James Akers

Providence, RI

#1 Apr 1, 2013
When are they going to get rid of this "coaching" staff? This team has some very good players but the coaching is awfull. This guy should have been gone a long time ago. Would love to see this team under the coaching of a Wilson or Seals wife Cristy, BJ or even some of the local city / travel coaches like Mike Henson or Brad Christopher, John Sang etc. Way to much talent to waste with these coaches. Even more amazing is the number of players that do not play for HHS even though they go there and the number of them that go to another school just so they can play under other coaches.
SMH

Huntington, WV

#2 Apr 1, 2013
You continue to try and get people to bash HHS softball. After several attempts maybe you should realize that you are the problem and not the coaches, take your daughter and leave, and stop whining. Get a life you poor miserable soul!
Lol

Huntington, WV

#3 Apr 1, 2013
Agreed with the above statement ^^^ lol Mike or Brad? Must be a Hite Saunders parent or either Mike and/or Brad. Lol get a life and move on.
James Akers

Providence, RI

#4 Apr 5, 2013
So you tired of losing yet? Not only losing but not even scoring runs even against class A teams. Granted, a VERY good class A team but class A not AAA. As you all think it is just bashing you must be comfortable with losing. It has become a tradition and if you know it or not, a lot of the teams in the area make fun of these kids and talk about an :easy: game against HHS and THAT is what bothers me. These kids have talent but are being made fun of by other teams both on and off the field. By the way, other high school coaches talk about how good this team could be so it is not just me. Hope they turn their season around and get some confidence back. Say what you want, starts with coaching.
James Akers

Providence, RI

#5 May 3, 2013
Wow - so how did the season go for you? Yet another losing season and to end it by being up 3 - 1 in the last inning with two outs and LOSE - Really!!??

Tell me again how I am "bashing" the coaches.

By the way. I was umpiring last night and some kids who lost came in to play with their city team. They all talked about how much better the coaching is in East Huntington League than high school!! They are all looking forward to the rest of the year in city / travel teams so they can play competitive ball. If you think that is "bashing" so be it.

“Im not who you think I am”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#6 May 3, 2013
James Akers wrote:
Wow - so how did the season go for you? Yet another losing season and to end it by being up 3 - 1 in the last inning with two outs and LOSE - Really!!??

Tell me again how I am "bashing" the coaches.

By the way. I was umpiring last night and some kids who lost came in to play with their city team. They all talked about how much better the coaching is in East Huntington League than high school!! They are all looking forward to the rest of the year in city / travel teams so they can play competitive ball. If you think that is "bashing" so be it.
Brad Christopher.....COACHING.....h e has never coached any player a day in his life except his precious lil daughter that goes to Midland. he has hung onto the coat tail of every coach that she has played for, but you see he doesnt coach high school ball so she didnt get to play much varsity this year. oh can I say it one more time.....ROTFLMFAO.....Brad Christopher.....COACHING !
Billy Baseball

Huntington, WV

#7 May 3, 2013
CMHS parent wrote:
<quoted text>Brad Christopher.....COACHING.....h e has never coached any player a day in his life except his precious lil daughter that goes to Midland. he has hung onto the coat tail of every coach that she has played for, but you see he doesnt coach high school ball so she didnt get to play much varsity this year. oh can I say it one more time.....ROTFLMFAO.....Brad Christopher.....COACHING !
I heard she quit the high school team. Upset over not seeing the field.

Location hidden

#8 May 3, 2013
Billy Baseball wrote:
<quoted text>I heard she quit the high school team. Upset over not seeing the field.
well, well, WELL.....lets do some digging and find out then :)!
Here you go again

Huntington, WV

#9 May 4, 2013
When a team wins it is the players, and when a team loses it is the coaches. If you are so unhappy take your child elsewhere. Get her ready for pro softball don't worry about getting her ready for the real world.
lol

South Point, OH

#10 May 4, 2013
Is he a teacher?
Reserved

Chesapeake, OH

#11 May 6, 2013
Yes he is. Those girls played hard and have heart. Go lady highlanders you rock
Voice

United States

#12 Jun 28, 2013
I don't have a dog in this race... However.. I have heard a lot of negative things about coaching at HHS. It is what it is and that is simple. A lot of talent but needs the right coaches. Brad and mike have coached a lot of young ladies and do well with them. His "precious" daughter is one of rate form not cocky level headed and encouraging to other players. The kid loves the game and is dang good at it! Mike and brad coach consistent and fair. The hateful condescending comments are a reflection of the bitterness somewhere in your own situation. They would be great coaches FLAT OUT! If I had a kid that played I'd want her under their leadership. Good ol school coaching not the politics and Butkiss and the who ya know that goes on. Perhaps those are the interest that motivate u to speak so negatively. Oh well doesn't matter. Hopefully HHS can get it together there's some talented girls that have been and are coming through.

Location hidden

#13 Jun 28, 2013
Voice wrote:
I don't have a dog in this race... However.. I have heard a lot of negative things about coaching at HHS. It is what it is and that is simple. A lot of talent but needs the right coaches. Brad and mike have coached a lot of young ladies and do well with them. His "precious" daughter is one of rate form not cocky level headed and encouraging to other players. The kid loves the game and is dang good at it! Mike and brad coach consistent and fair. The hateful condescending comments are a reflection of the bitterness somewhere in your own situation. They would be great coaches FLAT OUT! If I had a kid that played I'd want her under their leadership. Good ol school coaching not the politics and Butkiss and the who ya know that goes on. Perhaps those are the interest that motivate u to speak so negatively. Oh well doesn't matter. Hopefully HHS can get it together there's some talented girls that have been and are coming through.
2 questions for this last post ?
1. why, if your REALLY in Manasas, VA, would the coaching situation at Huntington, WV High School concern you....unless your a BC suckup.....
and 2. if BC's daughter is playing at Cabell Midland...why would he want to coach at Huntington ?
pardon me for asking !
Johnny

Chesapeake, OH

#14 Jun 29, 2013
CMHS parent wrote:
<quoted text>
2 questions for this last post ?
1. why, if your REALLY in Manasas, VA, would the coaching situation at Huntington, WV High School concern you....unless your a BC suckup.....
and 2. if BC's daughter is playing at Cabell Midland...why would he want to coach at Huntington ?
pardon me for asking !
. The current coach has 2 state championships. Hmm.

Location hidden

#15 Jun 29, 2013
Johnny wrote:
<quoted text>. The current coach has 2 state championships. Hmm.
still not an answer to my questions !
Sallie Softball

Huntington, WV

#16 Jun 30, 2013
Johnny wrote:
<quoted text>. The current coach has 2 state championships. Hmm.
More like BJ has two state championships.

Location hidden

#17 Jun 30, 2013
Sallie Softball wrote:
<quoted text>More like BJ has two state championships.
yes, but when did he get thrown in the conversation !
Sallie Softball

Huntington, WV

#18 Jun 30, 2013
CMHS parent wrote:
<quoted text>yes, but when did he get thrown in the conversation !
When Johnny mentioned 2 state championship. If it weren't for BJ being there the championships would not have happened.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Civil war was no about slavery 1 hr Needle Dee Ock 10
GD Ritzy's--BEWARE (Sep '10) 2 hr HUNTINGTON QUARTER 29
Lesage shooting 2 hr Negro hangs 7
Amy Glover is Still Using Heroin 2 hr Hater 13
CON IMPLICATIONS FOR WEST VIRGINIA's HCA 3 hr Frank Underwood 38
West Virginia Near the Top in Healthcare Costs ... 3 hr Frank Underwood 21
Lekeisha Rochelle Bowles- Macy's 3 hr Praying for you 2

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance