Judge Alferd Ferguson

Posted in the Huntington Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Need2kno

Huntington, WV

#1 Feb 27, 2013
Does anyone know what Judge Ferguson does after the first court date and drug test? Is he strict?
SpellingPolice

Huntington, WV

#2 Feb 27, 2013
Need2kno wrote:
Does anyone know what Judge Ferguson does after the first court date and drug test? Is he strict?
Not sure about all that, but his name is Alfred.
1 post removed
wow

Summersville, WV

#4 Feb 27, 2013
Need2kno wrote:
Yes he is definitely strict depending on your charges!! He hates drug dealers and Detroit boys lol!!! So if you're in any of these categories consider yourself screwed!!!
1 post removed
SpellingPolice

Huntington, WV

#6 Feb 27, 2013
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he is definitely strict depending on your charges!! He hates drug dealers and Detroit boys lol!!! So if you're in any of these categories consider yourself screwed!!!
I've heard that he is usually fair and cuts first offenders a break, but he remembers everyone and if you screw up and come in his court room again, he will not go easy on you.
Probably making myself very unpopular with this statement, but I think all of Cabell's magistrates are fair.
Jill

Hurricane, WV

#7 Feb 27, 2013
Agree with the statements about him being a great man, and a strict judge. However, he is not a magistrate. He has been a circuit court judge for years. Anyone who would make a disparaging remark about a judge on topix is absolutely nuts.
1 post removed
SpellingPolice

Huntington, WV

#9 Feb 27, 2013
Jill wrote:
Agree with the statements about him being a great man, and a strict judge. However, he is not a magistrate. He has been a circuit court judge for years. Anyone who would make a disparaging remark about a judge on topix is absolutely nuts.
My bad. I'll admit I'm not familiar with the way the system is tiered, magistrate vs circuit judge. But yeah, badmouthing a judge anywhere probably isn't bright.
wow

Summersville, WV

#10 Feb 27, 2013
SpellingPolice wrote:
<quoted text>I've heard that he is usually fair and cuts first offenders a break, but he remembers everyone and if you screw up and come in his court room again, he will not go easy on you.
Probably making myself very unpopular with this statement, but I think all of Cabell's magistrates are fair.
He is pretty fair but he don't mess around!!! He is a good man just don't try him lol cause he will get u!!!
need2kno

Huntington, WV

#11 Feb 27, 2013
I've heard that he is a fair judge. How strict is he on the swab tests??
hardtimes

Huntington, WV

#12 Feb 27, 2013
When you get indicted and have your first court date infront of Judge Ferguson what normally happens next?
wow

Summersville, WV

#13 Feb 27, 2013
hardtimes wrote:
When you get indicted and have your first court date infront of Judge Ferguson what normally happens next?
He usually drug test u then he will either send u to the probation dept, day report, or home confinement depending on your charges and test results!!!
easy_fix

Huntington, WV

#14 Feb 27, 2013
need2kno wrote:
I've heard that he is a fair judge. How strict is he on the swab tests??
Here's an easy fix for ya: if you've already made the mistakes that landed you in front of a judge, then don't do drugs. Stay clean and it won't matter when or if you're tested. I think you'll find that the judge will give you a chance to turn your life around. What you do with that chance is up to you. Now's the time to grow up and get yourself out of the system and onto better things. As a former user myself, I used to get all my pleasure from drugs and drinking. Now, I cannot tell you how good it is to get pleasure from simple things like a walk in the park or a nice steak. I really hope folks will just take the chance a judge gives them and be their best selves.
1 post removed
hardtime

Richmond, VA

#16 Feb 28, 2013
Easyfix that's very true and inspirational.
wondering

Huntington, WV

#17 Feb 28, 2013
easy_fix wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's an easy fix for ya: if you've already made the mistakes that landed you in front of a judge, then don't do drugs. Stay clean and it won't matter when or if you're tested. I think you'll find that the judge will give you a chance to turn your life around. What you do with that chance is up to you. Now's the time to grow up and get yourself out of the system and onto better things. As a former user myself, I used to get all my pleasure from drugs and drinking. Now, I cannot tell you how good it is to get pleasure from simple things like a walk in the park or a nice steak. I really hope folks will just take the chance a judge gives them and be their best selves.
. Iam very proud of you if only everyone would listen to what you say
hardtimes

Huntington, WV

#18 Feb 28, 2013
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
He usually drug test u then he will either send u to the probation dept, day report, or home confinement depending on your charges and test results!!!
Thx. My brother went infront of him almost a month ago. Judge Fergeson sent him down to take a drug test and scheduled another court date around a month away. Problem is he was a HEAVY pot smoker. He's worried the thc will still be in his system considering it stays in your system a long time and he was such a heavy smoker.
wow

Summersville, WV

#19 Feb 28, 2013
hardtimes wrote:
<quoted text>Thx. My brother went infront of him almost a month ago. Judge Fergeson sent him down to take a drug test and scheduled another court date around a month away. Problem is he was a HEAVY pot smoker. He's worried the thc will still be in his system considering it stays in your system a long time and he was such a heavy smoker.
Yes I know someone that went through that as well!! They test the levels so they will know if he has smoked since his last drug test if he has he does not take kindly to consistent dirty drug screens!!! As long as he keeps his nose clean he should be fine!!!
1 post removed
need2kno

Huntington, WV

#21 Feb 28, 2013
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
. Does anyone know what normally happens if your drug screen tests positive for marijuana on the second court hearing.?
wow

Summersville, WV

#22 Feb 28, 2013
need2kno wrote:
<quoted text>. Does anyone know what normally happens if your drug screen tests positive for marijuana on the second court hearing.?
It just depends he don't like repeated dirty drug test especially after the first!!! If I was u I would lay off the weed if u don't wanna go to jail
straight

Huntington, WV

#23 Feb 28, 2013
resident wrote:
If your honest and and a good hard working citizen, he is an awesome person! If your a druggy, cheat, PoS, chances are you will be on topix talking smack! Keep your nose clean and you won't have to wonder.......
LoL... I agree... It never hurts to get knowledge. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes even embarrassing ones such as getting inditited.
D-man

Alexandria, VA

#24 Feb 28, 2013
easy_fix wrote:
<quoted text>Here's an easy fix for ya: if you've already made the mistakes that landed you in front of a judge, then don't do drugs. Stay clean and it won't matter when or if you're tested. I think you'll find that the judge will give you a chance to turn your life around. What you do with that chance is up to you. Now's the time to grow up and get yourself out of the system and onto better things. As a former user myself, I used to get all my pleasure from drugs and drinking. Now, I cannot tell you how good it is to get pleasure from simple things like a walk in the park or a nice steak. I really hope folks will just take the chance a judge gives them and be their best selves.
That's AWSOME good post !!!
Heather

United States

#25 Mar 1, 2013
What about. Paul. Ferrell. how is he on court cases

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 5 min Dalai Lama 58,926
Why are Muslims so violent? 52 min The Last Warrior ... 118
too many boys around here need to MAN UP 53 min The Responsible N... 8
tlk group 58 min extremely high 40
HHS and CMHS should ban YOGA PANTS now 1 hr dexter 8
Last Post Wins! (Jan '11) 1 hr Ohm 3,202
Kama Bailey Reynolds cheated on husband? 1 hr Howard Elkins 1
Huntington Dating
Find my Match

Huntington Jobs

Huntington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Huntington News, Events & Info