Firefighter Boot Drive Friday, Donati...

Firefighter Boot Drive Friday, Donations Sought for Cricket's Kids, Toy Train Too

There are 26 comments on the Huntington News story from Nov 30, 2012, titled Firefighter Boot Drive Friday, Donations Sought for Cricket's Kids, Toy Train Too. In it, Huntington News reports that:

Huntington firefighters hold their annual charity Fill the Boot drive Friday Nov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Huntington News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
bonesurwife

Springfield, NJ

#1 Nov 30, 2012
Yeah. Not only do we pay taxes so they can fuel those giant gas guzzlers and drive them to the middle of a major road, but they hold up those same tax payers and badger them for more money. I understand its for children for xmas but they should come up with a better way to have fundraisers. I was late to class because they closed off two lanes of traffic and caused a backup. Merry xmas.
concerned

South Point, OH

#2 Dec 1, 2012
bonesurwife wrote:
Yeah. Not only do we pay taxes so they can fuel those giant gas guzzlers and drive them to the middle of a major road, but they hold up those same tax payers and badger them for more money. I understand its for children for xmas but they should come up with a better way to have fundraisers. I was late to class because they closed off two lanes of traffic and caused a backup. Merry xmas.
Sorry for your inconvenience, I am sure the kids will appreciate you being a few minutes late.

Merry Christmas
Level 6

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#3 Dec 1, 2012
bonesurwife wrote:
They do it that way because it works. I'm sure those homeless children who will now get a Christmas appreciate your immense sacrifice.

Huntington, WV

#4 Dec 1, 2012
bonesurwife wrote:
Wow, Scrooge much? I'm sure you're the only person in the history of the world who's been late to a class.
uuuummmmm

United States

#5 Dec 1, 2012
Oh poor you....I'm sure the kids will appreciate your few dollars that you put in the boot ..if you found it in your whiney cold heart to donate...
bonesurwife

Springfield, NJ

#6 Dec 2, 2012
Oh bull manure. I'm not a Scrooge. As I said, I understand it was for children. I believe there should be many (and there are) fundraisers in place for the kids. But right in front of Marshall? I was 10 minutes late to class because of this. What is my Christmas gift? A loss of the high dollar I'm paying in tuition? I don't skip and I'm don't go late. I pay a lot of money for this education and when I don't show up or I am late, I'm not getting my money's worth. So sue me for feeling ripped off as well as inconvenienced.
wow

Vinton, VA

#7 Dec 2, 2012
bonesurwife wrote:
Oh bull manure. I'm not a Scrooge. As I said, I understand it was for children. I believe there should be many (and there are) fundraisers in place for the kids. But right in front of Marshall? I was 10 minutes late to class because of this. What is my Christmas gift? A loss of the high dollar I'm paying in tuition? I don't skip and I'm don't go late. I pay a lot of money for this education and when I don't show up or I am late, I'm not getting my money's worth. So sue me for feeling ripped off as well as inconvenienced.
You really need a life. You sound pathetic. I hope you didn't donate, because sounds like you already sacrificed enough...Maybe you could ask the professor to lecture for 10 extra minutes so you can get what's owed you. Poor thing, damn those needy kids.
MOVE

Huntington, WV

#8 Dec 2, 2012
Unlike the majority I agree with you bones. I started a thread last year over this same subject. Someone please answer me this, if the fire fighters are able to block the street why is no one else able to do this? If a homeless man did this in a lane he would be arrested or removed. Let's allow every charitable organization to panhandle in the middle of the road at each block from 1st street to 29th street. Why don't they allow this? What makes the fire fighters and this boot drive so special that they are allowed to panhandle in the middle of the road?

I await the proverbial answers referring to the poor kids and me being an ahole which totally avoids my question.
patients

United States

#9 Dec 2, 2012
The needy kids...joke. most of the kids that go their parents get theirs from toys for tots or salvation. They just go there for an extra gift. Greedy Is all it is. I volunteered at both for my communications class and seen people going to both
uuuummmmm

United States

#10 Dec 2, 2012
patients wrote:
The needy kids...joke. most of the kids that go their parents get theirs from toys for tots or salvation. They just go there for an extra gift. Greedy Is all it is. I volunteered at both for my communications class and seen people going to both
yea heaven forbid them to get an extra $5 toy ....those selfish lil bastards ..right...you people complaining suck..bitch about a real topic ...I was happy to donate on 3rd ave. And then on 5th ave. Heading home and gave the salvation army bell ringer money even tho I had to stand in the cold an extra second damn her put me a few seconds behind my shopping ...I think I will write a blog about...

Huntington, WV

#11 Dec 2, 2012
bonesurwife wrote:
God forbid you're ever unemployed and need the help of one of these organizations.
bonesurwife

Hadley, PA

#12 Dec 2, 2012
I'm glad someone agrees and makes a very valid point. Its not that I have a problem with the fundraiser, but it is an appalling use of authority. Here's another thing. Those trees that kids put their names on asking for toys, ever looked at those. Kids ask for things like xbox games. That is insane bc it is supposed to be for underprivileged children yet they are asking for something that implies they have an xbox and a TV to play it on. Wtf?
Tom Chuckles

Huntington, WV

#13 Dec 2, 2012
The fire department fundraiser was for the city mission. They no longer collect for crickets kids. I asked Friday when I stopped on 5th Ave.
uuuummmmm

United States

#14 Dec 2, 2012
Bonesurwife what is the big deal..you sound whiney....did mommy and daddy not give you love when you was a child....somebody feeling neglected?

Huntington, WV

#15 Dec 2, 2012
bonesurwife wrote:
I'm glad someone agrees and makes a very valid point. Its not that I have a problem with the fundraiser, but it is an appalling use of authority. Here's another thing. Those trees that kids put their names on asking for toys, ever looked at those. Kids ask for things like xbox games. That is insane bc it is supposed to be for underprivileged children yet they are asking for something that implies they have an xbox and a TV to play it on. Wtf?
You are a pathetic human being.
wow

Altavista, VA

#16 Dec 2, 2012
bonesurwife wrote:
Hey stupid....they're kids! They see commercials and ask for what they see. People buy what you want they will appreciate it either way.
1 post removed
bonesurwife

Hadley, PA

#18 Dec 2, 2012
:) ok. I'm done. I've had my fun. I would like to thank you all for feeding this troll. Merry xmas. Lol.

Huntington, WV

#19 Dec 2, 2012
wow wrote:
<quoted text>Hey stupid....they're kids! They see commercials and ask for what they see. People buy what you want they will appreciate it either way.
Not to mention you can buy most of these gaming units for dirt cheap at most pawn shops.

I guess these kids should ask for rice and water instead? Would that make everybody happy?

Huntington, WV

#20 Dec 2, 2012
bonesurwife wrote:
:) ok. I'm done. I've had my fun. I would like to thank you all for feeding this troll. Merry xmas. Lol.
I hope you're majoring in "get a life."
1 post removed
bonesurwife

Springfield, NJ

#22 Dec 2, 2012
[QUOTE who="."]<quoted text>
I hope you're majoring in "get a life."[/QUOTE]

More I'm working on my second degree. First I majored in your mom, now I'm majoring in your wife.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Htgn Manpower office 10 min Looking 22
Why won't HPD followup on drug dealer tip line 14 min Tonei Loggins 8
Baltimore Street drugs 33 min Lola 22
Trump overturns bill coal mining debris 46 min Deplorable Basket... 54
Wildcat power sports 59 min Mo weinberg 5
Kesha and her new junkie 1 hr Mo weinberg 6
B. I. Tches the all American bitches 1 hr The dude 2
What time does unemployment money show up on de... (Dec '10) 21 hr Kstro 334

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web