADIES!
We are hiring for commission based marketing assistants, earn up to $850+ per week by working only a few minutes a week. We are a licensed pearl retailer and distribution company and we distribute fine freshwater pearls to several upscale boutique shops in Beverly Hills and Los Angeles. We have an online store: www.littlepearlbox.com where we sell exact same items for much lower prices.
We are legitimate and we do not collect any form of fee from the people we hire. We can track your commission by giving you a littlepearlbox.com email address which will serve as a coupon code that the customers can enter during checkout so they can get a free gift - an 8 mm pair of real pearl earring set in pure silver and you can get your 30% commission. This will not cost you anything because you do not have to order for the customer. We transact directly to the customer on our online store. We will provide you with free marketing materials: your own business cards and catalogues. Your job is to tell everyone you know about the beautiful affordable pearls at www.littlepearlbox.com , give them you business cards, show them the catalogue, show them the website and sit and wait for your commission check! This is a commission based job - you only get the check whenever there are sales tied to your email address so dont forget to tell the customers to enter your email address as coupon code so they can get a free gift and you can get your commission.
All you need to do is email careers@littlepearlbox.com your Name, Phone Number, Mailing Address so we can start the application process and mail you the materials. We need your Name and Phone Number because it will appear in the business card and we will mail the marketing materials and commission check to the mailing address you provided.
We process a lot of applications but we prioritize applicants with direct - sell experience such as AVON and MARY KAY ladies. In the title of your email please insert the word "AVON" if you sell AVON or "MARY KAY" if you sell "MARY KAY". Thank you.
Fired my recruiter

Lake Elsinore, CA

#20 Nov 3, 2010
Please delete Avon vs. Pearls Ad. This was the work of my recruiter that I just fired because she wanted to ruin my brand by posting at these cheap blog sites. I own this company. Thank you.
Harley_Driver

Cornersville, TN

#21 Nov 3, 2010
Fired my recruiter wrote:
Please delete Avon vs. Pearls ad. This is not good image for my company, this was the work of the recruiter I just fired who wanted to ruin my brand by posting to cheap sites. I am the owner of Little Pearl Box. Thank You.
<quoted text>
Oh, honey, did you ever hit the nail on the head!!!! Topix is absolutely a site for losers. It's bottom shelf. Cheap seats. Low rent. The nosebleed section. God, I love it so!!!!

WAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!

http://www.topix.com/forum/source/whnt/T1RFE7...
Stephanie Wallace

Daphne, AL

#22 Jun 16, 2013
Attention Customers

Don't click on the login or register button up at top. Click on the shop button. Once your in the Avon store you can look for your Avon products that you want to buy. Then once you have products that you are going to buy click at top of page register or sign in to purchase them. If you would like to order from me, I only accept online orders, and this includes those ordering for a business. Please use PayPal, credit card, or debit card. Do not attempt to send me a check or money order. If you have money you can go to a store to put the money on a gift card. Avon dose accept master visa, discover card.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
best place to live Sun Tim Dwyer 4
How to deal with a back stabbing brown noser at... (Aug '10) May 13 ThomasA 33
remington ilion union members hello HUNTSVILLE-- May 12 Sean Hannity 8
Local Taco May 12 Too easy 1
News North Alabama man accused of stealing from chur... Apr 29 ChurchMouse 2
News Man sentenced to life without parole for deadly... Apr 29 Mawtan Lutha Kang 3
News Anthony Verdict Stirs Memories Of Monumental Hu... (Jul '11) Apr 26 Uknownothing 8

Huntsville Jobs

Personal Finance

Huntsville Mortgages