Help Someone My kids are NOT my kids ...

Help Someone My kids are NOT my kids Paternity Fraud

Posted in the Huntington Forum

Dad who needs help

Buffalo, NY

#1 Oct 4, 2013
I need someone to talk to or someone to help me think clearly.

I found out 2 days ago that my daughter and son are not mine. They are 7 and 9 years old.

There had always been a feeling in my gut that my wife was not faithful and I could not take it anymore so I had a paternity test (through the mail) done just to put my mind to rest. My wife did not know I was doing this.

She had always claimed she was faithful, don't they all though?

Anyways, although the results are not legally binding, I know the truth, she had affairs with 2 different men and I am now a victim of paternity fraud.

I love my children and they deserve to know the truth. My wife has told me who she thinks the biological fathers are. She give me the old "it was just these 2 times" excuse. I know better in my heart. I do not want my kids seeking out who their fathers are. I feel like I am going to lose my spot as their dad who raised them.

I do not know if I should ever tell them. I am scared of losing them more than my wife. I am going to divorce her and fight for custody of my kids that I raised.

I cannot stand to even look at my wife anymore. She says she is so sorry and wants to work it out bla bla bla. I seriously have nothing I want to converse with her about. She has ruined my life and I am so afraid of losing my kids to someone else. She does not deserve them. I almost feel like taking them on a trip and starting a new life somewhere else.

I know I am talking ridiculous things that no one wants to hear but I have no one I can talk to about this because I do not want anyone possibly finding out the truth and telling the other men my wife now tells me she had affairs with. They both live local here in Huntington.
oh well

Hurricane, WV

#2 Oct 4, 2013
Dad who needs help wrote:
I found out 2 days ago that my daughter and son are not mine. They are 7 and 9 years old.
There had always been a feeling in my gut that my wife was not faithful and I could not take it anymore so I had a paternity test (through the mail) done just to put my mind to rest. My wife did not know I was doing this.
Anyways, although the results are not legally binding, I know the truth, she had affairs with 2 different men and I am now a victim of paternity fraud.
I love my children and they deserve to know the truth. My wife has told me who she thinks the biological fathers are. She give me the old "it was just these 2 times" excuse. I know better in my heart. I do not want my kids seeking out who their fathers are. I feel like I am going to lose my spot as their dad who raised them.
I do not know if I should ever tell them. I am scared of losing them more than my wife. I am going to divorce her and fight for custody of my kids that I raised.
I cannot stand to even look at my wife anymore. She says she is so sorry and wants to work it out bla bla bla. I seriously have nothing I want to converse with her about. She has ruined my life and I am so afraid of losing my kids to someone else. She does not deserve them. I almost feel like taking them on a trip and starting a new life somewhere else.
I know I am talking ridiculous things that no one wants to hear but I have no one I can talk to about this because I do not want anyone possibly finding out the truth and telling the other men my wife now tells me she had affairs with. They both live local here in Huntington.
sometimes life sukx man. sorry for your bad luck. move on without the kids, you could not take care of your wife appearantly so why do you think you can do a good job taking care of the illegtimate offspring?
Lawless

Columbus, OH

#3 Oct 4, 2013
How scary and hurtful! I'm sorry that you have to go through this. My dad told me regardless of DNA I will always be his daughter. He's the only dad I have ever known. He even offered to adopt me to make it "official". Unless there is a medical reason, I don't want to seek the bio donor. Everyone can feel differently, however. Whatever you decide you and the children are in my prayers.
Lycan

Huntington, IN

#4 Oct 4, 2013
You`re an idiot.
Don`t even pretend you`re gonna do anything smart with this new found knowledge. Keep being the doormat that you are.
1 post removed

Level 1

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#6 Oct 4, 2013
Sounds like you got your troll idea from an episode of Maury povich.
Terrible

Huntington, WV

#7 Oct 4, 2013
So sorry to hear anything like this. Paternity fraud is much more rampant than people think. Women sleep around more than men.
Silent majority

Chesapeake, OH

#8 Oct 4, 2013
Im real sorry to hear that friend...stay strong
get up and go

Kansas City, MO

#9 Oct 4, 2013
dump her n the kids man, it is ur chance to have a life of ur own. like a get out of jail free card lmao.
Dumb

Huntington, WV

#10 Oct 4, 2013
Why did you do the paternity test again? Really. If you love the kids wtf difference does it make?

Grow a set and stfu.
Faithfool

Front Royal, VA

#11 Oct 4, 2013
Dump her immediately. Fight like h3ll for the kids.
Bubba Ho Tep

United States

#12 Oct 4, 2013
In WV, any child born during a marriage is presumed to be the husband's. Also, if you are listed on the birth certificate you are SOL.

There have been cases where a man can prove the child is not his after several years. The main goal of family court is the best interests of the child. If it would harm the child by revealing that the person they have called father for many years is in fact not the father, then the court will not entertain any attempt otherwise.
1 post removed
changing laws

Canton, OH

#14 Jan 19, 2014
hello... i hope you are able to see this since this post has been quite a few months back. unfortunately bubba ho tep is right. and its an awful thing to go thru. and woman can get away with this silent crime and never be held accountable for it. ive been in the process of having the laws changed in wv. ive talked to senators to get a paternity fraud law passed. since this is such a silent crime, no one really pays attention to it unless it happens to them. I started a petition to try to get this stopped and have a law passed. it is a crime.. and its not different than credit card fraud. sign my petition https://www.change.org/petitions/west-virgini... .. when your signature is added, it sends an email to the chairman of the judiciary committee and if more people sign and come forward, we can make a difference and stop this crime. best of luck to you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Female Employees Work Attendance Horrible 36 min Words hurt 79
Felons with pit bulls 55 min Gregory 6
America Held Hostage Day 394 1 hr MarkJ- 14
Stripper at JB's 1 hr Grolento 39
black panther movie 1 hr Really 2
Hey Mr president 1 hr Big Bad Whitey 26
Stanley Steemer 2 hr Large Marge 8

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance