What happened to X106.3 ??

What happened to X106.3 ??

Posted in the Huntington Forum

WTH

United States

#1 Sep 10, 2013
It's called the Brew now. Classic Rock only. Why WHY!
1 post removed
Dopple Danger

Chesapeake, OH

#3 Sep 10, 2013
Bcuz heavy metal and lower iq have been proven to be linked.
News Hound

Milton, WV

#4 Sep 10, 2013
Look at demographics. The new generation is going more to satellite and MP3 (and similar) formats. FM radio is more for the "older" generations. For stations to be profitable, they have attract audience. Not like Clear Channel looses in this deal, ever heard of iHeart Radio?

Since: Aug 13

Lynchburg, VA

#5 Sep 10, 2013
Listen to the planet 92.7 98.5
WTH

United States

#6 Sep 10, 2013
Just sucks. I grew up listening to the X. Went to the first X-Fest in '97. Will miss the rock presence the station added to this Podunk town.
It sucked

Chesapeake, OH

#7 Sep 10, 2013
It was always classic rock! How many years can we listen to " jeremys spoken" or " stone temple pilots" before we face the facts and call it classic?
Grim

West Hamlin, WV

#8 Nov 14, 2013
i hate they changed the station, i grew up with the X too, i listened to it everyday on the drive to school. and dear dopple danger, i dont know where your info came from, but it is scientifically proven that the genius's of this generation prefer heavy metal, so id say by that there that heavy metal is linked to intelligence, and another thing, music does not lower your iq, music is an emotional thing, it plays on your emotions, not your intelligence. and another point sooo many people over look, country music has a WAY higher suicide rate than heavy metal (just because i know someone will pull that one out), just think about it, most of country is sad depressing music, makes sense to me
1 post removed
Mookie Blaylock 10

Columbus, OH

#10 Nov 15, 2013
X106.3 sucked It played consumer radio friendly rock music not anything worth a s$$T! Anyone with any decent musical tastes knew how to seek out real metal or rock music! Btw the song title is Jeremy not Jeremy spoken.
Mookie Blaylock 10

Columbus, OH

#11 Nov 15, 2013
I Did get to see Rollins Band at X-fest and Machinehead sooooo that was cool.
BigDon

Huntington, WV

#12 Nov 15, 2013
News Hound wrote:
Look at demographics. The new generation is going more to satellite and MP3 (and similar) formats. FM radio is more for the "older" generations. For stations to be profitable, they have attract audience. Not like Clear Channel looses in this deal, ever heard of iHeart Radio?
Not true, I'm 24 and didn't grow up in the generation of Led Zepplin, Guns n Roses, AC DC, Pink Floyd etc. But I listen to them now. I hate the new rock and heavy metal. It's way too emo and just crappy.

“Every day is ......”

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

an adventure!!!

#13 Nov 15, 2013
I just wish they'd bring John Boy and Billy back!
????

Huntington, WV

#14 Nov 16, 2013
People actually listen to the radio still? Satellite radio has been around for quite a while. Once you try it you'll never go back to local radio.... It's so painful to listen to those horrible morning show hosts
1 post removed
Pig newton answer

Huntington, WV

#16 Nov 16, 2013
John boy and billy are on 94.1 now
Former X employee

Portage, MI

#17 Nov 17, 2013
Our playlist consisted of a 75 songs those could range from the old hits (majority) to new releases (small minority) a month. Radio isn't as in depth as it used to be.

Listen on your smartphone with the I heart radio app if you want to hear free metal. Or Pandora
1 post removed
Zzz

Proctorville, OH

#19 Nov 17, 2013
[QUOTE who="????"]People actually listen to the radio still? Satellite radio has been around for quite a while. Once you try it you'll never go back to local radio.... It's so painful to listen to those horrible morning show hosts[/QUOTE]
I disagree about the satellite radio. I had it a few times in rental cars. While it had a greater variety of stations, individual stations were just as repetitive as local ones. I will agree, though, it was nice being able to avoid those idiotic morning shows.
BobEricDecistaRo binDebbie

Pittsburgh, PA

#20 May 20, 2014
The idiots ruined the X. Anyone have any ideas how to pay I heart radio back. Hmmm. Cupid does carry a bow and arrow. Hmmm.

Level 2

Since: Jun 11

Earth

#21 May 20, 2014
WTH wrote:
Just sucks. I grew up listening to the X. Went to the first X-Fest in '97. Will miss the rock presence the station added to this Podunk town.
Maybe it's time to update your Podunk life and not blame the town. Like they said their are updated broadcasting that are not conducive to business in the ever updating media. If there is a "rock presence" in Huntington then it will still remain regardless of a radio station.

Level 2

Since: Jun 11

Earth

#22 May 20, 2014
BigDon wrote:
<quoted text>Not true, I'm 24 and didn't grow up in the generation of Led Zepplin, Guns n Roses, AC DC, Pink Floyd etc. But I listen to them now. I hate the new rock and heavy metal. It's way too emo and just crappy.
Word
yes

Charleston, WV

#23 May 21, 2014
X sucked. Played the same 10 songs over and over again!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I was going as a Liberal for Halloween but I co... 3 min boi toy 20
Marvin the Martian 21 min TheActualBird 3
Cop Working Security At Sheetz 21 min South 1
Remove "Crackers" from Store Shelves 24 min Jue Jue 10
Alligator Jackson 32 min Mic drop 54
Nice try you lil' B*tch 46 min Amused 23
America Held Hostage Day 211 1 hr MarkJ- 20
Josh Fitzpatrick Fired 5 hr sure 82

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web