Two Shot While Trying To Repossess Ca...

Two Shot While Trying To Repossess Car In Meridianville

There are 44 comments on the WHNT News 19 story from Jun 4, 2010, titled Two Shot While Trying To Repossess Car In Meridianville. In it, WHNT News 19 reports that:

Three men were rushed to Huntsville Hospital on Friday after an incident at a home in Meridianville, involving two men who tried to repossess a car.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHNT News 19.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Taylor P

Huntsville, AL

#1 Jun 4, 2010
I thought repossessor's could not carry guns? Can you blame the guy i probably would have done the same thing, you have to protect your possessions these days!
kevin

Phenix City, AL

#2 Jun 4, 2010
They deserved it. IMO Bounty hunters and Repossessors should be subject to the same laws as every other person. Get a warrant. But if you approach a residence unannounced, and are mistaken as a thief, you deserve to get shot.

Wasn't it Arizona a few years ago that had some bounty hunters raid the wrong home. Owner opened fire and was killed. Sad that we allow that stuff to happen.
Its an obamanation

Athens, AL

#3 Jun 4, 2010
Taylor P wrote:
I thought repossessor's could not carry guns? Can you blame the guy i probably would have done the same thing, you have to protect your possessions these days!
It's not your possession if you haven't paid for it. It's basically stolen property which the owner is trying to recover.
whatacrok

Rainsville, AL

#4 Jun 4, 2010
What do you want to bet the guy gets to keep the vehicle without paying another payment now!!
Mark

Guntersville, AL

#5 Jun 4, 2010
I don't know my brother's business, so if I were at his house, I would try to stop unknown individuals from taking his car.

All I can say for them is if they mess with a bull, they're going to get a horn!
Sharona

Huntsville, AL

#6 Jun 4, 2010
Oops...someone didn't make their payments....You don't have to have a warrant to repossess a vehicle. It legally belongs to the bank or finance company until that last payment is made....
Robbie

United States

#7 Jun 4, 2010
The repo people should of identified themselves and then called the cops if they had a problem. These repo guys deserved what they get. They shouldn't be packin anyways. Pepper spray is just as effective.
anonymous

Crossville, AL

#8 Jun 4, 2010
Even though they car isn't paid for the repossessor entered the residence and drew a gun. if the car had been on the street it would have been an entirely diffent matter. At the first sign or threat of violence a repossessor is supposed to leave. The resident just has to tell them to get off his property and they have to leave or they are in violation of the law.
BTK

Huntsville, AL

#9 Jun 4, 2010
I don't think you can go into a garage that is attached to the house garage door open or not.That is a sure way to get shot.These two clowns are lucky to be alive.They must have learned from OJ.
Denise

Huntsville, AL

#10 Jun 4, 2010
You people are utterly ridiculous for blaming the repo guys! They were doing their job! The idiots not making their car payments are the ones that needed to be shot! Bunch of dead weights!
ivy

Boca Raton, FL

#11 Jun 4, 2010
just let them take the car, you have to be really behind for them to come and get it, a lot of people are having problems these days, just give in to it, and let them take it back.
letsee

Rainsville, AL

#12 Jun 4, 2010
Denise wrote:
You people are utterly ridiculous for blaming the repo guys! They were doing their job! The idiots not making their car payments are the ones that needed to be shot! Bunch of dead weights!
The idiot shot himself AND his partner! He broke the law by not informing the local police that he was going to repo the car. The story doesn't mention if he asked the debtor for the keys or not. It was the debtor's brother who was at the house. Who is to say that had the debtor not been there he or she might have just come out and handed over the keys (yes, it's farfetched, but now now the debtor has a good case for leverage with the bank). Hopefully his partner will sue him for the medical bills. If his partner ever trolls these boards here's a hint, CALL GOLDBERG 800 600 6014!
Sarah

Marshall, MN

#13 Jun 4, 2010
This should not even be on the news. It should be in You-Tube. It's like something from a movie (comedy). The owner's brother only had a bat. Why would the repossessor pull out a gun? Is he serious about shooting the guy? What if he killed him first? Couldn't he explain that they were there to repossess and show the papers? I can almost bet that the owner's brother thought they were just there to steal the car. You never know... the owner's brother might calm down.
Kurt

Huntsville, AL

#14 Jun 4, 2010
So Dumb & Dumber went into the repo business? They should either learn how guns work and how to use them or not carry them. What a couple of pinheads.
concerned

Panama City, FL

#15 Jun 4, 2010
I hope the brother is ok
American Taxpayer

Brentwood, TN

#16 Jun 4, 2010
By the looks of the house where it happened, they were living above their means! Maybe they should of thought of how they was going to PAY for the car! So many people trying to impress their neighbors with materials...they are FOOLS and are probably bought their house on an interest only loan. Idiots!
becareful

Rainsville, AL

#17 Jun 4, 2010
American Taxpayer wrote:
By the looks of the house where it happened, they were living above their means! Maybe they should of thought of how they was going to PAY for the car! So many people trying to impress their neighbors with materials...they are FOOLS and are probably bought their house on an interest only loan. Idiots!
Judge not, least ye be judged.
Ranger One

Chesterfield, MO

#18 Jun 4, 2010
These pinhead repo nerds really believed that they were above the LAW and could go wherever and do whatever that wanted. I hope that they learned a lesson about going into someone's garage pulling a gun. They both obviously got an ole county beat down by one man are lucky that are not in caskets.

I know these folks and what the reports are not stating is that there were two minor children amist all of this gun pulling by these thugs that could have been injured or killed.

They need to be charged to the fullest degree and get the silk stockings and heels ready for their prison daddy>
Ranger One

Chesterfield, MO

#19 Jun 4, 2010
Denise wrote:
You are out of your mind..... they broke the law and if you feel you can step in my property whenever you want pulling guns. Then you might as well bend on over and ask me which cheek, because the LEAD IS COMING......
Ranger One

Chesterfield, MO

#20 Jun 4, 2010
becareful wrote:
<quoted text>
Judge not, least ye be judged.
Total unwarranted speculation. If you read the report correctly, it wasn't his house and the other relative is not responsible for his debt. Regardless of how much interest may have been on the home loan. I bet you that the Bullet was Interest Free...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rapper Doe B Shot in the Head (Dec '13) 8 hr Doris Dwyer 7
Central Church of Christ in Huntsville Alabama (Jan '07) Jul 2 FedUp100 2,082
Baby Died After Days on Swing Jul 2 Doris Dwyer 2
Review: Fastenrath Sheri DVM Ccrp Jul 1 cubgirl 1
Lauren Morrison Jul 1 Rich N Smooth 7
Review: Robin C Clem Attorney At Law Jul 1 Ike Royce 2
Motorcycle Clubs in HSV? (Nov '10) Jun 30 Bo Lanza 59
More from around the web

Huntsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE