Pastor charged with domestic violence

Dec 7, 2007 Full story: WAFF-TV Huntsville 635

A Valley pastor turns himself in on charges of domestic violence. Doctor James Doggette is an associate professor of Religion and Theology at Oakwood College. via WAFF-TV Huntsville

Full Story
I do not understand

Pittsburgh, PA

#592 Mar 19, 2008
Larry Coons wrote:
To I Don't Undertand:
I know that there are other members of the larger, more general society that have done the same. I feel it is most likely attributable to the general unpreparedness people have towards DV. Until its widespread attention within the last decade, DV has been largely considered something the individuals would handle between themselves and that any outsiders were just agitators. I don't see much wife beating in public lately, but have seen it as a child. Of course, I wasn't as prepared to deal with it then. What do you think would be the proper way to deal with DV?
If there was truth to the affair, he should have been removed from his position. If there was truth to the DV, he should have been removed from his position. That's if there is truth to it, which can only be determined upon further investigation. But, I think it is a shame that such things have been rumored about a pastor. Much should be/should have been done to dispose of these rumors. What a stumbling block it would be for the church to permit a pastor involved in known sin to continue preaching from the pulpit. I'm not saying that these allegations are true, but it is the responsibility for church leaders to search out sin in the camp. Open sin ought to be dealt with openly. I hope that these issues have been addressed within MM and people have not chosen just to turn a blind eye. There is much caution against such a course.
Interesting

Huntsville, AL

#593 Mar 19, 2008
This situation is hurtful. The conference should really step in and pour some water on these fires.
I do not understand

Pittsburgh, PA

#594 Mar 19, 2008
Yes, but in the mean time, the MM members must take a stand.
Perspective

Henderson, NC

#595 Mar 19, 2008
I do not understand wrote:
Yes, but in the mean time, the MM members must take a stand.
The congregation at MM has the highest percentage of students of any church in the area. The music is wild and the tone is not traditional SDA at all. People who go there would be bored at the other churches in the area. I just can't imagine them switching to a more traditional sda church. But, I agree with you. If the conference, union, GC don't do anything, we as individuals are still obligated to do the right thing.

“Receding Headline”

Since: Oct 07

Athens

#596 Mar 19, 2008
Faithful SDA wrote:
<quoted text>
... Do you know if the domestic violence was something that is just related to the affair with the treasurer?
Domestic violence is a way of life. It canít correctly be attributed to the affair. The affair is a part of the abuse, emotionally. The ex-preacher decided to show how he didnít need her for sex, love, attention or whatever. Nothing, not even her choice to show her disappointment over the affair caused this, more than his inability to be humane and reasonable. What surprises me is the cover up of the affair. Someone knew about it other than the mistress and the ex-preacher. It must have really hurt the young lady to find out that the entire congregation (or at least the leadership) was working against her on some level or another. A good question to ask is whether the betrayal by the leaders is related to the abuse? Did the ex-preacher feel he was above everyone else? Did the leaders influence his choice to be violent because he thought he could get away with it? I hope attendance is down. I hope there is no attendance at all. There are better worship services yíknow.

BTW: Itís normally disrespectful to use the names of the people, though I personally believe in publicizing crimes as a preventative measure.
I do not understand

Aurora, CO

#597 Mar 19, 2008
Perspective wrote:
<quoted text>
The congregation at MM has the highest percentage of students of any church in the area. The music is wild and the tone is not traditional SDA at all. People who go there would be bored at the other churches in the area. I just can't imagine them switching to a more traditional sda church. But, I agree with you. If the conference, union, GC don't do anything, we as individuals are still obligated to do the right thing.
Its not easy, reform never is. My prayers are with you all.
Silent

Newalla, OK

#598 Apr 1, 2008
Over at last....
pray

Huntsville, AL

#599 Apr 1, 2008
No it's not over. This situation will not be swept under the rug. We should continue to pray as corrections are put forth.
Did I miss something

Henderson, NC

#600 Apr 2, 2008
Silent, do you have information that this has been resolved? Or are you saying it is over because people are letting it continue? Please explain.
hippocrites

Tawas City, MI

#601 Apr 3, 2008
I cannot believe you guys had so much to say about DV getting off the computer and staying off now after such a long period of silence, which I am commending everyone on here you are starting this crap up again, it looks like there are others of you out there that cannot stay off the computer and keep your comments to yourself - others with obsesive compulsive inabilities to stay off the computer after long periods of silence.
reopening wounds

Tawas City, MI

#602 Apr 3, 2008
Please all of us not start up on the computer again, let sleeping dogs lie.
Sick of Sadventist

United States

#604 May 5, 2008
It's funny that when ever a minister from a so called prominent family does wrong, it is quickly swept under the rug. Should I name some of those pastor's who have sinned.
William Dawson - Ephesus
Ira Lake - Westchester
Lawrence Dorsey Sr - Berean
David King - Tarmarind
James Meredith - Maranatha
Just to name a few in the California area alone.
Jimmy Doggette SHAME on you. Resign at once!

Domestic violence

Bridgman, MI

#605 May 7, 2008
I just wanted to let the adventist community know that you were specifically asked to stay of the computer because certain people do not want the details of the proof of misconduct with the treasurer to come out. And you all have obeyed and I am sure that this pastor is very happy that no one has made me angry enough to tell the details and I will not because I would like for my nephews to continue on with their schooling paid for. But James Doggette needs to call the Lee family and tell them never to try to contact me again except for my nephews and niece, La-shunn and phyllis. Nancy La-shunns mother walked in court and sat on James side, La-shunn has not spoken to her since and now I do not want her calling or trying to come by my house either and If she does I will release the proof of the misconduct with the church secretary, so James I sugguest that you call Nancy, Laura, James Lee and especially Karen Ampey otherwise known as satan to never contact me again because if they do James Doggettes world is going to come to end as he knows it. The domestic violence and hatred that La-shunns family is accustomed to is no longer acceptable to me and I am going to use their unswable respect for James Doggette to keep them away from me for good. So I sugguest James Doggette that if you do not want the proof of misconduct with the secretary released tell those 4 people listed above never to contact me again if they do your world is going to crumble.
Domestic violence

Bridgman, MI

#606 May 7, 2008
La-shunn the reason I am doing this is because those 4 relatives of ours accused to of stealing karens purse and a 200.00 check of mothers and karen told me that she had reported it stolen to the police. I am sick and tired of their adventist bullcrap and demand that they stay away from me for the rest of our lives, since they have no respect for me and refuse to stay away I am using their unswable respect for James to inforce the fact thaat they should never contact me again.

Since: Mar 08

Philadelphia, PA

#607 Jun 9, 2008
People PLEASE stop antagonizing "Domestic violence!!"
yayo

Atlanta, GA

#608 Jun 10, 2008
test
Harrison Susan

Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire

#609 Jun 26, 2008
Dearest In Christ,
I greet you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ our Lord, I am Mrs Susan Harrison from Kuwait. I am married to Mr David who worked with Kuwait embassy in Ivory Coast for nine years before he died in the year 2004.We were married fo many years without a child. He died after a brief illness that lasted for only four days.Before his death we were both born again Christian.

Since his death I decided not to remarry or get a child outside my matrimonial home which the Bible is against.When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of US$2.500million dollars in a Bank in Abidjan Cote d'Ivoire west africa.Presently, this money is still in bank.Recently, my Doctor told me that I would not last for the next Eight months due to cancer problem.

The one that disturbs me most is my stroke sickness. Having known my condition I decided to donate this fund to a charity organization that will utilize this money the way I am going to instruct herein.

I want an organization that will use this fund for orphanages, school and church ,widows, propagating the word of God and to endeavor that the house of God is maintained. The Bible made us to understand that "Blessed is the hand that giveth".I took this decision because I don't have any child that will inherit this money and my husband relatives are not Christians and I don't want my husband's efforts to be used by unbelievers.

I don't want a situation where this money will be used in an ungodly way. This is why I am taking this decision. I am not afraid of death hence I know where I am going. I know that I am going to be in the bosom of the Lord.Exodus 14 VS 14 says that "the lord will fight my case and I shall hold my peace". I don't need any telephone communication in this regard because of my health hence the presence of my husband's relatives around me always. I don't want them to know about this development.With God all things are possible. As soon as I receive your reply I shall give you the contact of the Bank in Abidjan Cote d'Ivoire west africa.

I will also issue you an authority letter from the FEDERAL HIGH COURT OF KUWAIT that will prove you the new beneficiary of this fund. I want you and the church to always pray for me because the lord is my shephard. My happiness is that I lived a life of a worthy Christian. Whoever that Wants to serve the Lord must serve him in spirit and Truth. Please always be prayerful all through your life.Contact me on the this email delay in your reply will give me room in sourcing another church for this same purpose. Please me that you will act accordingly as I Stated herein. Hoping to receive your reply.
Remain blessed in the Lord Take care,

In Christ's Holy Love
Yours Sister in christ
Susan Harrison
littlebaby

United States

#610 Jul 9, 2008
since there so many clicks in the churches and favortism,i can find what the says and a particular minister and his/her congragation is viewed by the media,other churches and ex-members and the christian community?
anonymous

Huntsville, AL

#611 Jul 12, 2008
Littlebaby: What exactly are you saying? Your post is unclear
The Truth

Madison, AL

#612 Jul 13, 2008
Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.
Isaiah 58:1

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gang stalking (Sep '11) 21 hr BIG MIKEY BROWN 12
legit pain P.I.L.L.S n m/ar.iju/an.a 22 hr huntsville guy 1
Dr Whitt southcare clinic Mon draggerwal 8
Scenic overlook Mon jizzonmychin 14
US cops 'rough up' Indian granddad Mar 1 christbeourlight 14
Political analyst: Billboard & state road proje... Mar 1 mudinmyeye 1
Celebrate Remington's first birthday in Huntsvi... Feb 23 Sweet Home Alobama 2

Local Area Emergency for Madison County was issued at March 05 at 7:30AM CST

Huntsville Dating
Find my Match