First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Big Bully

United States

#1 Feb 4, 2012
Does anyone know what happened to Tobacco Hut stores. They used to carry pipes.
ex smoker

Amelia Court House, VA

#2 Feb 4, 2012
They shut down. Only thing around now is stogies and whatever is at old tabacco hut location by the mall
ex smoker

Amelia Court House, VA

#3 Feb 4, 2012
Smokin joes
Big Bully

United States

#4 Feb 6, 2012
Why did they shut down?
i know

United States

#5 Feb 6, 2012
To many employees stole from them and Greg (one of the owners) got hooked on pills. His wife had to close them because he started taking money after the drs stopped providing the pills.
IMHO

United States

#6 Feb 7, 2012
I am not sure about the drugs? Sounds too cliche.
i know

United States

#7 Feb 7, 2012
I knew them both well but Greg has since stopped the pills I've been told. After you loose everything it kind of opens your eyes. They lost almost everything
Big Boned

Charleston, WV

#8 Feb 13, 2012
Where are they now?
for sure

Charleston, WV

#9 Aug 26, 2012
i know wrote:
I knew them both well but Greg has since stopped the pills I've been told. After you loose everything it kind of opens your eyes. They lost almost everything
Me and my kids know him too. He is stealing from the doctor an lying to him.
Greg is a fast talker an he did take pills. He stole his stores dry.
He will steal from you or tell police that you stole from the store and it wan't his fault the bills never caught paid.
He lookin for pills now. Do you have any?
for sure

Charleston, WV

#10 Aug 26, 2012
i know wrote:
To many employees stole from them and Greg (one of the owners) got hooked on pills. His wife had to close them because he started taking money after the drs stopped providing the pills.
you don't nothing. His wife is as bad as he is. They closed because he owed everyone for the stock and he couldn't get nothing to sell.
LOL on you knowing them. No one stole from them except them selves. The dotor will learn this after he is broke. Ha ha on the Pill Doctor.
lol

Charleston, WV

#11 Aug 26, 2012
IMHO wrote:
I am not sure about the drugs? Sounds too cliche.
you better be sure. They will steal from you too. Greg took drugs, he stole from the business and he went broke. His wife didn't help, she left him, after she stole her share. This stupid pill doctor will get what he deserves. People have told him about Greg.

Wake up people, are you going to help him do the same thing to another person?
dumb

Charleston, WV

#12 Aug 26, 2012
i know wrote:
I knew them both well but Greg has since stopped the pills I've been told. After you loose everything it kind of opens your eyes. They lost almost everything
You don't know nothing.
They live in a garage. She came back when she learned that he has some one to scam. It won't last. Greg is to greedy.So is his wife. Both of them out for themselves. They don't care who they hurt.
dumb

Charleston, WV

#13 Aug 26, 2012
i know wrote:
To many employees stole from them and Greg (one of the owners) got hooked on pills. His wife had to close them because he started taking money after the drs stopped providing the pills.
The same Doctor that he is now scamming.
bad

Charleston, WV

#14 Aug 27, 2012
dumb wrote:
<quoted text>The same Doctor that he is now scamming.
Very bad thing for Greg to do. He can go to jail for that.

I heard that he knows all about jail.
for sure

Charleston, WV

#15 Aug 27, 2012
don't you be puttin my baby's daddy back in jail. We need him for ciggies and pills. We sure don't need him for no lovin. His ole wife, Helen is all 1 toof and 1 fang.
helen

Mount Morris, MI

#16 Aug 27, 2012
I love to play the poker machines after some dummy puts a lot of money in them ..I usaly watch how much they put in.....I love pills also....Greg has this doc's blood money...round 2 ...let's do this.
helen

Mount Morris, MI

#17 Aug 27, 2012
dumb wrote:
<quoted text>The same Doctor that he is scamming.
yes hunny
Greg Carter

New York, NY

#18 Oct 23, 2012
He has even scammed his own mother!!! She couldn't even afford to buy food
Extremely Happy Customer

Charleston, WV

#19 Nov 20, 2012
I am not sure who was posting most of this stuff, but half the stuff is hillarious. The stores closed before due to personal problems...not theft, or lying...

Also, Tobacco Hut has re-opened. It looks like they opened their store in Barboursville by Wal-Mart on rt. 60 about 6 or 8 weeks ago, and they opened a second store in West Moreland right beside Fruth Pharmacy. It is the same owners, and they are carrying most of (if not all of) the same items they carried before. I just bought a brand new bowl (two actually) from the store by walmart. They were beautiful, I'd never seen anything like them before. They also have a lot of items I had never seen before. Greg is the owner and he has been working at both locations since they opened, but all of the folks I've talked to in there seem to be very friendly and are some of the coolest people that I've seen working retail for a while.

I wasn't going to post anything but I just left Tobacco hut a few hours ago and noticed some postings here. I don't believe half of what they were saying about the owners before... they certainly don't seem to be shady at all, and honestly it is none of my business anyway... but if you would like to see for yourself, stop in and visit them at either of their locations and I guarantee that your experience will be as pleasant as mine was...and I am very happy with my purchase and can't believe they have finally re-opened. I hope they do well, and I for one am going to continue going there as long as they keep treating me as nice as they made me feel.
Huntington

Huntington, WV

#20 Nov 20, 2012
Extremely Happy Customer wrote:
I am not sure who was posting most of this stuff, but half the stuff is hillarious. The stores closed before due to personal problems...not theft, or lying...
Also, Tobacco Hut has re-opened. It looks like they opened their store in Barboursville by Wal-Mart on rt. 60 about 6 or 8 weeks ago, and they opened a second store in West Moreland right beside Fruth Pharmacy. It is the same owners, and they are carrying most of (if not all of) the same items they carried before. I just bought a brand new bowl (two actually) from the store by walmart. They were beautiful, I'd never seen anything like them before. They also have a lot of items I had never seen before. Greg is the owner and he has been working at both locations since they opened, but all of the folks I've talked to in there seem to be very friendly and are some of the coolest people that I've seen working retail for a while.
I wasn't going to post anything but I just left Tobacco hut a few hours ago and noticed some postings here. I don't believe half of what they were saying about the owners before... they certainly don't seem to be shady at all, and honestly it is none of my business anyway... but if you would like to see for yourself, stop in and visit them at either of their locations and I guarantee that your experience will be as pleasant as mine was...and I am very happy with my purchase and can't believe they have finally re-opened. I hope they do well, and I for one am going to continue going there as long as they keep treating me as nice as they made me feel.
This seems legit, just a regular customer over here, not affiliated with Tobacco Hut in any way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nathan and Amanda Smith 57 min Haha 8
Semi pro football team 59 min CCWildcats 1
[Serious] Basic information about AA meetings i... 1 hr Asking For Friend 15
Chay Bailey 2 hr Smh 27
Best church in Huntington 2 hr Observer 24
Topix Censorship 3 hr -zaphod- 79
Google HPVCausesCancer 3 hr WATCHDOG 83
More from around the web

Huntington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]