Teenagers Who Need A Stable Job Look Here

Posted in the Huntington Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Business Owner

Ottawa, Canada

#1 Sep 10, 2012
Hey guys. Hope I can find some good quality employees, but before applying where I am the main guy who does the hiring, consider the following:

Do not come in to apply with gauged ears.

Do not come in to apply with metal rods in your nose.

Do not come in to apply with mega tattoos all over your arms.

Do not come in to apply with hooks in your lips.

Do not come in dressed like you are a street brat.

Do not come in to apply with an attitude that the world owes you everything (it doesn't).

I am so sick of seeing ratty looking teenagers who look like anarchist trying to get hired. Seriously, what are they thinking?

I can certainly understand if they want to work at a tattoo shop or at a run down bar, but what the heck is wrong with teenagers and even people in their early 20s? Don't they want to amount to anything anymore? You will NOT land a decent job coming in to apply like that.

Best wishes.

“Often copied, never duplicated”

Level 8

Since: Nov 11

BelAir, CA

#2 Sep 10, 2012
Stable job? You mean they have to shovel horse dung?
1 post removed
cagespleen

Lavalette, WV

#4 Sep 10, 2012
Spleencage wrote:
Stable job? You mean they have to shovel horse dung?
lol. that made me lol. well done.
I hire also

New York, NY

#5 Sep 10, 2012
Business Owner wrote:
Hey guys. Hope I can find some good quality employees, but before applying where I am the main guy who does the hiring, consider the following:
Do not come in to apply with an attitude that the world owes you everything (it doesn't).
I am so sick of seeing ratty looking teenagers who look like anarchist trying to get hired. Seriously, what are they thinking?
I can certainly understand if they want to work at a tattoo shop or at a run down bar, but what the heck is wrong with teenagers and even people in their early 20s? Don't they want to amount to anything anymore? You will NOT land a decent job coming in to apply like that.
Best wishes.
Oh, let me tell you I fully agree with you. When someone lpoking like that come in to apply for work for my company, I trash their application the minute they leave.

I do not want anyone looking like they are a circus sideshow representing my business. This is real life, not an MTV show.

There's a time to grow up children, that should be before applying for employment.
superstar

Charleston, WV

#6 Sep 10, 2012
but I wanna be a rock star or lead singer in a famous band, don't that mean sumptin mr business owner?
Milton Momma

Seattle, WA

#7 Sep 10, 2012
Business Owner wrote:
Best wishes.
So where is this job? I have a 17 yr old son who needs a job and he doesn't have any piercings in his face or anything 'ratty' looking. Very clean cut young man.
here here

Netherlands

#8 Sep 10, 2012
I hire also wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, let me tell you I fully agree with you. When someone lpoking like that come in to apply for work for my company, I trash their application the minute they leave.
I do not want anyone looking like they are a circus sideshow representing my business. This is real life, not an MTV show.
There's a time to grow up children, that should be before applying for employment.
So true. Sometimes the youth of today just does not "get it".
1 post removed
No joke

Huntington, WV

#10 Sep 10, 2012
express yourself wrote:
<quoted text>
i do not think i would want to work for you. there is nothing wrong with the way we choose to express ourselves. visual based society is the problem, not us.
Then don't apply for the position. The owner is expressing themselves by stating they don't want to hire people that fall under X criteria. You can be the underemployed rebel at Starbucks.
Level 6

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#11 Sep 10, 2012
No joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Then don't apply for the position. The owner is expressing themselves by stating they don't want to hire people that fall under X criteria. You can be the underemployed rebel at Starbucks.
You should maybe read again. There was no position, just an idiot trashing the way others look.
1 post removed
cagespleen

Lavalette, WV

#13 Sep 10, 2012
YFNA wrote:
<quoted text>
You should maybe read again. There was no position, just an idiot trashing the way others look.
Did not loot like they were trashing the way anyone looks to me.

Looked like he/she is tired of the way people come in to apply for positions with his/her company.

Being that he/she is the owner/manager/whatever, they get to pick and choose how they want their company portrayed. Just my opinion.
1 post removed
cagespleen

Lavalette, WV

#15 Sep 10, 2012
Attention "Business Owner". Do not reply to "looking for work". Their location is the same as the person called "express yourself". I have a feeling if you tell them the name of your company, you may become toilet papering victim etc.
In The Know

Huntington, WV

#16 Sep 10, 2012
express yourself wrote:
<quoted text>
nice attempt at insulting me <namecalling - rebel>, unfortunately you do no dissuade me from expressing myself in the way i see fit. my appearance should not matter provided i do a good job. really, do your customers care if i have tats or studs in my nose, ears, or lips? who really gives a crap? that will be all now, thank you.
People aren't saying you can't express yourself. They are just saying they are choosing to express themselves.....in the form of choosing what they want their employees to look like. Don't be a square and keep these business owners from being able to express themselves and their opinons.
yes sir

Proctorville, OH

#17 Sep 10, 2012
I do believe that would be discrimination, regardless of your race, religion, denomination all boils down to the same thing..
Milton Momma

Seattle, WA

#18 Sep 10, 2012
Soooo, no one is going to answer me?
1 post removed
Denis

New York, NY

#20 Sep 10, 2012
Milton Momma wrote:
Soooo, no one is going to answer me?
I doubt it. If they did, they'd become a target of harassment by some liberal feel good group or some clueless teenagers. Just my 2 cents.
Denis

New York, NY

#21 Sep 10, 2012
Sorry about the double post, no idea what happened.
DrNo

Rio Grande, OH

#22 Sep 10, 2012
yes sir wrote:
I do believe that would be discrimination, regardless of your race, religion, denomination all boils down to the same thing..
Uh, no it's not. But thanks for playing. Maybe you can get a job at Cabela's as a fish hook tree.
Look Around

Huntington, WV

#23 Sep 10, 2012
Sadly, lots of ink and piercings showing cbn make people uncomfortable or even frightened. If those people are co-workers and/or customers it really is an issue.

Maybe it shouldn't be but it's the reality. If you have chosen to express yourself in that fashion then you proably already have some idea of the difficulties it can create in getting a job where you want to work instead of just where someone will hire you.

If you have your dream job with all of it then congrats, you're one of the few.
cagespleen

Lavalette, WV

#24 Sep 10, 2012
Look Around wrote:
Sadly, lots of ink and piercings showing cbn make people uncomfortable or even frightened. If those people are co-workers and/or customers it really is an issue.
Maybe it shouldn't be but it's the reality. If you have chosen to express yourself in that fashion then you proably already have some idea of the difficulties it can create in getting a job where you want to work instead of just where someone will hire you.
If you have your dream job with all of it then congrats, you're one of the few.
That is correct. I had a waitress bring me my meal over the weekend and there was a metal rod through her tongue. She was a nice person and all, but it just looked so distracting. It was a big turn off and I do not want her waiting on me again. Harsh but true.
my opinion

Lombard, IL

#25 Sep 10, 2012
i do not think it is fair to not hire someone because of your reasons.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
obama cuba 3 min build a bridge 19
MARSHALL claim To Fame isn't What YOU think HERD 12 min Wild Thing 287
Message To The Caucasian People. 32 min If I had a son 37
Ouija board 54 min Ste 12
Steven Smith and Christine Burcham 1 hr Concerned 30
Welfare Queens of Huntington 2 hr Against welfare b... 11
Child custody lawyer (Feb '12) 3 hr numberonedaddy 47
Huntington Teacher, 3rd offence DUI 6 hr Simply curious 43
Huntington Dating
Find my Match