Madison County Jury Deliberating Fate Of Kim Danner

Full story: WHNT News 19

Jury deliberations continue today in the capital murder trial of Kim Danner. The jury got the case around 1:30 Thursday afternoon.
Comments
1 - 20 of 39 Comments Last updated Jun 3, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Yoda

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 21, 2010
 

Judged:

5

4

4

wow, i was struck from the original jury panel. I knew nothing of the case at the time. since then i did my own research (since i was no longer under court order). This guy is guilty. He is a danger to society. unfortunately he will likely strike again before he is truly punished.
justice

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
May 21, 2010
 

Judged:

3

3

2

well yoda you should of told patterson about all your research and he and mcsd would not of look so stupid sounds like you he are just mad because did not get picked I guess danners lawyers are the ones to strike you from the jury sounds like a smart decision
new market person

Toney, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
May 21, 2010
 

Judged:

3

2

2

justice it sure does,maybe yoda your research wouldn't too good.and you say kd may strike again, what a bunch of crap. he is innocent why would he do that
Jane

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
May 21, 2010
 

Judged:

4

3

3

I know the history of this guy. He is as guilty as HELL. He is a menace to society. I can't believe the jury's decision.
justice

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 22, 2010
 

Judged:

3

3

3

his history does not have anything to do with his guilt in this trial I know him to I dont know him as a menace last trial it was a hung jury at 10 not guilty and 2 guilty and this time not guilty all so I say most that stand trail in any crime dont have to be tried twice so I would say that should be plenty of evidence that he is not gilty of this crime let him and his family live in peace looks like if any bodys to blame it shoud be patterson for making up evidence and if dorning is any kind of a sherriff he would fire patterson for all of this mess
Notfromtenn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 22, 2010
 

Judged:

5

4

4

Jane wrote:
I know the history of this guy. He is as guilty as HELL. He is a menace to society. I can't believe the jury's decision.
Dear Jane, The first trial was a hung jury. This jury found him not guilty. The charges which have him in jail now were based on the same warrant that the boobs at MCSD received in relation to the murder of Mickey Jones. They requested that warrant because of Mickey Jones murder.Perhaps if Kim Danner would have had the same lawyers for that trial he'd been found not guilty on those charges also. It's amazing how much better representation you get when you get lawyers and judges from outside the influence of the corrupt factions within the MCSD. Danner's history is he did time, got out raised a son (college grad, engineer), was living a quiet life working and paying taxes when Mickey Jones was murdered. It's a shame the real killer or killers of Mickey Jones are still out there. It seems as though BP, Salamander, and some other thugs at the MCSD were determined to make Danner the scapegoat for the death of Mickey Jones. That's what this trial is really about. The MCSD manipulated, withheld, and destroyed evidence in this case. If you and the others know so much about this case you sure missed your chance to prove it. Talk is cheap, Jane.
newmarket

Toney, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 22, 2010
 

Judged:

4

4

3

i'm with you notfromtenn, dear jane, don't knock the jurors for kd found not quilty. i guess you would like to be sitting on a trial like this one. the good ole boys (mcsd) messed up trying to convict an innocent man (they do it a lot of times )might mess up some of your family some day.
if evidence is witheld and all the other stuff they did .have peace kd with your family...
bella

Toney, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
May 22, 2010
 

Judged:

4

3

3

how could 12 jurrors be so stupid? when danner gets out of prison,he shouid live near them.
SAD DAY hunts

Elkmont, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
May 22, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

Sad day for everyone but Danner?
Yoda

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
May 22, 2010
 

Judged:

3

2

1

well folks, the knowledge i have was not allowed in court. as many of you have stated the MCSD messed up. That is true, and because of the bumblings of a few officers of the law the GUILTY man got let free. yes, good lawyers will exploit holes in the prosecutions case, thats their job. They cast a doubt on the juror as they were paid to do and let a career criminal get set free of killing a man.( which was a drug related retaliation) If you all rest well at night know a career cocaine dealer with more skeletons in the closet than a cemetery has, good for you. For me I, I don't think well funded and crafty murderers should be any less guilty. If I had been held to standards of the jurors who did serve, i would have only had the same exposure they did and very likely made the same decision. Bottom line, the system worked like it is designed, unfortunately it let a killer go because of it.
gettincrazy

Toney, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 22, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

well bella, maybe we can all be one big happy family.and yoda you would think the cops could do their job, they don't even control crazy drivers in huntsville, don't make people pay child support to children that need it, they waste it on booze , women, and drugs. the crappy system never works on anything and its getting worse. the cops are getting out of hand, they beat people too when they get them in the jail some of the smart investigators do too, i bet they didn't hit ole kd though
Notfromtenn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 23, 2010
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Yoda wrote:
well folks, the knowledge i have was not allowed in court. as many of you have stated the MCSD messed up. That is true, and because of the bumblings of a few officers of the law the GUILTY man got let free. yes, good lawyers will exploit holes in the prosecutions case, thats their job. They cast a doubt on the juror as they were paid to do and let a career criminal get set free of killing a man.( which was a drug related retaliation) If you all rest well at night know a career cocaine dealer with more skeletons in the closet than a cemetery has, good for you. For me I, I don't think well funded and crafty murderers should be any less guilty. If I had been held to standards of the jurors who did serve, i would have only had the same exposure they did and very likely made the same decision. Bottom line, the system worked like it is designed, unfortunately it let a killer go because of it.
Sounds like sour grapes. You did not get selected for the jury and you are miffed. Please disclose the "knowledge" you obtained since you started your research. Hearsay does not count as the law does not depend on "he said; she said evidence". I would guess that the info you obtained was supplied to you by the losing side or folks with an agenda. If folks were thrown in jail just because that's what the police wanted the jails would be full of innocent folks. That's why we have a system of checks and balances. It's a shame that Mickey Jones was murdered and the case was not able to be solved to the satisfaction of TWO juries. It's telling that folks at MCSD (on this we agree) bumbled, manipulated, withheld, and even destroyed evidence in this case. What was their agenda and purpose for doing that? What do BP and Salamander have to hide? Was there a cover up? What was Mickey Jones relationship to the MCSD? Why does the Sheriff or internal affairs at MCSD not hold them accountable this unprofessional unethical behavior? I wish all these questions could be answered, but doubt they ever will. Perhaps during the next election some will ask the Sheriff these questions and get a straight answer.

By the way, if Kim Danner is as smart,crafty, and rich as you and others assert I would think he would have found a smarter, craftier, less conspicuous way to off someone then a running shoot out in the middle of the day! Think of all the ways thing get done on CSI. A running gun battle? Smart way to get some one? Not really. Perhaps someone was trying to make him the patsy.
ridiculous

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 23, 2010
 

Judged:

5

2

2

Notfromtenn wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like sour grapes. You did not get selected for the jury and you are miffed. Please disclose the "knowledge" you obtained since you started your research. Hearsay does not count as the law does not depend on "he said; she said evidence". I would guess that the info you obtained was supplied to you by the losing side or folks with an agenda. If folks were thrown in jail just because that's what the police wanted the jails would be full of innocent folks. That's why we have a system of checks and balances. It's a shame that Mickey Jones was murdered and the case was not able to be solved to the satisfaction of TWO juries. It's telling that folks at MCSD (on this we agree) bumbled, manipulated, withheld, and even destroyed evidence in this case. What was their agenda and purpose for doing that? What do BP and Salamander have to hide? Was there a cover up? What was Mickey Jones relationship to the MCSD? Why does the Sheriff or internal affairs at MCSD not hold them accountable this unprofessional unethical behavior? I wish all these questions could be answered, but doubt they ever will. Perhaps during the next election some will ask the Sheriff these questions and get a straight answer.
By the way, if Kim Danner is as smart,crafty, and rich as you and others assert I would think he would have found a smarter, craftier, less conspicuous way to off someone then a running shoot out in the middle of the day! Think of all the ways thing get done on CSI. A running gun battle? Smart way to get some one? Not really. Perhaps someone was trying to make him the patsy.
YOU could care less that Mickey Jones was murdered. It is not a shame to you. All you care about is that your cousin/brother got away with cold blooded murder. He may not pay for this in this life, but best believe he will burn in hell for the rest of eternity.
Bestworking

Decatur, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
May 23, 2010
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Jane, maybe one day someone will walk up behind Danner with a lead pipe. Karma can be a bit**.
spell check

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
May 23, 2010
 

Judged:

3

1

1

Note to Family: Not all words are spelled like they sound.
Yoda

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
May 23, 2010
 
Just one last note, and I am on to other things. NotfromTenn, I did not want to serve on the juror. I was not in a situation where i could give 2+weeks of my life to this case. I am glad that there were ones that could. I felt guilty for being let go, not angry, i was not on some witch hunt to tamper with the trial.

I am not sour about who was picked for juror service, simply upset that this type of crime was allowed to go unpunished. I hold no ill will towards the council of either side or the juror and their hard work. so, put that to bed.
Notfromtenn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
May 24, 2010
 

Judged:

3

1

1

ridiculous wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU could care less that Mickey Jones was murdered. It is not a shame to you. All you care about is that your cousin/brother got away with cold blooded murder. He may not pay for this in this life, but best believe he will burn in hell for the rest of eternity.
Hey "ridiculous" I'll type real slow so you can keep up. It does matter that Mickey Jones was murdered. It is a shame that such a thing could happen to anyone. I'm not one of the lovely sisters or a cousin of Danner. Put your thinking cap on, take a breath, concentrate, and think about this. If the case against Danner was so airtight then why did MCSD (that's Madison County Sheriffs Department) wait THREE years to attempt to prosecute it? Where are all the credible witnesses? What was the motive? How would Danner have benefited from it? Why did the MCSD bungle the case and evidence? Who would have wanted to chase down Mickey Jones and shoot him? Finally, if Danner was guilty, how did TWO juries not find him guilty.
I understand the angst of the family of Mickey Jones. If I were related to Mickey Jones I'd be asking the Madison County Sheriff to answer for the poor performance of his deputies.
As far as anyone burning in Hell goes, that's not for you to say is it?
Question

Madison, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
May 24, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Did the haters in this forum go to college? Did the haters in this forum go to high school? Did the haters in the forum attend the trial or review the evidence? All trial information is public record in MC.

Oh and do the Haters in this forum go to church? How is that working for you all? I enjoyed the well meaning spirit that actually threatened a life...priceless.

My opinion, I believe Madison County, Huntsville City, area Churches and RSA host pockets of corruption. I hope all the haters in this forum of guilt free of or never see it.
Intimidated

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
May 24, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

If you were a credible witness, Notfromtenn,
you'd be afraid of your life to testify against KD!
answer to your question

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
May 24, 2010
 
Question wrote:
Did the haters in this forum go to college? Did the haters in this forum go to high school? Did the haters in the forum attend the trial or review the evidence? All trial information is public record in MC.
Oh and do the Haters in this forum go to church? How is that working for you all? I enjoyed the well meaning spirit that actually threatened a life...priceless.
My opinion, I believe Madison County, Huntsville City, area Churches and RSA host pockets of corruption. I hope all the haters in this forum of guilt free of or never see it.
How could anyone sit in on the trial? If anyone attempted to sit in on the trial either the "family" would harrass them and follow them afterwards to take pictures of their tag numbers or James would subpoena them so they would not be able to sit in and hear the trial. From what I hear, only the Danner Family was allowed to listen to the proceedings.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Huntsville Forum right now

Search the Huntsville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
AL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Alabama i... (Oct '10) Sun Give me a break 203
Strange, white substance flowing into Big Sprin... Sun Wacko Jacko 2
Classes Aim to Hook Blacks on african-American ... Sun kelly oneilnblome 4
Hair stylist recommendation? (Sep '07) Sun Eric Cartman 36
Police Probe Lawn Ornaments Left In Front of Ho... Jul 26 Kritty Toad 5
Domestic Dispute Ends at Decatur Gym Jul 24 Layne Staley 4
Review: Kenney And Associates Jul 23 anonymous 2
•••
•••
•••
Huntsville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Huntsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Huntsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Huntsville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Huntsville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••