dutch miller commericals
Dan

United States

#61 Jan 27, 2011
Get a life. Ads are funny and meant to get your attention. I would say they worked
????

United States

#62 Jan 27, 2011
cautiousmom wrote:
I find the Dutch Miller Chevrolet/Kia commercials to be obnoxious and irritating. I own a Chevrolet Cobalt that I purchased at the Washington Avenue Location and I paid cash, in full for the vehicle. Ever since then, for warranty covered work or work that HAD to be done by a Chevrolet dealer, I've taken my car to Hamilton Chevrolet where everyone from the office clerks down to the mechanics have class and I don't feel ripped off when I've left. I love the Chevrolet automobiles but in the future, I'll buy my cars at Hamilton in Proctorville.
Hamiltons lost their rights to sale or service Chevrolet !!!!! Ha ha
Waltzing Matilda

Saint Albans, WV

#63 Jan 28, 2011
That would be absolutely true:

http://www.chevrolet.com/tools/dealerlocator/...
rrg

United States

#64 Jan 28, 2011
Dan wrote:
Get a life. Ads are funny and meant to get your attention. I would say they worked
You Got legs
Kiaowner

Clarksburg, WV

#65 Jan 28, 2011
I love my cars and i got good deals and get good service there ..commercials are silly, but they do get your attention. lighten up folks, laugh a little!!
teen

United States

#66 Jan 28, 2011
I'm a teenager and my family owns a Kia from there, the people are really nice an so is chris, but personally when those commercials are on I turn the tv to a different channel, the quality of them just makes the company look bad and unprofessional.
MMann

Charleston, WV

#67 Jan 28, 2011
chris miller wrote:
we'll see. i'll be in a bigger market soon.:)
<quoted text>
Well I'm sure Barboursville will miss you. Whatever market you go to, make sure it's far enough away that we don't see your ads on tv.
either way

Charleston, WV

#68 Feb 23, 2011
Because of these horrible commercials, I take my business elsewhere. Obviously, they don't do their job big-lips.
altizerkid

Huntington, WV

#69 Feb 23, 2011
wait, are people talking about dutch miller commercials? dutch miller win.
yeah

United States

#70 Feb 23, 2011
altizerkid wrote:
wait, are people talking about dutch miller commercials? dutch miller win.
All attention isnt good attention. The commercials are horrid.
mmann

Charleston, WV

#71 Feb 24, 2011
Dutch miller has 10 story tall helium balloons over its location because their customers are too dumb to find it otherwise.... Colorful floaty things attract them
deadbeats

Huntington, WV

#72 Feb 24, 2011
its all in fun people..someone must not like Chris
Jesus Saves

Huntington, WV

#73 Feb 24, 2011
mmann wrote:
Dutch miller has 10 story tall helium balloons over its location because their customers are too dumb to find it otherwise.... Colorful floaty things attract them
You seem to troll the boards a lot, do you have a job? God Bless.
IrishMob

Charleston, WV

#74 Feb 24, 2011
Why in the world do people in this area continue to buy cars in Huntington and Charleston? Go to Lexington or Columbus and your wallet with thank you...so will your trade in.
2 posts removed
tell me

Kimberly, WV

#77 Feb 25, 2011
hey mr. miller can you buy a good used car there with slow crdit and a trade in with a good income or is it a waste of time i live like 2hrs from there

Since: Jan 11

Huntington, WV

#78 Feb 27, 2011
I am loving their used lot. Great deals. Keep up the good work chris.
art

Kissimmee, FL

#79 Mar 3, 2011
The commercials are intended to be fun. If you ever sold cars in your life you woukd realize people enter the car lot with a defensive attitude like someone is going to rip them off . The commercials are design to enlighten and make a customer feel a bit more at ease. The corny humor is intentional . I can def tell the ones thats never owned a business
COMMON SENSE

Nellis, WV

#80 Mar 3, 2011
So, you have to have owned a business to 'get' the commercials?

Fail.

Big time.

And if they are intended to be fun, they fail miserably.

There is a reason Don Hall is the Tri-State's largest Chevrolet dealer. Many reasons, actually. And those ads are one of them.
Good service

United States

#81 Mar 3, 2011
If you go to dutch you can deal with chris about buying a car and you can deal with corry pennington about buying an oxy! He has done many deals in the bathroom and handed them under the stall! He even delivers them in the cars!
Fascinated

Charleston, WV

#82 Apr 18, 2011
Y'know, while this entire thread is marginally entertaining, I must say... it's a bit unnecessarily cruel as well.(I know, I know, it's an internet thing...)

Now... I don't know Chris Miller, and can't judge him or Dutch Miller with any personal bias. But speaking as a trained and educated filmmaker with experiences in marketing, writing, etc... the commercials are pretty terrible. They're not funny; but I could understand them being somewhat amusing to people who are acquainted with Miller, the business, or other employees.

Mr. Miller has expressed: "the commercials do their job." And y'know what? He's right! IF the job is to get attention and have people talk about how bad the Dutch Miller commercials are, then they are very successful. Much like the Husson's Pizza commercials... good product, BAD advertising.

But think about it... what else is there to market with a car dealership??? All you have is your product, your rates, and your personal service... along with competition from all the clones doing the exact same things, sometimes with different models, new, used, domestic, foreign... whatever.

And good commercials cost money. Here's the truth: many regional businesses usually skimp on producing one great commercial in favor of several bad ones. They concentrate their marketing budgets on buying airtime on local stations, rather than on the quality of the commercials themselves.

And this isn't limited to Dutch Miller, or even our region. Car dealership commercials are notorious for being poorly written, cheesy, and relatively unprofessional-looking.

It's because they're done on the fly, often by local TV stations who send a tiny crew out for X number of minutes to shoot something basic as part of the package deal with the air-time, with the content often being decided by the owners. What they shoot is then messily tossed together with cheap graphics and repetitive production music. And BOOM, it's on the air.

While I'm sure the Dutch Miller ads aren't meant to win awards, it doesn't excuse them for being stupid and annoying (silly is okay, if it's actually clever or creative).

The personal attacks on Chris Miller, however, are childish and petty. Does he put his best foot forward when he appears in his own commercials as a spokesperson? No. Is it because he isn't capable? No. Is it because the people who actually make these cheap commercials don't really care about the content and how it's presented? Yes, yes, YES!!!

Would a clever, or even just a competent commercial help his business? I REALLY don't know. If it were Husson's Pizza, I would say absolutely! But this is a pretty basic and limited type of business. Keep that in mind as you watch these things.

To Mr. Miller (if you still read this):

Look at the incorrect image Nick Husson (an extremely nice man!!!) projects in his commercials. He comes off as awkward and frozen, instead of warm and mom-n-pop. You, sir, and your colleagues are coming off like good ol'boy fraternity brothers two paces away from a keg. But NOT in an amusing way. I don't want to buy a car from a fratboy.

BUT!!! If I saw regular people IN the commercial saying how cheesy they are, but what great personal service that a down-to-earth guy like Chris Miller gives (and watching you and your people in action, even joking around)...then guess what? Your business would actually EARN my attention in a positive way! That's all it takes! Seriously!

Let us in on the joke, and maybe people will appreciate it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lance & Heath Beaman's sister (Oct '10) 17 min Big Lip Coon 24
Democrats highest to receive govt assistance. 24 min Black kneegar 23
Christopher shy (Feb '15) 3 hr BJS 97
Trumps tax plan 3 hr ardith 72
We are hiring!!! 4 hr Doug 67
Mercedes at off the shoulder 4 hr Facts 11
mixed nuts 2 4 hr trin fa 241

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance