|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
Teachers can only do so much when they have kids who don't care about school or doing well on tests. Parents, stop expecting schools to raise your kids and work with them at home. It's really not hard.
. Some of us do and than the teacher tells them its wrong!!! How's that??
FYI

Poca, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not a real teacher. Pretty awful of them to joke about special education.
. Yes, it is!!
Yeah

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

So what wrote:
<quoted text>. Some of us do and than the teacher tells them its wrong!!! How's that??
Well I can see why if you don't even know the correct word is "then", not "than". Why don't you try actually talking to your child's teacher instead of constantly complaining when they do something "wrong"? Most teachers welcome meetings with parents who want to help their children at home. They can give you an idea of what they are teaching and how you can do it, too.
mumbles

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

So what wrote:
<quoted text>. Some of us do and than the teacher tells them its wrong!!! How's that??
Why would your kids homework be wrong when you help them? Maybe because 3rd grade work is way too hard for you?
nothing new

Mount Lookout, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

HHS wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be talking about Mr. Webb!
No really I was talking about Mr. Tackett, but hear the same things about Webb
MrNornal

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

mumbles wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would your kids homework be wrong when you help them? Maybe because 3rd grade work is way too hard for you?
BINGO! We have a winner. The truth hurts.
funny

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

So what wrote:
<quoted text>. That's not very professional if u to say!!
The person who posted that was, obviously, kidding and trying to be funny.
seriously

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

So what wrote:
<quoted text>. Yea, I graduated from cc school!!!
Nice excuse for being dumb. There are plenty of us out there who are very well educated and went to Cabell County schools. Give me a break. Such a lame excuse.
So what

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

mumbles wrote:
<quoted text>
. 9th grade!!
So what

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice excuse for being dumb. There are plenty of us out there who are very well educated and went to Cabell County schools. Give me a break. Such a lame excuse.
. I faught show!!!
seriously

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

So what wrote:
<quoted text>. I faught show!!!
Excuse me? You faught show? What does that translate to in English?
C11H17N2NaO2S

Palo Alto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Actually I worked on and received my Master's while working 40 - 50 hours a week, 12 months out of the year, so go cry a river about the time it takes a teacher who has summers free
MrNornal

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

I would bet my house that a vast majority posting on here have never met their child's teachers, let alone had meetings with them - unless their little Angels got in trouble.
From first hand knowledge, most of the parents of my wife's 4th graders are pretty stupid, have no concept of what getting an education is all about and some stay high on meth.

If feel for the kids and feel for the teachers having to deal with idiots!
C11H17N2NaO2S

Palo Alto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

MrNornal wrote:
I would bet my house that a vast majority posting on here have never met their child's teachers, let alone had meetings with them - unless their little Angels got in trouble.
From first hand knowledge, most of the parents of my wife's 4th graders are pretty stupid, have no concept of what getting an education is all about and some stay high on meth.
Actually, before we pulled our kids from public school and placed them in private school, we tried just that. We'd send emails that wouldn't be answered, we'd leave voice mails that would be returned about 1/3 of the time. We would go to the middle school's open house where, and I am not exaggerating here, we were only able to see one of nine of our child's teachers because that was the ONLY teacher of our child's that came to the open house. We had to start CC'ing the principals as well as the BOE to get replies to our email and a parent teacher conference set up. All we were asking for is what we could do at home to help our child progress better.

I will say though that our child was able to see "We Are Marshall" four times during the 8th grade year in four different classes.

It wouldn't be fair to say ALL teachers in Cabell County are bad because there are some very talented and caring teachers; however, there are some really bad apples who have no threat of being replaced for incompetence because of tenure. Maybe if the teacher's union gives up on tenure, maybe the state could address pay raises.
jim

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Look up charlotte iserbyt on YouTube.
okay

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

You people are funny. What are you going to accomplish by getting on some trashy, gossip site and bitching? Absolutely nothing. If you're that unhappy, be proactive and do something about it. You can do much more than just emailing and/or making phone calls. Stop being so immature. I bet some of your kids are more mature than some of you people are.
Special Ed Teacher

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

okay wrote:
You people are funny. What are you going to accomplish by getting on some trashy, gossip site and bitching? Absolutely nothing. If you're that unhappy, be proactive and do something about it. You can do much more than just emailing and/or making phone calls. Stop being so immature. I bet some of your kids are more mature than some of you people are.
I'm going to be proactive and poop in bag and leave it on the porches of bad parents.
RollTide

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Teachers are not over paid. But the summer 'resort' training...yeah, that happens and it's pretty nice. Very nice hotels and a per diem for food. But the training and lectures the teachers that get to go on these trips get is invaluable and is helping your kids. So deal with it.
Retired CFO

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

RollTide wrote:
Teachers are not over paid. But the summer 'resort' training...yeah, that happens and it's pretty nice. Very nice hotels and a per diem for food. But the training and lectures the teachers that get to go on these trips get is invaluable and is helping your kids. So deal with it.
I support resort training for teachers!
Hello

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

MrNornal wrote:
On occasion, I had emails from teachers, counselors, and principals from CMHS. None were in regards to disciplinary issues fortunately.

What astounded my husband and I was the atrocious grammar and spelling from the educational staff. True story people. It was like the teachers, counselors, and principals at CMHS did not know how to use grammar and spell check, an educator shouldn't need to though.

I don't know about your wife, but I hope she at least uses correct spelling and grammar when corresponding with parents.

My apologies if I've misspelled anything here. Using a very small phone and I've got big thumbs lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

85 Users are viewing the Huntington Forum right now

Search the Huntington Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
East end thief's (Nov '13) 8 min Justin Roberts 1,419
who got shot by hpd last night? 16 min pathetic 159
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 21 min bacon hater 54,278
scandalous women of huntington 45 min what 25
morris bldg fire 1 hr in the know 57
WVSP prostitution sting in Logan area results i... (Jun '13) 1 hr mark 46
men in huntington that are unfaithful 1 hr ceecee 7
Doctors behaving badly!!!!! 3 hr in the know 34
•••
•••
•••
Huntington Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••