smokers_should_have_no_special_rights

Posted in the Huntington Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
non smoker happily

Saint Albans, WV

#1 Sep 7, 2012
I am so sick of co-workers thinking they should be entitled to smoke breaks. They come back to work and smell horrid. I am not being mean in any way, just keeping it real.

I do not see how it was possible, but on my way home this morning, I kept smelling cigarette smoke. I could not figure it out for a minute then I realized it was the vehicle in front of me. We were at a stop light with their window down. How on earth can they possibly smoke so much that that I could smell it coming through my vents in a vehicle behind them.

It smells terrible, there is no way there can be any health benefit from it.

Why can't you just switch to an e-cigarette? At least you would not stink up everywhere you go. Geez.
I So Concur With You

Germany

#2 Sep 7, 2012
You are right on my friend. Smokers just come off as kinda nasty because they smell so awful. Nice yellow teeth and fingertips.

No way should they be allowed to put their "odors" onto the rest of society who seems to actually give a crap about how we smell. I can not stand my coworkers who think they should be given smoke breaks either. Should I get extra beaks because I am addicted to drugs (I am not btw)? They usually have a general attitude that the world owes them.
Kudos to the orig poster

Houston, TX

#3 Sep 7, 2012
Finally a thread that makes some sense. Nice to see topix used for something positive :)
Need a break

Springfield, NJ

#4 Sep 7, 2012
non smoker happily wrote:
I am so sick of co-workers thinking they should be entitled to smoke breaks. They come back to work and smell horrid. I am not being mean in any way, just keeping it real.
I do not see how it was possible, but on my way home this morning, I kept smelling cigarette smoke. I could not figure it out for a minute then I realized it was the vehicle in front of me. We were at a stop light with their window down. How on earth can they possibly smoke so much that that I could smell it coming through my vents in a vehicle behind them.
Why can't you just switch to an e-cigarette? At least you would not stink up everywhere you go. Geez.
I'm stressed, this thread stresses me out. I need a smoke break <insert sarcasm>.
Interesting

Huntington, WV

#5 Sep 7, 2012
Well. I am a smoker. I do not have yellow teeth or fingers...because I make sure to keep myself clean, brush twice a day and wash my hands like a normal human being.
When working an 8 hour shift you are entitled to two 15 minute paid breaks and one 30 minute unpaid lunch. What people do on their breaks, is their business. The only way you will smell like smoke, is if you are outside gossiping with the smokers. You dont just get to smelling like smoke staying inside and away from all of them...it cant just transfer like that, you are imagining things. Also, even when you do go outside and gossip, the smell will eventually dicipate.
We dont ask for special rights....the non smokers do! "Make them go outside" they say, Well now if you want to smoke you have to go outside by law. So, who is asking for the special modifications? That's right, the non smokers.
Now that is settled, shut up and stay away from us smokers you stuck up yuppie!:) Have a lovely day!:)
cityworker

Wexford, PA

#6 Sep 7, 2012
...I bet you are fat and smell like a new born rat.

Level 5

Since: Oct 11

Winfield, WV

#7 Sep 7, 2012
I'm not a smoker, but I have to say...cigarettes are legal. If it's so bad...instead of making hundreds of laws, rules, and regulations, why not just make cigarettes illegal? Drugs are illegal and they don't even pose a health threat to those who don't use them...unlike cigarettes. You could argue the same for chewing tobacco. It's nasty.

The reason it's not illegal is because politicians have taxed the holy hell out of them. These tobacco users are being used for their money. This money goes to fund social programs that politicians create in return for votes.
LIL OL ME

Scott Depot, WV

#8 Sep 7, 2012
every company has scheduled breaks for all their employees..what they do on their break is up to them,,they have rights just like everyone else does,,,I hate the co workers who come in drowned in cologne or perfume so bad it will gag you,,,but we have no right to tell them they can't do it because they have rights as well
mind your business

Springfield, NJ

#9 Sep 7, 2012
Shut the fu** up,non smokers on their cell phones all day,or plainly sitting in their lazy asses not being productive at all,are just mad cause a smoker left and took a break and are not there to do all their damn work,your probably at work now posting this instead of working,lazy,big mouth,worry about your self and not everyone else.
1 post removed
tru dat b

Huntington, WV

#11 Sep 7, 2012
tru it iz. do it be kewl 2 b askun 4 special br8ks all da time?+ dey be stankin up da h0le plaze - peace.
1 post removed
I do not smoke either

Charleston, WV

#13 Sep 7, 2012
Listen, I do not smoke either and I find the smell of smokers to be very unpleasant. I have a right be it indoors, or OUTDOORS, to breath clean air.

No one should be subjected to smokers stench because a person is to weak willed to stop smoking. No one forces you to put that nasty stick of poison in your mouth.
Level 6

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#14 Sep 7, 2012
tru dat b wrote:
<quoted text>
tru it iz. do it be kewl 2 b askun 4 special br8ks all da time?+ dey be stankin up da h0le plaze - peace.
You could have a point here, I just can't tell. Could you perhaps repost this in English?
1 post removed
Soapbox

Germany

#16 Sep 7, 2012
mind your business wrote:
Shut the fu** up,non smokers on their cell phones all day,or plainly sitting in their lazy asses not being productive at all,are just mad cause a smoker left and took a break and are not there to do all their damn work,your probably at work now posting this instead of working,lazy,big mouth,worry about your self and not everyone else.
Spoken like a true lazy smoker :) Have a nice day stinky.
tru dat b

Huntington, WV

#17 Sep 7, 2012
lmbo so correctumundo wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL, that is how they really act.
u b rite up wit dat aiit str8t tell n it yo.

Since: Aug 12

Huntington, WV

#18 Sep 7, 2012
Need a break wrote:
<quoted text>I'm stressed, this thread stresses me out. I need a smoke break <insert sarcasm>.
Stressed as well, believe I'll have a smoke with you.

Huntington, WV

#19 Sep 7, 2012
Interesting wrote:
Well. I am a smoker. I do not have yellow teeth or fingers...because I make sure to keep myself clean, brush twice a day and wash my hands like a normal human being.
When working an 8 hour shift you are entitled to two 15 minute paid breaks and one 30 minute unpaid lunch. What people do on their breaks, is their business. The only way you will smell like smoke, is if you are outside gossiping with the smokers. You dont just get to smelling like smoke staying inside and away from all of them...it cant just transfer like that, you are imagining things. Also, even when you do go outside and gossip, the smell will eventually dicipate.
We dont ask for special rights....the non smokers do! "Make them go outside" they say, Well now if you want to smoke you have to go outside by law. So, who is asking for the special modifications? That's right, the non smokers.
Now that is settled, shut up and stay away from us smokers you stuck up yuppie!:) Have a lovely day!:)
Exactly.

Huntington, WV

#20 Sep 7, 2012
I do not smoke either wrote:
Listen, I do not smoke either and I find the smell of smokers to be very unpleasant. I have a right be it indoors, or OUTDOORS, to breath clean air.

No one should be subjected to smokers stench because a person is to weak willed to stop smoking. No one forces you to put that nasty stick of poison in your mouth.
Weak Willed? No, I chose to light up.
Sure ya do

Houston, TX

#21 Sep 7, 2012
_Marksman_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Weak Willed? No, I chose to light up.
Whatever dude.
Wayne proud and loud

Huntington, WV

#22 Sep 7, 2012
Are there any smoker friendly companies to work for around the area?
I doubt it

Springfield, NJ

#23 Sep 7, 2012
Why on earth would any company want to be known as "smoker friendly"? What a dumb question.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
America Held Hostage Day 331 6 min MarkJ- 5
Markj’s panties in a wad day 330 16 min Ur not 2 bright 5
Attorneys and Judges 18 min Ur not 2 bright 7
Joe Manchin defends Al Franken 21 min Ur not 2 bright 3
National guard coming to huntington 31 min Ur not 2 bright 111
Plate WV-5PJ130 41 min TRUTH 11
Will Do Anything 1 hr Fred 21
Buy your assault rifle today 6 hr Big Bad Whitey 254
3 shootings in 3 hours 7 hr Citizen 42
The latest Huntington murder 14 hr Sad alumn 49