What keeps you in Huntington?

Posted in the Huntington Forum

“The Night He Came Home”

Level 2

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#1 Mar 30, 2014
I moved back last year and now I am moving far far away again. For anyone with aspirations in life or even hopes for your children, move. There is nothing here. It is the second worst city in the entire country. But asides from that, what keeps you here....and for other people that have moved back WHY? Save up some money and leave ASAP, this town is "all kinds of stupid".
busty

Charleston, WV

#2 Mar 30, 2014
The heroin.
elmertherat

United States

#3 Mar 30, 2014
trailer trash putay!
joe

Huntington, WV

#4 Mar 30, 2014
StupidProof wrote:
I moved back last year and now I am moving far far away again. For anyone with aspirations in life or even hopes for your children, move. There is nothing here. It is the second worst city in the entire country. But asides from that, what keeps you here....and for other people that have moved back WHY? Save up some money and leave ASAP, this town is "all kinds of stupid".
Me staying here as long as I have is by far my biggest regret in life. Hgtn shoot wv altogether sucks. No jobs no economy drugs galore nothing to do here
well here

Charleston, WV

#5 Mar 30, 2014
the welfare system is keeping them here' they got it made and there to scared' to move out of state to leaive the hills and to work' cant waite till the welfare shuts them off' they wont get married they shack up to get more money 'lazy ass ppl here i moved back after 30 yrs' in the shipyards i made my living' dont get nothing from the bum system.
lol

Charleston, WV

#6 Mar 30, 2014
I've visited plenty of other cities, and huntington isn't THAT bad, people. I've seen far worse. Sure, there aren't tons of great available jobs, but that comes with a small town. Huntington has grown so much since I was younger. New hospital add ons, new colleges, buildings, and dorms at MU, new MU football and soccer facilities, new schools, the mall was renovated, new restaurants, Pullman Square, etc.

Level 4

Since: Dec 12

Huntington, WV

#7 Mar 30, 2014
poverty
Bkb

Tampa, FL

#8 Mar 30, 2014
Blacks shooting each other. I think it is funny.
joe

Huntington, WV

#9 Mar 31, 2014
lol wrote:
I've visited plenty of other cities, and huntington isn't THAT bad, people. I've seen far worse. Sure, there aren't tons of great available jobs, but that comes with a small town. Huntington has grown so much since I was younger. New hospital add ons, new colleges, buildings, and dorms at MU, new MU football and soccer facilities, new schools, the mall was renovated, new restaurants, Pullman Square, etc.
That's why it's Number one on the polls for worst city region to live in

Level 4

Since: Dec 12

Huntington, WV

#10 Mar 31, 2014
lol wrote:
"GROWN?!?" Marshall has added buildings but there's been no rise in its enrollment.
The 2 main Hospitals have thrived, but that's due to: The region is comparatively high with unhealthy people ( high smoking %, high morbid-obesity % High illiteracy %= people dont know how to take care of themselves, high % of people on medicaid and medicare resulting from high poverty/high unemployment/high disability) CHH annexing itself with Marshall, The Catholic church, with money to burn, modernizing St Mary's, rising health-insurnace costs means bigger payouts to hospitals.
Huntington has less than half the people it had in the 70's. There's a 50% vacancy rate on homes and commercial spaces. Retail moved to B'Ville and they get the revenue despite the Mall having our name. A lot of people who decided to stay, moved to Ohio for lower taxes, or Teays Valley to be between CHas and Hunt in more modern housing. Pullman Square is a joke: a couple of boutique shops for women, a bunch of cel phone places, some crappy eateries, a failing bookstore, and a movie theater which has seen a 30% drop since the ones in the mall opened.
What has grown is the # of law firms, local banks, liquor store, bars, crime and drugs, fast food places, and pawn shops.
cunny linguz

Chicago, IL

#11 Mar 31, 2014
Its the hookers is what i look forward to in life is to drop a fifty dollar bill.so i can get my thrill.Linguz
richard

Charleston, WV

#12 Apr 1, 2014
I stay for all of the babes that stroll on 6th ave. the finest bunch of ladies that you will find anywhere. I loves me some 6th ave poontang!
gary

Minford, OH

#13 Apr 2, 2014
this ankle braclet keeps me here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins! (Jan '11) 29 min texas pete 3,314
user fee 1 hr MarkJ 90
ObamCare horror stories! 1 hr -zaphod- 3
Obama wants voting to be mandatory. 1 hr Sir MarkJ 49
News Malfunction shuts down 2nd Camden Park ride (Aug '11) 1 hr jenny 7
bikini lingerie cleaning servics 2 hr need cleaning 11
I think I am bi curious 2 hr Young man 6
martin shoot 3 hr -zaphod- 47
Who's the POS that shot Rudy Magana? 7 hr frank 21
Holderby Shooting 18 hr West 48