Pastor charged with domestic violence

Pastor charged with domestic violence

There are 640 comments on the WAFF-TV Huntsville story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Pastor charged with domestic violence. In it, WAFF-TV Huntsville reports that:

A Valley pastor turns himself in on charges of domestic violence. Doctor James Doggette is an associate professor of Religion and Theology at Oakwood College. via WAFF-TV Huntsville

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WAFF-TV Huntsville.

Compassionate one

Montgomery, AL

#613 Jul 23, 2008
Susan Harrison are you still here ?
Need to stop

Montgomery, AL

#614 Jul 24, 2008
You all need to leave well enough alone.
Concerned SDA

Dyer, TN

#615 Jul 31, 2008
Need to stop wrote:
You all need to leave well enough alone.
On behalf of all battered women, I resent you saying we should be quiet and also that you say this situation is "well enough".

Since: Mar 08

Philadelphia, PA

#616 Nov 22, 2008
Interesting you all are still here posting. It is also interesting that nobody has bothered to get the court records to verify the facts about the domestic violence complaint by a member of the community. Somebody shoul care ENOUGH to get the facts and stop with the conjecture.
By the way. Who really care about the said affair with the treasurer? Has either one of the four parties raised an issue? People the issue here is the VIOLENCE. Somebody has said they were hurt. Can you have compassion enough for her? No. Just because the conference and others who think the husband is god doesn't mean everyone else must sweep it under the rug.
Bobby

Monetta, SC

#617 Dec 7, 2008
Teresa wrote:
It should be a part of the SDA Doctrine, along with Thou Shalt Not Wear Jewlery, Thou Shalt Not Go to Movies, THOU SHALL ONLY ENGAGE IN BEHAVIOR THAT CAN BE DONE WITH THINE EYES CLOSED... Wake-up Saints.
WINCHESTER, Tennessee
Judge Buddy D. Perry rejects plea in Tennessee murder case--(The Huntsville Times)--Through his lawyer, Bobby Carter of Tullahoma, Lonnie Owens, 32, of Decherd pleaded guilty Tuesday before a Franklin County jury of nine men and five women, including two alternates, to voluntary manslaughter in the death of Heather Owens, 26, on May 17, 2003.

Monetta, SC

#618 Dec 9, 2008
Sharon Scarbrough wrote:
My prayers are with this family. The devil is busy but our GOD is POWERFUL.
1. I don't think lonnie lee owens got a fair trial in my opinon.
2. the owens family members SHOULD sue D.A. office
for knowing that dr.harlen(rumor)lied on the stand.
3. Others,( rumors) police and victims friends traspassing
on lonnies sister propertys taking things that were not theres and damaging cars.
4. a deal by the da could of saved lonnie owens 40 grand in legal fees that were paid by his father
which money lonnies father had put away for his grandkids college, in 15 to 20 years that could of been a couple hunderd thousand dollars. now the money for lonnies kids and his sisters kids is not there. that why i think the owens family should sue everyone. it only take less than 100 bucks to file. they should do it prosee a then get a lawyer later to get setelments. thats what i would tell them.

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text> Not saying that he does'nt belong where he is at but he had a hard life because his mother had issues and he surported her, his brother in law is drunk, his wife( Heather) had issues of seeing and hearing things that were'nt there. He also had to help his father in law at his job. His mother would call him 10 times a day. if you saw the police phone logs of his calls he was on the phone all the time. Think about all the stess he was under. Heather also was telling people she had a brain tumor. The part to the trail that brothers me is all witnesses were unsaved people or people suffering with schizophrenia. if his lawyer looked into it closer he should of been able to find it. all you had to do was read the case file of divorce records of witnesses, which was never done. I see a jackpot for the owens family in legal suits against all witnesses. I would start by a wrongful death suit against Kara Matthews first. Even tho no chagres were file against her she can still be held libable for her part. this just MY opinion. I heard (hersay) that Tom Farris advised a member of lonnie family to sue and take advantage of a new law that was just passed.
BEN

Monetta, SC

#619 Dec 9, 2008
Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
WINCHESTER, Tennessee
Judge Buddy D. Perry rejects plea in Tennessee murder case--(The Huntsville Times)--Through his lawyer, Bobby Carter of Tullahoma, Lonnie Owens, 32, of Decherd pleaded guilty Tuesday before a Franklin County jury of nine men and five women, including two alternates, to voluntary manslaughter in the death of Heather Owens, 26, on May 17, 2003.
I loved her also but her mother caused her alot of suffering which led to her mood swings. I wish her and her family had counseling when she was younger it might of changed her life and she would be here today.
Sarah

Silver Spring, MD

#620 Feb 10, 2009
Be very careful if you make a woman cry, Because God counts her tears. The woman was created from man's rib - not from his feet to be walked on, nor from his head to be superior - but from his side to be equal.
Charles

Harvest, AL

#621 Feb 11, 2009
Sarah wrote:
Be very careful if you make a woman cry, Because God counts her tears. The woman was created from man's rib - not from his feet to be walked on, nor from his head to be superior - but from his side to be equal.
god probably doesn't exist so don't worry about it and go out and enjoy life.
Eddie Jacobs

Hillsboro, TN

#622 Mar 17, 2009
BEN wrote:
<quoted text> I found Heather (Bolin) Owens
diary read it. Lonnie and Heather once lived with me.
I loved her also but her mother caused her alot of suffering which led to her mood swings. I wish her and her family had counseling when she was younger it might of changed her life and she would be here today.
It may of helped but people dont get help when they need it most.
BUNNY DOMESTIC VIOLENCE

Chattanooga, TN

#623 Jun 30, 2009
Hey big sister, its your baby sister from B.S. Mi. Just wanted to send you a shout out and to tell you that I miss you and that I am so proud of you and how you have handled this situation. Keep looking up and always remember I have your back. LOVE ALWAYS BABY SIS.
One Canadian Adventist

Oshawa, Canada

#624 Aug 8, 2009
Chicago Expatriate is on the mark. All of the comments to this point (minus Chicago's) is sludge. As a result, the entire Christian faith is the most disrespected religious faith in the present age. Remember my fellow Seventh-day Adventist Christians, only God and the entire Doggette family knows what really is afoot here.
Monica

Beverly Hills, CA

#625 Dec 1, 2009
Greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Beloved I hear what you say but I don't understand what you mean being swept under the rug? We as Christians have all sinned publicly or privately. For you to put Ministers on blast in it self is disrespectful. I pray that God may judge us on how we judge others posts "people's or Pastor's sins" is a heavy load I hope you are praying for them as we all need prayer as Satan seeks to destroy all of us including you. GOD BLESS
Sick of Sadventist wrote:
It's funny that when ever a minister from a so called prominent family does wrong, it is quickly swept under the rug. Should I name some of those pastor's who have sinned.
William Dawson - Ephesus
Ira Lake - Westchester
Lawrence Dorsey Sr - Berean
David King - Tarmarind
James Meredith - Maranatha
Just to name a few in the California area alone.
Jimmy Doggette SHAME on you. Resign at once!
baby sis

Saint Joseph, MI

#626 Aug 3, 2010
are you serious, really I hope he enjoys his hair and hair line while it remains i heard through hearsay .
baby sis

Saint Joseph, MI

#627 Aug 3, 2010
for all you dogooders heres what your silence and and prayers gets you more beatdowns, and the sickening thing of it all is that there are some of her own family members like mrs ceili in the color purple talking about "beat her". Not me baby girl sugessts like opra in the color purple "YOU OUGHT TO BASH MISTERS HEAD IN AND WORRY ABOUT HEAVEN LATER..........BABYGIRL....... NOW WHAT! AND FURTHERMORE I HEARED HE PLANS TO SUE ANY BODY WHO GETS ON HERE AND TALKS ABOUT ANY OF THIS. WELL HERE I AM TALKING ABOUT YOU PASTOR PIMPIN HERE I AM NOW SEND YOU BIG BAD WOLVES TO GET ME. WHAT A JOKE YOU ARE AND THE CONFERENCE THAT CONTINUES TO STICK THEIR NECK OUT FOR THEIR GREATEST PIMPIN KING EVEN MORE HILARIOUS BY TH TIME THEY GET IT IT WILL BE TOO LATE. GOODBY MISTER. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH AHAHAHA LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL LHAHAHAHAHAHAHH GET A LIFE A PLEASE RENT A COPY OF THE COLOR PURPLE SO YOU ARE NOT ACTING IT OUT IN REAL LIFE THE MOVIE HAS ALREADY BEEN MADE IDIOT
me to you

Huntsville, AL

#628 Aug 21, 2010
at least we know on thing that came out of it.. a devorce reg and trish. other than that the church and mm is kept in the dark
me to you

Huntsville, AL

#629 Aug 21, 2010
the seventh-day-adventist church is full of sexual skandles with there leader just like other churches what make them so wrong is they are above all other churches they are the remnent the only ones.... they just hide it well espicially at oakwood
Ben Tilley

United States

#630 Aug 31, 2010
Eddie Jacobs wrote:
<quoted text> It may of helped but people dont get help when they need it most.
I went to High school with him, I was a member of His church, We played on the church softball team, we hunted, fished,
got drunk, double dated, accepted Christ on the same day, My 3 girls played with his kids and my Mother lives 4 houses down the street from him. Lonnie does yell, just like his mother did, I never met his dad but i could hear his mom from across the street. One time I had my radio on and she came over with a broom and told me if i didnt turn it off she would club me with it. One day she was so mad at me that she put her smoke out on my floor and it left a mark i couldnt get out. Once she called the police on me because she thought i was looking though her window.
Quincy

Madison, AL

#631 Sep 28, 2010
If there is this much conversation about a controversy in Madison Mission, and for that matter, any church, then some of it, even a little percentage has to have some truth to it. I have known this family since I was a child in California and when other upstanding individuals in the Huntsville community can not stand the site of James Doggette, then there is definitely something there. His eldest son just got arressted for selling drugs on Oakwoods Campus and none of the boys have had contact with their mother through this whole ordeal. It sounds like some brainwashing to me. All and I do mean all of the boys have been arrested for unpaid tickets because they have an heir of elitism that is brought on through their father. The fact is that despite James Doggette's credentials and status, he is still just a man and puts on his pants one leg at a time like the rest of us and should not be put on this pedestal. The fact is that he "is" held to a higher standard than the rest of us becuase of who he is and yet, he is accused of doing things that no man in his position should ever be suspected of doing. There are two sides to every story, but it all can't be lies...can it??
La-Shunn Doggette

Huntsville, AL

#632 Oct 15, 2010
Quincy wrote:
If there is this much conversation about a controversy in Madison Mission, and for that matter, any church, then some of it, even a little percentage has to have some truth to it. I have known this family since I was a child in California and when other upstanding individuals in the Huntsville community can not stand the site of James Doggette, then there is definitely something there. His eldest son just got arressted for selling drugs on Oakwoods Campus and none of the boys have had contact with their mother through this whole ordeal. It sounds like some brainwashing to me. All and I do mean all of the boys have been arrested for unpaid tickets because they have an heir of elitism that is brought on through their father. The fact is that despite James Doggette's credentials and status, he is still just a man and puts on his pants one leg at a time like the rest of us and should not be put on this pedestal. The fact is that he "is" held to a higher standard than the rest of us becuase of who he is and yet, he is accused of doing things that no man in his position should ever be suspected of doing. There are two sides to every story, but it all can't be lies...can it??
This is the first time that I have read or commented on our family situation since its
WOW!! It's amazing how the truth will come out and how much people know. Word to the wives (ministers wives)......Do not keep silent, "our secret pain." The truth will be told, if not by the victim but through our children (as evidence through research and the Bible)Exodus 34..."He punishes the children and their children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the music thread (Mar '12) Sun Margie Royce 36
Huntsville Motorcycle clubs? (Jul '14) Feb 16 Ike Croix 19
Massive Obamacare Fraud Feb 10 Repeal it now 1
News Murder Investigation Underway In Harvest (Jul '10) Feb 9 jeremywenger 48
News Murder trial begins for 30-year-old Huntsville ... (Jul '09) Feb 5 Anonymous 10
News Huntsville Police Involved In Deadly Shooting (Nov '09) Jan 31 Boy Drake 485
Michael Disciple billboards (Jan '11) Jan 30 cuparostum 26

Huntsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntsville Mortgages