Assault Weapon Ban Facts

Assault Weapon Ban Facts

Posted in the Huntington Forum

Mount Lookout, WV

#1 Jan 16, 2013
Assault Weapon Ban Facts

In Context...
In 2011, 26,631 Americans died by falling related ACCIDENTS while 8,583 died in both accidents and intentional homicides by firearms.
100,000 Americans die each year from adverse reactions to FDA approved drugs; and, more than 200,000 from medical mistakes.

Banning assault weapons…
Between 2000 and 2005, 14,443 Americans were killed with firearms that are not handguns. While 12,572 were killed by kitchen cutlery. Even more so 19,944 were killed by other objects including blunt improvised weapons.

How dangerous are rifles in context?
Total number of homicides, followed by deaths by assault weapons…
Illinois .......... 452 total,¼ percent by rifle
District of Columbia ........ 108 total, 0 percent by rifle
Pennsylvania .......... 636 total, 2 percent by rifle
Connecticut .......... 128 total, 1 percent by rifle
Michigan .......... 613 total, 6 percent by rifle
California .......... 1790 total, Less than 4 percent by rifle
Massachusetts .......... 183 total, 0 percent by rifle
Nebraska .......... 65 total, 5 percent by rifle
Texas .......... 1089 total, 5 percent by rifle
New York .......... 774 total, 1 percent by rifle
Alaska .......... 29 total, 0 percent by rifle
Vermont .......... 8 total, 0 percent by rifle
New Hampshire .......... 16 total, 33 percent by rifle

From 2000-2008
1,281 deaths by strangulation.
5,782 deaths by blunt weapons.
3,791 deaths by Rifles.
16,547 deaths by knives.

Position: A ban on firearms would curve gun related deaths.
Fact: An average of 341,000 firearms a year is obtained illegally through theft or blackmarket.
Pro Gunner

United States

#2 Jan 16, 2013
These gun grabbers don't even know what an assault riffle is. They are calling semi auto sport riffles "assault"...what dumbasses. They are foreign owned globalists. They want to make a slave out of Americans. Many Americans are too stupid to see it. I guess the dumbed down education system and sodium Flouride on the water is working.

United States

#3 Jan 16, 2013
If we are genuinely concerned we should ban knives that are 9 times deadlier than rifles.

Whether you support the ban or not you have to be mentally retarded to think this is an answer to violent crimes.

Jonesboro, AR

#4 Jan 16, 2013
Obama stated that he wants to get rid of guns that fire more than 10 bullets.

Now there are many questions that come to mind.

If Obama does manage to ban these weapons that fire more than 10 bullets. what happens to the guns now that people own that fire more than 10 bullets ? We know that gun shops will have to get rid of them and can no longer sale them. But what if you already own one of these banned guns, will the government make you come in and hand in your firearms to be melted down like other countries such as Britain and Australia had done ? And what about the people who refuse to give up these guns, are we going to see police and military knocking doors and confiscating guns ? If so it could lead to a fire fight with police and military.

2. Also you have to bring into question something else, if Obama does get rid of these weapons he wants to ban, these assault weapons, who is to say that shotguns or pistols won't be the next to go ?

3. Politicians love to lie, doesn't matter if it's bush, clinton,Reagan, all politicians lie. Who is to say obama does not have ulterior motives behind the gun ban ?

4. Also why has DHS (Department of Homeland Security) bought over 1.6 billion bullets for ? It is believed that the government had been planning a gun ban for sometime and they have prepared by buying 1.6 billion bullets to take care of the Americans who resist.
links below on the bullets.

1 post removed
JUPA Ranger

Carlsbad, NM

#6 Jan 17, 2013
To start, let me say that all of us grieve for the people that have lost their lives (by any method of murder) to evil people. I have four children at home and get both angry and sad when I think of the children killed in Connecticut. I am also still very angry and sad when I see the stories on 9-11-01 when the towers fell and when I see the photo of the crying firefighter carrying the dead child out of the ruins of the blasted federal building in Oklahoma City.

There are evil people in our society. Whether or not they have guns is irrelevant. Everybody needs to recognize this. Regardless of whether these bad people use guns, ammonium nitrate and diesel fuel, box cutters, or whatever, they will find some tool to perform the evil that they want to do. Infringing on the rights of the law-abiding owners of guns, box cutters, and/or fertilizer & diesel fuel will not fix the problem.

In the case of the recent shootings, I fully believe that a single armed and trained security guard or off-duty police officer at any of these places where these horrible massacres took place would have either stopped the incident from happening or given enough time to both evacuate the premises and have a prompt response by area police. Armed, trained air marshals and TSA officials have been very effective since 9-11 and the same would hold true in our schools. I’ll bet the violent crime rate is far lower at stores with armed security guards or moonlighting police officers stationed therein than those without.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ugh why so jealous?? 18 min B.T. Justice 9
Psychotic (Manuela Hauser) (Jun '11) 45 min hootie 10
No black prostitutes cause nobody want that 1 hr White Man 15
"Whites only wing" after hospital merger 1 hr White Man 1
Blacks still played and controlled by democrats 1 hr White Man 19
bored anyone want to chat 3 hr Meeee 7
Last Post Wins! (Jan '11) 3 hr _FLATLINE-------- 3,359
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Huntington Mortgages