First Prev
of 2
Next Last
h8ter

Saint Albans, WV

#1 Jun 11, 2013
I think this batch of employees suck balls. The animals were living in deplorable conditions, food dumped over in their feces, piss amd shit all over their cells, there was even a dead kitten and they didnt even know....it was stiff. Do they not check on the animals? He asked my friend which one....shit for brains it is not the one climbing up the cage. All the animals had diarrhea. Outside by those dogs they had a bucket of shit in the walkway. You filthy lazy asses need to stop chatting at the front desk and do your jobs. Its neglect and abuse.
sad

New Kensington, PA

#2 Jun 11, 2013
I once went to the shelter with a friend to get a kitten (which happened to die a week later, vet said it had caught something from there) anyway while we were there we saw a mommy dog in labor delivering her puppies. They had her up on some boards about a foot off the cement ground. She had about 5 puppies and a couple of them had rolled off onto the concrete floor. We thought they had gotten hurt and ran to get a worker.. They completely did not care! They literally said well things like that just happen. I was so mad. We stayed with her for a while and actually went in her cage a couple times to move some of the puppies back from the edge bc no one was watching her to make sure they were ok. So so sad.
yes

Chesapeake, OH

#3 Jun 11, 2013
Glad someone from the public noticed. The new shelter director has the whole community fooled with how he is doing such a "Great" job and everyone thinks he cares so much about the animals. Which is a complete and total joke. There are quite a few people out there with horror stories about him, which they've witnessed first hand. They could at least hire someone at the front desk who doesn't sound like death whenever she answers the phone. Her tone is awful and she is always less than helpful. It is such a shame that our mayor, county officials, etc couldn't care less about the piss poor job that the director does. So sad. Thank God for the volunteers and the rescue people. At least they care.
lil darlin

United States

#4 Jun 11, 2013
Snd to think a yr ago the. 31 Of this month i had a beautiful retired regestered grey hound dog. and my babies .my six cats that i had rescuesd drom different places taken .by these people and a beautiful lil white dog all because they said my greyhound had fleas. i was told i was fing abusung my pets. I've never hurt a fing animal. i even help wild anumals when there hurt
and this place don't even clean the cages. how's that for abuse...the damn shelter no doubt put my babies down and they were all healthy. one cat i had since he was three weeks old.no animal needs tp be I'm the huntington shelter.how can they take my animals for no reaspm say my dog had fleas
not give me a chance tp treat her and then. then the damn shelter abused the animals.ok ill shut up .I'm pissed.huntingtom animal shelter needs shut down and all the nabies in there need to go to a clean no kill .:(
lil darlin

United States

#5 Jun 11, 2013
21 Not 31 sorry
interesting

Chesapeake, OH

#6 Jun 12, 2013
lil darlin wrote:
Snd to think a yr ago the. 31 Of this month i had a beautiful retired regestered grey hound dog. and my babies .my six cats that i had rescuesd drom different places taken .by these people and a beautiful lil white dog all because they said my greyhound had fleas. i was told i was fing abusung my pets. I've never hurt a fing animal. i even help wild anumals when there hurt
and this place don't even clean the cages. how's that for abuse...the damn shelter no doubt put my babies down and they were all healthy. one cat i had since he was three weeks old.no animal needs tp be I'm the huntington shelter.how can they take my animals for no reaspm say my dog had fleas
not give me a chance tp treat her and then. then the damn shelter abused the animals.ok ill shut up .I'm pissed.huntingtom animal shelter needs shut down and all the nabies in there need to go to a clean no kill .:(
I don't know about your story. Something is a little fishy. Sorry, but I don't think anyone will believe that your animals were taken away due to just a flea problem.
lil darlin

United States

#7 Jun 12, 2013
interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know about your story. Something is a little fishy. Sorry, but I don't think anyone will believe that your animals were taken away due to just a flea problem.
U don't have to believe me i know the truth. i took care of my animals. always fed my animals. and they were all healthy.what are you the s o b who came to take them away.its trash like you that cause good people to loose there pets.and the animals to be put to sleep.you must work at or support the shelter. my animals were well fed had nonthung wrong with them. the. grey hound had fu cking fleas and the damn town and animal control said it was abuse. wtf.
curious

Huntington, WV

#8 Jun 12, 2013
do you live in an apartment building or a house with a big yard?
lil darlin

Huntington, WV

#9 Jun 12, 2013
at the time I lived in a house with a big yard. im not stupid enough to have pets in a appt. like some people. and I was not in h town . just cabell county.... so believe what you want. some people do take care of their animals un like the shelter who abuses every animal that comes in the door. then puts them to sleep and throws them in the trash to be picked up every Monday. and some don't even fully die.
interesting

Chesapeake, OH

#10 Jun 12, 2013
lil darlin wrote:
<quoted text>
U don't have to believe me i know the truth. i took care of my animals. always fed my animals. and they were all healthy.what are you the s o b who came to take them away.its trash like you that cause good people to loose there pets.and the animals to be put to sleep.you must work at or support the shelter. my animals were well fed had nonthung wrong with them. the. grey hound had fu cking fleas and the damn town and animal control said it was abuse. wtf.
I definitely don't work for the shelter. I'd never be able to put up with or work with people like them. I, too, love animals probably more than people so name calling isn't needed. I actually do A LOT to save animals on a daily basis. If they truly took your animals away due to fleas, did you try to fight it? Did you contact city officials?
Zaphod

Chesapeake, OH

#11 Jun 12, 2013
lil darlin wrote:
<quoted text>U don't have to believe me i know the truth. i took care of my animals. always fed my animals. and they were all healthy.what are you the s o b who came to take them away.its trash like you that cause good people to loose there pets.and the animals to be put to sleep.you must work at or support the shelter. my animals were well fed had nonthung wrong with them. the. grey hound had fu cking fleas and the damn town and animal control said it was abuse. wtf.
Probably infested with fleas. Too many fleas on a dog is toxic and is abuse. Give your animals a bath and a flea dip you lazy pos.
Lil Darlin

Huntington, WV

#12 Jun 12, 2013
interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
I definitely don't work for the shelter. I'd never be able to put up with or work with people like them. I, too, love animals probably more than people so name calling isn't needed. I actually do A LOT to save animals on a daily basis. If they truly took your animals away due to fleas, did you try to fight it? Did you contact city officials?
I did try to fight it . it was not here in Huntington, it was in Milton. she the greyhound had a skin allergiy of some kind when I got her and every time she got in the grass she broke out. I tried doctoring her and got meds for her. but at the time a yr ago I lived near the mud river and sad fleas was bad. she would get them when I let her out side. my cats was indoor cats and did not have them. I gave my dog baths all the time and she loved it.... id never hurt a animal. actually when I got her the people was starving her and I fed her well. she would eat just about any thing.the city officials in Milton don't care... I don't know you personally. so im just angry at the shelter. for taking my pets and I know they destroyed them . that shelter if the truth would be told olny keeps animals a couple weeks then they kill them. but yes the 21 of this month a yr the red truck took my animals . and I have a lot of hate towards them. I was in the right. and there is nonthing I can do.
3 posts removed
interesting

Chesapeake, OH

#16 Jun 12, 2013
Lil Darlin wrote:
<quoted text>
I did try to fight it . it was not here in Huntington, it was in Milton. she the greyhound had a skin allergiy of some kind when I got her and every time she got in the grass she broke out. I tried doctoring her and got meds for her. but at the time a yr ago I lived near the mud river and sad fleas was bad. she would get them when I let her out side. my cats was indoor cats and did not have them. I gave my dog baths all the time and she loved it.... id never hurt a animal. actually when I got her the people was starving her and I fed her well. she would eat just about any thing.the city officials in Milton don't care... I don't know you personally. so im just angry at the shelter. for taking my pets and I know they destroyed them . that shelter if the truth would be told olny keeps animals a couple weeks then they kill them. but yes the 21 of this month a yr the red truck took my animals . and I have a lot of hate towards them. I was in the right. and there is nonthing I can do.

And if fleas were bad, that's why you get flea medication. Of course an animal is going to get fleas if they go outside regularly without any flea medication. Your animals were totally eaten up with them. That is abuse.
notTrue

Chesapeake, OH

#17 Jun 12, 2013
Lil Darlin wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said she would not eat I said she would eat just about anything you dumb ass and I did not plead guilty to any thing because I was not guilty. she she was very well taken care of. and not underfed . or diseased. ur full of shit
If she was eating anything and everything, she wouldn't have been skin and bones. You have no idea the medical treatment that Nova had to go through to save her life. The fact that you're name calling, cursing, being so abrasive, says enough.
stormy

Sandyville, WV

#18 Jun 12, 2013
They make me so mad! Most of the animals are sick, and I honestly think they should NOT BE ALOUD TO CARE FOR HORSES/PONIES. The living conditions are extremely poor, especially for these animals. The dogs and cats are miserable. The people are shitty. They won't even let you volunteer! I've seen them be mean to the dogs, and put dogs in cages with other dogs that don't get along.
It's just bullshit. and laziness.
For fucks sake, put a little love and compassion into your job. Their LIVES are depending on you.
lol

Williamstown, WV

#19 Jun 12, 2013
There's always some no-life weirdos with their noses up the shelter's ass.
really

Chesapeake, OH

#20 Jun 12, 2013
Someone has to have their nose up the shelters ass because, if not, the place would be even more if a hell hole than it already is and many more animals would be dying.
i know

Salt Rock, WV

#21 Jun 12, 2013
Is this greyhound Nova? If so, I followed that sweet dogs recovery and she was totally mistreated. Shame on you if it was.
1 post removed
curious

United States

#23 Jun 12, 2013
Where is this persons story at .and the story of this poor dog u keep talkin about. id like to read it. and see the change in the dog
Reality Check

Huntington, WV

#24 Jun 13, 2013
It was on WSAZ and featured in the Herald Dispatch. Also, local people posted pictures of Nova and the articles on Facebook. It was a great story.
curious wrote:
Where is this persons story at .and the story of this poor dog u keep talkin about. id like to read it. and see the change in the dog

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
is there really a swingers club (Sep '12) 54 min John Horner 169
Diva Soul Food Joanna Williams 1 hr redneck 21
Jimmy Hysell tip on samantha Burns body 1 hr Izzy-_- 65
for desendents of slaves in america 2 2 hr Candy 78
georgersnider111 2 hr debbieP 1
Teays Valley Krogers 3 hr Second Opinion 43
river park hospital (Jul '11) 3 hr Just askin 276

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance