huntington health & rehab?
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
BAHAHAHA

Prichard, WV

#87 Mar 5, 2013
I know her wrote:
Taylor McCarthy is a hoe, she will sleep with anything that walks, this is so funny that I see her name on here. I did not know she worked at hhr, I feel sorry for her co workers wife's or gf, she will fuck there husbands and bf..she had a good guy and cheated on him with whoever she's with now. I know them both.
........REALLY I SEE SOMEONE IS JEALOUS!!!!!SO FUNNY!!!!
shock

Huntington, WV

#88 Sep 19, 2013
I recently lost my husband there at sixty five have no clue what happened.please help me
just me

Charleston, WV

#89 Sep 19, 2013
midawn wrote:
I am always amazed to hear the attitudes of health care workers regarding forced overtime and understaffing. It seems to me that these are things one should be aware of before entering into that particular field.
It's like hearing ems workers complain about pay (granted, it is terribly low, but...). No one gets into ems to get rich, and everyone knows that illnesses and injuries don't work around certain schedules. That's just how it is.
As to HHR, I have to say that I was very pleased with most employees encountered when my mother was there. The staff did appear to have a lot of work...but...most of them seemed competent enough to handle it, and didn't act aggravated or upset. Perhaps we were simply lucky, and my mother was on a floor where the workers wanted those jobs because they really wanted to care for people.
I have known very few people in the medical field expecting to "clock out" at the same time every day or night. These aren't just "jobs", like being a cashier at Walmart or being a teller at a bank.
I would encourage you to work wherever you have the opportunity to do the work you are choosing to do, and caring for people as you obviously want to do in choosing this career.
How did your interview go?
Your mother must have been on 4th floor
just me

Charleston, WV

#90 Sep 19, 2013
Just Saying wrote:
Why has this place not been reported? If everyone who has worked there says it is so bad why don't they do something about it? Don't just tell the management there, go over their heads as well. Anyone seeing this first hand and letting it go on is just as guilty of the abuse.

It does no good to report it , yes things was really as bad as you have read. I know because I worked there 10 + years. I went to management and then I called state, nothing was ever done to change things. Because I opened my mouth and defended my residents , I became a problem to them. I know for a fact they was several of us workers who actually reported and called on them but anyone who did they would find reason to fire them.
shock

Huntington, WV

#91 Sep 20, 2013
can you help me understand why my husband died.he had only been there less than a month.was there for therapy only.who do I report to I don't know
sosorry

Chesapeake, OH

#92 Jul 11, 2014
shock wrote:
can you help me understand why my husband died.he had only been there less than a month.was there for therapy only.who do I report to I don't know
Who was your husband?
Cass

Charleston, WV

#93 Aug 10, 2015
concerned wrote:
Is it a good place to work?
HELL NO this has to be the worst because everyone's stuck up nobody wants to help and almost all of the residents get skin break downs
Mandation

United States

#94 Aug 10, 2015
HHR isn't a bad place to work. There is sometimes mandatory overtime worked... That being said its the same with most nursing homes. The pay is much higher then even the hospitals. HHR has a strict policy on refusing mandation... After two refusals the third time you will be fired.
Don

Huntington, WV

#95 Aug 11, 2015
Mandation wrote:
HHR isn't a bad place to work. There is sometimes mandatory overtime worked... That being said its the same with most nursing homes. The pay is much higher then even the hospitals. HHR has a strict policy on refusing mandation... After two refusals the third time you will be fired.
How much does it pay?
Is It Union

Charleston, WV

#96 Aug 11, 2015
Runnn wrote:
dont even waste your time there .. they are always having the state called on them.. have people teaching classes there that arent even licensed and qualified to do so.. they mandate constantly, and sometimes youre left working a whole floor by yourself.
Is there an employee union there?
Mandation

Huntington, WV

#97 Aug 12, 2015
Don wrote:
<quoted text>
How much does it pay?
4-5 years ago they started new grads (lpn) out at $16 per hour for prn as far as cna's not sure.
Daughter

Jacksonville, NC

#98 Nov 8, 2015
Never been so disgusted in my life. Get to Huntingington Health Care and find my Mother-in-Law with her feet over the side of her bed, dinner plate in front of her. She tells us she is freezing. We try to get her on the bed and discover she has no diaper on and just wearing a hospital gown. I discover her sheet is wet and go get another sheet. Then realized her whole bed was soaking wet and she was laying in feces. Go to nurse to get her cleaned up and one aide comes, first thing aide asked for is her wheel chair so she can sit her up to clean the bed. Well her wheel chair has been missing for 2 weeks. I understand that because lately when they do get her up they put her in a geriatic chair. Well the geriatic chair is gone too. They tell us they are short handed because it's the weekend. Insert my opion: Huntington gets paid the same amount on weekends as they do on week days. They need to drop the words "health care" from their title.
Saywhat

Hawkinsville, GA

#99 Mar 15, 2016
waste of time wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a nurse now, at the time I worked there I was a CNA. Don't get me wrong there are wonderful nurses and aid's there just like anywhere else, but most of them didnt give two craps about their residents and it was pretty obvious because they would take the residents medication and get high from it.
It's pathetic.
Anyone suspected of taking drugs, alcohol on the job is immediately drug tested. If they are positive they are fired on the spot. Zero tolerance
curious

Vienna, WV

#100 Mar 16, 2016
Saywhat wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone suspected of taking drugs, alcohol on the job is immediately drug tested. If they are positive they are fired on the spot. Zero tolerance
Are they hiring?
Hater

United States

#101 Mar 17, 2016
curious wrote:
<quoted text>Are they hiring?
Always lol
1 post removed
well

Waynesboro, VA

#103 Mar 17, 2016
curious wrote:
<quoted text>Are they hiring?
Don't, just don't. I have NEVER worked at a worse place, and I used to scrub toilets. Let me put it this way, I was getting ready to go into work when my daughter started having seizures so I called in (my first time calling in) I called 911 and went to the hospital. When I went back to work the next day with a note from the Dr they balled me out yelling and screaming over me calling in. Another time I called and said I may not be able to make it into work because my other daughter had to be rushed to the hospital, she was bent over screaming in pain, she has major pain tolerance so it scared the crap out of me because the her doctor thought she might have crohns. I did make it into work 1 1/2 hours late and got screamed at again. Another time my daughter had a doctors appointment and I let them know incase I got mandated and even got someone to stay to cover me a few hours (1-2 hours) and they did mandate me and refused to let the other person cover me until I could come back in a couple hours. That was it, I left right after the CNA left, walked out. The other thing I couldn't stand was the one CNA who complained nonstop about being tired and exhausted, I just laughed my ass off, then told them how my day goes, work 26 hour shift, go home cook, clean, beg for a babysitter so I can at least get 3 hours sleep, do laundry, cook dinner, spend time with my daughters,read them a story, get them bathed, put them to bed and go to work. Normally I don't complain about being tired, but I had had it with this person who got to go straight to bed when they got home.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Huntington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lola and Terry 58 min Lola Rakes 54
CHH Picnic - Camden Park 1 hr SMMC RN 7
East end break-ins 1 hr Ricky cremeans 78
UniFirst 1 hr Jojo dancer 1
Sen. Joe Manchin 3 hr Mylan Ruse 12
Best lawyer in Huntington 4 hr Ajh 4
Dax Adkins junkie heroin theif 4 hr Dax 4

Huntington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance