NASA Announces Brightest Lunar Explos...

NASA Announces Brightest Lunar Explosion Ever Recorded

There are 1 comment on the newswatch.nationalgeographic.com story from May 21, 2013, titled NASA Announces Brightest Lunar Explosion Ever Recorded. In it, newswatch.nationalgeographic.com reports that:

A boulder-sized meteor slammed into the moon in March, igniting an explosion so bright that anyone looking up at the right moment might have spotted it, NASA announced Friday.

NASA’s Meteoroid Environment Office is reporting the discovery of the brightest impact seen on the moon in the eight year history of the monitoring program.

Some 300 lunar impact events have been logged over the years but this latest impact, from March 17, is considered many orders of magnitude brighter than anything else observed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at newswatch.nationalgeographic.com.

Since: Apr 13

Lake Oswego, OR

#1 May 21, 2013
Far out my Friends

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
best place to live May 20 Tim Dwyer 4
How to deal with a back stabbing brown noser at... (Aug '10) May 13 ThomasA 33
remington ilion union members hello HUNTSVILLE-- May 12 Sean Hannity 8
Local Taco May 12 Too easy 1
News North Alabama man accused of stealing from chur... Apr 29 ChurchMouse 2
News Man sentenced to life without parole for deadly... Apr 29 Mawtan Lutha Kang 3
News Anthony Verdict Stirs Memories Of Monumental Hu... (Jul '11) Apr 26 Uknownothing 8

Huntsville Jobs

Personal Finance

Huntsville Mortgages