UAHuntsville Shooting Suspect , Dr. Amy Bishop, in Custody

Full story: WHNT News 19

Dr. Amy Bishop, the suspect in Friday afternoon's shooting inside UAHuntsville's Shelby Building, is in police custody.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of393
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
A SAD CITIZEN

Antioch, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

Judged:

This is so sad I pray for the victims and their families May God Bless their souls. I also hope that this woman gets what she deserves that wasnt right and no matter what the situation is it should never result in harming others. People need to find other ways in dealing with hurt and stress. Violence in America needs to come to an end its getting old!
John

Cambridge, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

Amy Bishop and Jim Anderson researched, letters to FTC, rejected patents, etc. all collected by http://www.kitsch-posh.com
Marcy

Cullman, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

Judged:

This is so sad. I am a UAH student and Dr. Podila was a former teacher of mine. Cruz-Vera was also a teacher of mine last summer and its so good to hear he is stable. My prayers go out to all the families involved in this horrible situation.
Concerned student

Madison, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

Judged:

I was a student of Dr. Adriel Johnson, he cared so much about his students and tried to give us every advantage possible to get into medical/dental/veterinary schools. He will be terribly missed...
renee jemison

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

Judged:

god have mercy on us all, teachers killing teachers. educators, so who will be teaching the kids? what are we teaching the kids ?that it is o.k to kill each other OVER a job. with la. haiti,and all that is going on around the world. do we pray harder? or shall we go back to learning the different between right and wrong. i say we bring god back to the classroom, and in everything we do everyday. NOT JUST SAY A PRAYER, WE ALL CAN START BY LIVING WHAT WE PRAY.
James P

Madison, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

Judged:

Please - out of respect please stop showing video of the Melissa Davis whose mother was a victim...
RK Bimali

Madison, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

very sad... though this and last week's Discovery middle school's incidents do not reflect the entire environment of Huntsville and Madison. These are the incident of an individual's senselessness. but the intellectual and environmental loss is will not be covered as we see the victims and suspects profile. our prey goes to the victims and the guilty would get the full punishment.
Josh

Casey, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

Judged:

This is horrible. Yet this is the world we live in. WE can only hope that God is on his way and we hear the mighty trumpet sound soon so we can go home and get away from all this mess. I will continue to pray for the families involved. Its so sad that such a great mind will go to waste rotting in prison until she dies over something like this. Lord help us all!!!
sea bass

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

Judged:

What the hell is up with all the shootings, stabbings, and robberies in Huntsville? I am moving back to DC where its safe.
Anna

New Hope, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

Judged:

I was in Dr. Leahy's class this morning.....idk what to say...please pray for all of us
Rosiecee

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

Judged:

Terribly sad tragedy.

Perhaps this woman professor was taking an SSRI antidepressant.

The Physicians Desk Reference states that SSRI antidepressants and all antidepressants can cause mania, psychosis, abnormal thinking, paranoia, hostility, etc. These side effects can also appear during withdrawal. Also, these adverse reactions are not listed as Rare but are listed as either Frequent or Infrequent.

Go to www.SSRIstories.com where there are over 3,600 cases, with the full media article available, involving bizarre murders, suicides, school shootings/incidents [53 of these] and murder-suicides - all of which involve SSRI antidepressants like Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, etc,. The media article usually tells which SSRI antidepressant the perpetrator was taking or had been using.
annonymous

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

Judged:

James P wrote:
Please - out of respect please stop showing video of the Melissa Davis whose mother was a victim...
My heart goes out to Melissa Davis. When she spoke of Mother-Daughter hair-do at Dillard's last night, I was so glad the two of them were able to do that last night. It is unfortunate as to why Melissa never could reach her mother.

Yes, please stop showing this video. Melissa Davis does not need that at this time.
Rosiecee

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

Judged:

the 14 year old middle school student who killed a 14 year old classmate was on medication for depression, probably an SSRI antidepressant.

Here is the story.

http://www.ssristories.com/show.php...

Paragraphs eight through thirteen read: "The shooting followed the suspect's decision to get out of the gang, said Huntsville attorney Bruce Gardner, who is representing the young suspect in early legal proceedings."

"Gardner said they called themselves Crips, the name of a real nationwide gang started in Los Angeles. It had "initiation rituals and renunciation rituals," Gardner said."

" 'Renunciation rituals' are what gang members go through to leave the gang, Gardner said."

"He said his client's initiation rite required him to spray-paint 'Crips' on a Discovery bathroom wall. Police confirmed Tuesday that a bathroom at the school was sprayed with gang graffiti at some point, but did not say specifically when."

"After being sent to alternative school as punishment, Gardner said the boy, who was taking medication for depression, received counseling that persuaded him to leave the gang."

"My client had made known his intention to leave the gang," Gardner said.'When you renounce, you must submit to a physical beating. It's called 'suiciding out.' "

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2010/02/madison_p...

Madison police say both suspect, victim belonged to the same would-be gang

By Lee Roop

February 10, 2010, 7:11AM
Kwesi Pettway

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

Judged:

Dr. Johnson was a close family friend, and church member. He was a kind soul who always wanted the best for those he taught. My heart goes out to his son and wife whom he left behind. He will be terribly missed.. R.I.P Dr. Johnson.
Livin in Huntsville

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

Judged:

James P wrote:
I know the family. This is hard enough on them. I agree with James P, please stop playing this over and over. As I am sure with all the families involved, this tragedy is hard enough to deal with, without having a reminder every 5 minutes on the TV.

Many thoughts and prayers to the Davis family, and all the other families involved. My heart aches for you all. May you find peace somewhere in the loss. My prayers also go to the family of the shooter. May you all find some way to ease your pain. As for the shooter, I hope that the justice system does not fail in this instance. What you have done has hurt so many good people.
UAH Student

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

Judged:

Dr. Bishop was my teacher this semester, and she was honestly not a bad person, it's still hard to believe that she did this, but those people who are saying that they hope she gets what she deserves are WRONG because ONLY GOD can judge, everyone in the world may fill that she should go to hell, but that's not your decision to make. I morn for the victims and their families, but i also morn for Dr. Bishop, because she was really stressed and she haas to live with her mistakes!
Lindsay

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

Judged:

I can't believe this happened...i'm horrified to go back to school
grady

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

Judged:

wow. just goes to show you never know what someone's thinking. It's getting to where you have to be on guard everywhere you go.
grady

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

sorry for the folks taken and hurt in this senseless act of violence. Where has our humanity gone?
Deja Vu

Mount Pleasant, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

Judged:

Unfortunately, with so many handguns around, shootings in Huntsville is no longer uncommon.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of393
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Huntsville Forum right now

Search the Huntsville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off bu... 4 hr method man 3
Kelvin "KK" Howard Wed Old Friend 1
older man Tue Sharon Johnson 4
Madison County DA's office says hundreds of sex... Apr 13 Ogg Vorbis 6
Sex Clark Five: The greatest Alabama band you'v... Apr 13 Dexter Teen 10
Frm Huntsville Alabama Apr 13 Ashton Kutcher 12
Review: Chronic Pain Care Svc - Shaun Aggarwal MD (Aug '11) Apr 12 Barbara 304
•••
•••