Dr. Aggarwal's Patients Searching For New Doctor

There are 18 comments on the Mar 26, 2013, WHNT-TV Huntsville story titled Dr. Aggarwal's Patients Searching For New Doctor. In it, WHNT-TV Huntsville reports that:

Confusion and frustration. Those two words likely sum up the feelings of former patients of a Huntsville doctor under investigation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHNT-TV Huntsville.

joel

United States

#1 Mar 27, 2013
He was keeping me out of pain and it sux what they have done to him its your responseibility to take your meds right not his
joker

Huntsville, AL

#2 Mar 27, 2013
right on joel!

all patients have to be referred to see him. He is not a family doctor. He is a PAIN doctor. His job is to write pain meds. If patients try to pull one over him, what can he really do. He is trying to help their pain and give them meds that will help. if they overtake and abuse the meds then the doctor gets the blame.--- no wonder other doctors dont want to write meds, because the few stupid ones will mess their career up- just like is happening to dr a

Since: Aug 10

Madison, AL

#3 Mar 27, 2013
As an example to what joker is saying:

http://whnt.com/2013/03/27/follow-up-decatur-...

This was not Aggarwals fault. I do feel like he got too much but I would be willing to bet that he asked for everything he got but he didn't kill him. It's things like this that has brought attention to Aggarwal. He died, he had bottles with Dr.A's name on them and parents more than willing to show it and push the blame on him and not their son that went the distance to get it and take it like he did. Can we see some good news about Dr. A? Has anyone noticed that they seem to be interviewing people that look strung out? Maybe it's just me lol. If it's not that, they wanna now show someone that was an addict and died. What about people that have real skin color and are true pain patients and are taking their meds right and are only written maybe 2 medications, that take them right and live pain free daily... Show them people!
david

United States

#4 Mar 28, 2013
Its a shame that people who he helped get through life pain free has to sufffer.
The ppl who abuse and sell thier meds are the reason myself and so many others have to suffer.
Nobody cares what will happen to us, the honest ppl who depend on these meds to live a productive life.
All I can say is this, Dr. agg was a very compassionate dr., who I will miss very much, as will so many others
God bless

Since: Mar 13

Madison, AL

#5 Mar 28, 2013
NoLimit 2Me wrote:
As an example to what joker is saying:
http://whnt.com/2013/03/27/follow-up-decatur-...
This was not Aggarwals fault. I do feel like he got too much but I would be willing to bet that he asked for everything he got but he didn't kill him. It's things like this that has brought attention to Aggarwal. He died, he had bottles with Dr.A's name on them and parents more than willing to show it and push the blame on him and not their son that went the distance to get it and take it like he did. Can we see some good news about Dr. A? Has anyone noticed that they seem to be interviewing people that look strung out? Maybe it's just me lol. If it's not that, they wanna now show someone that was an addict and died. What about people that have real skin color and are true pain patients and are taking their meds right and are only written maybe 2 medications, that take them right and live pain free daily... Show them people!
I know of one ;) as do you. I'm a patient that only got 2 meds, in not high quantity and he NEVER even offered to change my meds. He took over writing my former Dr scripts. I'm not strung out, and that's why the news won't want me lol
Lil wayney thug life

Atlanta, GA

#6 Mar 28, 2013
No limit got some questions. Seems like you know more than all these haters.
1. How is this going to effect his other businesses like compass tox ? He ownes it to if he lost all his providers?
DISSAPOINTED

Madison, AL

#7 Mar 28, 2013
Dr.A. made my life so much better while he was practicing. Now, I am pretty much bed ridden and cannot work at all. So, with that being said I WILL LIVE OFF THE GOVERNMENT FROM NOW ON....I HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE. SAD BUT TRUE!!!!
joker

Huntsville, AL

#9 Mar 28, 2013
man,
dr a made my family members life so much better also. i dont know what is going to happen. it is like all the doctors will be scared to help the pain patient now becuase of this situation. what to do?? they should work with dr a and just tell him to change his ways a little or write less- why they want to destroy his career?

Since: Aug 10

Madison, AL

#10 Mar 28, 2013
joker wrote:
man,
dr a made my family members life so much better also. i dont know what is going to happen. it is like all the doctors will be scared to help the pain patient now becuase of this situation. what to do?? they should work with dr a and just tell him to change his ways a little or write less- why they want to destroy his career?
I have a feeling that he will be given a 2nd chance and if so, he will be back and more strict about his writing practices. I'm hoping so anyway. I'll still get what I was getting because I was never written too much to begin with. 120 or lower on one pain med is sufficient and if the patient doesn't like that, then they need to try and find one that they think is better than Dr. A but I don't see that happening. His office visit was very quick, in and out and then pickups that just take maybe a minute or two. I really hope they give him his license back and at least give him that chance.
Starr

Mcdonough, GA

#12 Apr 17, 2013
So has anyone had any luck finding a new dr that will accept aggarwals patients?
annie

Madison, AL

#13 Apr 19, 2013
I think most doctors are filled up now. I went to my new doctor yesterday, and I was very pleased with them. I really feel strongly that waiting for Dr. A. to reopen is futile. He will lose his narcotic prescriptive rights. Rumor is he will also lose his medical license too. Even if he does not, I do not think he would reopen here.
Shoeless Joe

Huntsville, AL

#14 Apr 19, 2013
The fundamental misconception of Dr. A's practice was, as joker stated, "His job is to write pain meds." There's the rub. His job should have been to elevate pain by treating the root cause of the pain in the patient and only use heavy medications when all else failed. From that viewpoint, it's no longer about who abused and who did not. It's about just throwing more and more pills at patients and not even trying to figure out why they were in pain.

I wasn't even given a cursory exam & my wife, who saw Dr. A. for over 10 years, was never re-evaluated through an exam to see if she was improving or not. The only exam that interested Dr. A. was the urinalysis to cover his own ass.
Just Me

Elkmont, AL

#15 Jun 3, 2013
I have known Dr.A since he started at what used to be Healthsouth physical therapy he was always concerned with patients and their well being and there were certain things he would never prescribe because of the dangers everyone wants to talk about the "Strong or Heavy Narcotics" it's not just those a person truly can O.D. on Tylenol his drug tests wasn't to cover his rear they were to check to make sure your levels of meds were correct My husband now was seeing him for the last 5 yrs and now has no doctor Dr.A. wrote his last scripts to bring him off his meds and now he is in dire pain again and yeah there are no doctors that want to treat you unless its invasive hence the term interventinal pain management I know this because I've had back surgery 3 times all others now want to use you as a needle cushion. People need to realize what they have now lost and what others are also suffering because of the fews stupidity, as far as the Board well if they were truly any kind of Dr's themselves they should know when a person leaves a Dr's office you can't hold their hand and watch what they take or don't take. so maybe the board should look at common sense as well and use it....
Nassar

Madison, AL

#16 Jun 3, 2013
I smoke pot and it does wonders for me.
DISSAPOINTED

Madison, AL

#17 Nov 3, 2013
I agree that Dr. A was a great Dr. also. Now thanks to the DEA we chronic pain patients have to live in pain 24/7. Most pain management Dr's are afraid to write prescriptions now.
DISSAPOINTED

Madison, AL

#18 Nov 3, 2013
Nassar wrote:
I smoke pot and it does wonders for me.
I wish Alabama would legalize Medical Marijuana. It would certainly help so many people but instead of legalizing something that is grown from the ground, helps people, and is safe, Alabama is cracking down on prescription drugs and I guess the people that are in pain is just going to suffer. I just don't understand this...They have came out with the Marinal Pills also that I have heard works for pain, depression, anxiety, and other health problems as well but unless you are a cancer patient you might as well rule that out also....Fed up with people that don't understand just how well Medical Marijuana can help.
DISSAPOINTED

Madison, AL

#19 Nov 3, 2013
Shoeless Joe wrote:
The fundamental misconception of Dr. A's practice was, as joker stated, "His job is to write pain meds." There's the rub. His job should have been to elevate pain by treating the root cause of the pain in the patient and only use heavy medications when all else failed. From that viewpoint, it's no longer about who abused and who did not. It's about just throwing more and more pills at patients and not even trying to figure out why they were in pain.
I wasn't even given a cursory exam & my wife, who saw Dr. A. for over 10 years, was never re-evaluated through an exam to see if she was improving or not. The only exam that interested Dr. A. was the urinalysis to cover his own ass.
He was a Pain Management Dr. it wasn't his job to find out why you were hurting, the patient should have already knew that from their Rheumatologist or another Dr. Pain Management is just that, to relieve the pain....
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#20 Nov 3, 2013
DISSAPOINTED wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish Alabama would legalize Medical Marijuana. It would certainly help so many people but instead of legalizing something that is grown from the ground, helps people, and is safe, Alabama is cracking down on prescription drugs and I guess the people that are in pain is just going to suffer. I just don't understand this...They have came out with the Marinal Pills also that I have heard works for pain, depression, anxiety, and other health problems as well but unless you are a cancer patient you might as well rule that out also....Fed up with people that don't understand just how well Medical Marijuana can help.
Prescribed medical marijuana will be a long time coming here in the Bible belt because the whole issue is being overshadowed by the brain fried stoners and dope heads that want legalization anywhere/anytime. Those toads are ruining the movement for the REAL medical needs of the people who need it during recovery and rehab.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for Sheriff in Alabama (Madi... (Oct '10) 20 hr VeggieBurger 28
News Superintendent: Every school in Huntsville will... Thu Worriedparent 1
Review: A A Cab Company Apr 22 Test 2
Tulsa Time to Shoot Apr 17 Harold Weeks 2
News Police renew discussion about gang activity in ... Apr 14 Tim Gordan 2
Local Men's Fun Apr 12 Boomer 4
PCB Sexually Assault Apr 12 Boomer 3
More from around the web

Huntsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]