Danielson, CT

#1 Sep 30, 2012
Name the best local drummers

“Hey yall, watch this...”

Level 5

Since: Jun 10

Barboursville

#2 Sep 30, 2012
Not to band my own drum...but...Me! Probably not the best but def in top five. You may have seen me with the Plowboyz, Open Highway, or the original "little Miseries" I also vote for James Elswick, John Hall, and Big John!
cree pass

Huntington, WV

#3 Sep 30, 2012
Steve Barker
Kyle Baughman
Rodney Elkins
cree pass

Huntington, WV

#4 Sep 30, 2012
Joshua Cumberland Adkins (of John Lancaster)
Drummer boy

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Sep 30, 2012
Les Thomas from West Road. Very best drummer around.
8 posts removed
cree pass

Huntington, WV

#14 Sep 30, 2012
Greg Lawrence wrote:
Im the best drummer in town period and guitar player period so the rest of you can stay on the porch as I am the best Drummers period and i am greg lawrence so go home
And you're so humble!
nesbit

Columbus, OH

#15 Oct 1, 2012
Les Thomas from west end
the man

Huntington, WV

#16 Oct 1, 2012
chris spaulding is by far the best ive heard from around here, but he moved to lexington not too long ago. by far the most technical local drummer ive ever heard!!!
11 posts removed
leonard the drummer

Charleston, WV

#28 Oct 1, 2012
Greg Lawrence wrote:
snake jones now theresa rea drumer wow he has a 60 piece tama set wow that guy can really play wow he is great h played a solo for 8 hours wow
It does not matter if the guy has 200 pieces of equipment. I have seen guys blow that crap away on a hat and snare.

“Often copied, never duplicated”

Level 8

Since: Nov 11

BelAir, CA

#29 Oct 1, 2012
The best drummer is the one who can keep time, understands dynamics and flow, respects the form of the song, adheres to the style of the song, can play in meters other than 4/4, can read a simple rhythmic accent lead-sheet, and doesn't change tempo every time he over-plays an unneeded fill. So my answer would be there aren't any here.
dark spook

Columbus, OH

#30 Oct 1, 2012
All cracker music sucks. Bunch of white inbred hillbillies

Level 8

BelAir, CA

#31 Oct 1, 2012
dark spook wrote:
All cracker music sucks. Bunch of white inbred hillbillies
Yeah, the music genre that relies on 3rd-party drum loops, sampling others people music, while having someone talk lame street lingo in rhythm over top of it, is SO much more viable.....
1 post removed
dexy1200

Huntington, WV

#33 Oct 1, 2012
cree pass wrote:
Joshua Cumberland Adkins (of John Lancaster)
Agreed! That dude was solid as hell at HMAF this past weekend. The whole band was. I don't think the crowd knew what to think though LOL
1 post removed
cree pass

Huntington, WV

#35 Oct 1, 2012
dexy1200 wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed! That dude was solid as hell at HMAF this past weekend. The whole band was. I don't think the crowd knew what to think though LOL
Seriously! They are one of the greatest active bands around! Them and dream the electric sleep are probably the most unsung talents to play in the region.
3 posts removed

Level 8

BelAir, CA

#39 Oct 2, 2012
greg wrote:
<quoted text> Yes you are correct as you know everything about everything spleeny but you are correct as drummers job is to keep the beat and not to overdue things as it is best when they keep it simple and put there tough parts in there when needed but I am better off to keep out of it as everybody knows more than me so my opinion is my opinion and that is it spleeny but you are 100 percent correct
Huh? I cant make out your post at all. There is no punctuation, so I cannot tell where one idea begins and the next one ends. Then you slip in and out of 3rd party narrative. Oh, and its overdo not "overdue."

Since: Jan 11

United States

#40 Oct 2, 2012
brother bennitobeaneater wrote:
<quoted text> yes but at least he doesnt have 5 d.u.i.s
You are correct Brother; however, that's only because he has NO DRIVER'S LICENSE and NO CAR! Winning!!!

Level 2

Since: Jun 11

Earth

#41 Oct 2, 2012
The drummer for LIECUS is AWESOME!
4 posts removed
Topdogg41

United States

#46 Oct 3, 2012
Chris Spaulding best drummer ever hands down. Definitely best technical drummer around.
Demonhart

United States

#47 Oct 3, 2012
I agree Chris Spaulding amazing.

Level 8

BelAir, CA

#48 Oct 3, 2012
spleencage wrote:
OOh spleencage is the best she can do anything as anybody that can eat corn out of you know with her teeth can play some drums with her hat
You do realize you are writing about yourself and in 3rd person? i.e., see your screen name.( mega face palm)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Waffle House on Route 60 52 min Bonny 42
Cal's Lounge 1 hr Fresh to death 1
smmc board and ceo thread 2 hr SMMC GOLDEN PARAC... 30
ryan verbage 2 hr from huntington 1
anyone heard of 2 hr answer me 1
News Presidential search process kicks off next week 2 hr facts are 72
Liar 2 hr Miss Practicality 8
Huntington Cop Fired! But not named. 3 hr beautiying 42
More from around the web

Huntington People Search